-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
no no no to this Syria crap !.... I want nothing to do with a "community organizer" running a damm army ..... I even told don y to go knock some sense into them other 2 limpdicks..... bag and ski!!

Last edited by atvalaska; 09/06/13.

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
how much beer you got left? I might want to knock on that door. (grin)

sorry I didn't get ahold of you when you were in FBKS last time.

hopin you'll give me another shot this winter.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
a reply today...from the "bagman"....>>>>>>>>.Thank you for contacting me about the possible United States military response to the use of chemical weapons in Syria. This is a very important issue, and I welcome your views on this matter.

As you know, Syria has been engaged in a violent civil war since March 2011. According to U.S. intelligence evidence I have reviewed, the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad carried out a chemical weapons attack in the suburbs of Damascus on August 21, 2013, which resulted in the deaths of over 1,400 civilians. I am horrified at the unconscionable act of the Assad regime using chemical weapons on its own citizens.

On August 31, President Obama submitted a request to Congress to approve the use of U.S. military force to respond to Syria's use of weapons of mass destruction. Most members of Congress, our allies, and Administration officials agree the outcome of the conflict in Syria has significant implications for U.S. and global security interests. However, there is great debate about the impact of immediate U.S.-only military intervention in response to Assad's use of chemical weapons.

I am concerned how a unilateral military intervention may impact U.S. and our allies' security interests and policy goals, stability in the Middle East, and what it could mean for the overall conflict in Syria. In order to gain my support, the Obama Administration must assure me that immediate U.S. military intervention is in the best interest of our national security. The Administration must ease my concerns that U.S. military intervention may only deepen factional divides in Syria and result in escalated violence, additional human rights abuses of innocent civilians, and ultimately derail the possibility for a negotiated end to the conflict. Before any decision is made, I expect the Administration to clarify its objectives, establish a timeline, and define an end-state of proposed military intervention. The Administration must also provide cost estimates so we understand the burden the American taxpayers will bear for the proposed intervention.

I also remain deeply concerned the U.S. will be acting alone without a strong international coalition that would support our troops and their mission. International support also would send a strong message to other countries, such as Iran and North Korea, that using weapons of mass destruction is absolutely unacceptable and there will be consequences.

I am pleased the President is asking Congress to vote on the use of force. This week, I returned from Alaska to Washington to hear from Administration officials regarding my concerns. I will continue to monitor the situation closely and keep you updated when the vote reaches the Senate floor. Your thoughts are very important to me, and I will keep them in mind as we move forward with the debate.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Please feel free to contact me again about this or any other issue.

Sincerely,
Mark Begich
U.S. Senator

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you want them to knock on your door you will have to try harder.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
ATV:
So, what's his position on the subject? Nuthin', as expected except "I'm concerned". Figures! Runnin' for re-election like his life depended on it.
Bear in Fairbanks

"Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes."
Amazingly, I've lived long enough to see a President who is worse than Carter.
And finally,
Gun control means using two hands.

IC B2

S
sep Offline
S
What's his position? Doggystyle of course, that's the position he'll use on us if he's re-elected! ;-)

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sep
What's his position? Doggystyle of course, that's the position he'll use on us if he's re-elected! ;-)
dam SEP u need to post more.... I like the way u think! yup he and his party willgangrapeus an the R's will watch ...sorrysobs.......

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (1936M71, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 59 invisible), 2,307 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,618
Posts18,511,844
Members74,008
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.