Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
From the sound of this article this morning, we all better go out and lay in all the ammo and black rifles we can find regardless of price whistle

Days after mass shootings in both of his hometowns, President Barack Obama urged his most ardent supporters Saturday "to get back up and go back at it" and help push stalled legislation out of Congress so dangerous people won't get their hands on guns.

"We can't rest until all of our children can go to school or walk down the street free from the fear that they will be struck down by a stray bullet," Obama said in a keynote speech to the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation's annual awards dinner.

Legislation calling for expanded background checks failed to clear the Senate earlier this year despite a strong push by Obama, Vice President Joe Biden, people whose loved ones had been killed by gunfire and other gun-control advocates.

The bill was part of a package of measures Obama promised to put the full weight of his office behind after 20 first-graders and six educators were killed last December in a mass shooting at an elementary school in Newtown, Conn.

Republicans and some Democrats voted against the measure.

Obama used the occasion of his keynote speech to make his first public comments about this week's pair of shootings.

Just two days ago in his other hometown of Chicago, 13 people out watching a game of pickup basketball at a neighborhood park were wounded by gunfire, including a 3-year-old boy.

This past Monday in Washington, 12 people were slain by a gunman who later was killed by police. Obama was preparing to speak Sunday evening at a memorial service in Washington for victims of that shooting.

"Tomorrow night I'll be meeting in mourning with families in this city who now know the same unspeakable grief of families in Newtown and Aurora and Tucson and Chicago and New Orleans and all across the country, people whose loved ones were torn from them without headlines sometimes or public outcry," Obama said.

"But it's happening every single day," he said. "We fought a good fight earlier this year, but we came up short and that means we've got to get back up and go back at it because as long as there are those who fight to make it as easy as possible for dangerous people to get their hands on a gun, then we've got to work as hard as possible for the sake of our children. We've got to be ones who are willing to do more work to make it harder."

The White House said after Monday's shooting that Obama is using his executive authority to tighten access to guns and remains committed to strengthening gun laws, including requiring background checks for sales online and at gun shows.

The dinner celebrated the "Spirit of 1963," including the civil rights movement and the March on Washington for Jobs and Justice led 50 years ago at the Lincoln Memorial by Martin Luther King Jr. The annual event also celebrated the advances the movement brought about for black Americans, including voting rights, desegregation and Obama's election in 2008 as America's first black president.

Without mentioning his place in history, Obama acknowledged progress made since 1963 but said there was more to be done. He spoke of work needed to reduce an unemployment rate among blacks that is twice that of whites, increase the minimum wage as he proposed earlier this year and provide health care and education for all.

He said upward mobility has slipped out of reach for too many Americans, including in largely black communities.

Obama said the U.S. must become a place where hard work buys a ticket into the middle class. He suggested continuing to follow the example of the civil rights heroes of the past and not letting up until that dream also becomes a reality.

"We must make this country a place where anyone who works hard can earn their way into the middle class," Obama told hundreds of people packed into a cavernous ballroom in Washington's convention center. "And until we do, we can't let up and we can't rest."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/09/22/obama-urges-new-gun-law-push-at-cbc-dinner/#ixzz2fdoQOtDO

[Linked Image]
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It boggles my mind how this guy got anywhere....

I don't eat anything that didn't have a mother.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Obama said the U.S. must become a place where hard work buys a ticket into the middle class.

Serial Liar

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
He hasn't. Other people have done it for him. His entire life has been a guided tour.

Anyone who believes that he is the one running the show is sadly mistaken.

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
It is not "Obama at it again" It is Obama at it still.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In essence, by saying "we need more," they are saying they are insatiable controllers since both of the places are some of the most tightly controlled areas when it comes to guns. Obviously, more isn't working. Hmmmmm, I wonder what the other solution(s) might be?

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Put those words a little differently. "Hard work buys your way into mediocrity."
What happened to the idea of working your way into the UPPER class? I always thought THAT was the goal?

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
HE JUST CAN'T AND WON'T TELL THE TRUTH ABOUT ANYTHING.HIS DEPARTURE FROM THE WHITE HOUSE,THE SOONER THE BETTER AND I PRAY I NEVER HAVE TO HEAR HIS SORRY ASS NAME MENTIONED AGAIN,PERIOD.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Obama said the U.S. must become a place where hard work buys a ticket into the middle class.

Serial Liar

+1....he needs to start his 'gun-free' campaign with the brothers in Chicago that are murdering at a Mexican-border town rate...

He'd rather f*ck with the law-abiding middle America folks who are gun owners.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
The thing is, the world is watching more and more, and his recent string of failures is making him look really weak on the world stage. This will be an epic fail, and will make him look worse. Problem is he is making the US look weak as well.

Unreconstructed to the End.
Dum Vivimus Vivamus
Death smiles at us all...but only FMF Corpsmen smile back
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I am holding my breath waiting on his response to the mall shooting in Kenya!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
He hasn't. Other people have done it for him. His entire life has been a guided tour.

This is just it. There are rich and powerful forces at work, and Obama is simply the sock puppet with a voice.

Soros came here as an impoverished immigrant, and now for some reason he wants to tear down the system that allowed him to become filthy rich. I guess once a communist, always a communist, and that goes for Obammmmma.

Last edited by luv2safari; 09/22/13.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
How does he think my right to own an ar-15, 1500 mile s away is going to make a difference in whether or not there is another gangland shooting in Chicago.

Roughly half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HankMcMauser
How does he think my right to own an ar-15, 1500 mile s away is going to make a difference in whether or not there is another gangland shooting in Chicago.

He doesn't. He wants threats to his tyranny eliminated everywhere.

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You can count on the fact that little POS is never going to change!

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by luv2safari

This is just it. There are rich and powerful forces at work, and Obama is simply the sock puppet with a voice.

Soros came here as an impoverished immigrant, and now for some reason he wants to tear down the system that allowed him to become filthy rich. I guess once a communist, always a communist, and that goes for Obammmmma.

Don't forget Valerie Jarrett who is middle eastern.
She is likely a puppet master.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And we wonder how Hitler and his brownshirts got any traction. Here it is again.

Obama, agitator in chief, sock puppet of Soros.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
[bleep] obama. Wecome to the Fahr Szumi.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by broomd
Originally Posted by luv2safari

Don't forget Valerie Jarrett who is middle eastern.
She is likely a puppet master.

You bet! She's close by to keep the dumbschidt in line and out of trouble. When he tries to think on his own we get the Syria Red Line. FUGGIN Idiot! smirk

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Guy sure has a knack for exploiting other people's grief doesn't he? NOTHING he has ever proposed in the way of gun control will make people one iota safer. He could have been honest and called the Fort Shooting a terrorist attack---but oh no, heaven forbid we should truthfully identify a threat to Americans (Muslim jihadists). Wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

I literally cannot stand the sound of that [bleep]'s voice. I become incensed every time he opens his mouth at the destruction his policies are wreaking.

Want to stop violent crime Zero? How 'bout pursuing policies that strengthen families instead of weaken them? Just askin? Fugger.

Jordan

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 12344mag, 73 invisible), 2,606 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,827
Posts18,516,845
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.