Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Exactly correct! Water stain or no, she would not have passed customs with that passport.

Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity!
GB1

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by JWP58
Screw all the airlines. Its easier to get in to this country illegally than LEAVE legally. That's is by design, not by chance.

Did he have to get radiated too? Or did he choose to be molested?

Screw the TSA, and screw the FAA. If I cant drive, I don't go.

Hunted the Eastern Cape this spring with my son and wife. Airlines were on the verge of being just plain mean. I love hunting Africa and will Lord willing return, but will make sure all my t's are crossed and i's dotted again.

And we know that all things work for the good for those who love The Lord, who have been called according to his purpose.
Romans 8-28
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
In my wordly travels I've found that if I have a difficult time getting there then getting home is twice as bad. If they F with me going...then I stay home.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's not about them Fing with you or being mean. It's about a set of rules that are the same for everyone, everywhere and generally those rules are there for very good reasons such as security and immigration etc.

Those rules are on no end of travel websites all over the web so the answer is if you want to go overseas then check the rules before you travel because if you don't and you're in breach of them, you won't be going anywhere.

It's actually pretty simple.

Last edited by Shakari; 09/29/13.

Have you swept the visioned valley with the green stream streaking though it?
Searched the vastness for a something you have lost?
Have you strung your soul to silence? Then for God's sake go and do it
Hear the challenge, learn the lesson, pay the cost
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Gracy Travel.

Always have gotten me to Africa and back with no problems.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Shakari
I appreciate it was a disaster for him but with all due respect, had he done his research he'd have known the requirements for travel that incidentally are the same for everyone.

The internet is full of sites, including our own that gives all necessary info & even all required downloads completely free of charge.

He was also offered an alternative that would have allowed him to travel & he opted not to take it.

Frankly, he shouldn't be blaming the airline or Africa, he should be blaming his own silly carelessness.

As a US lawyer who does cross-border estate plans and wills, we have a saying about offshore investments � to do them, the party "has to be an international kind of a guy." Otherwise, they are not for him. I know plenty of very fine people (including my late father) who simply do not have the kind of personality to travel smoothly and enjoyably.

If you are going to hiss and fume about the hangups in international travel, maybe you should stick to domestic trips. Heck, I just came back from the US a few days ago and the TSA security there really tested my patience, even though I expected it.

The passport issue is well within the range of possibilities in Africa, in my experience. You just have to remain cheerful and go with the flow.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by sierrabravo45
Gracy Travel.

Always have gotten me to Africa and back with no problems.

In this particular case using an agent wouldn't have helped.

The passenger simply didn't check the rules of travel or her passport as she should have done & she has no right to get titty lipped when she was refused at the check in desk.

She even had the option to get & pay for a replacement passport right there & then & she refused that as well.

Have you swept the visioned valley with the green stream streaking though it?
Searched the vastness for a something you have lost?
Have you strung your soul to silence? Then for God's sake go and do it
Hear the challenge, learn the lesson, pay the cost
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My guess is the travel agent would have red flagged the passport expiration right away and got it fixed.

"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man." --Robert Duvall.
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!" --John Wayne.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KMG
Originally Posted by JJHACK
They have the attitude that they are owed something, and yet you are the customer.

True, but there does seem to be a common factor.

If there is a worse airline than SAA, I don't know who they are. My first experience with them years ago was a delight. My last was pure hell. Any alternative is better.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by AB2506
Chose KLM, more dependable and from what I hear stellar service.

We went to Tanzania last year on KLM. Highly recommend it. We went coach and found it very comfortable with excellent service, nicer than any US carrier, and I fly a lot for work.

We used a travel agent, and recommend that for sure. They made sure we had all of the required information well in advance, such as 6 months remaining on the passport, and required immunization card.

The modest fee they charge is well worth a smooth trip, and actually was lower than what we priced it on our own.

BTW - Tanzania is an outstanding place to visit.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jeffbird
Originally Posted by AB2506
Chose KLM, more dependable and from what I hear stellar service.

We went to Tanzania last year on KLM. Highly recommend it. We went coach and found it very comfortable with excellent service, nicer than any US carrier, and I fly a lot for work.

We used a travel agent, and recommend that for sure. They made sure we had all of the required information well in advance, such as 6 months remaining on the passport, and required immunization card.

The modest fee they charge is well worth a smooth trip, and actually was lower than what we priced it on our own.

BTW - Tanzania is an outstanding place to visit.

I'm booked on KLM for next May. My PH highly recommends KLM, at least from western Canada to RSA.

Last edited by AB2506; 10/29/13.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10Glocks, 1941USMC, 50 invisible), 2,262 guests, and 1,130 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,647
Posts18,493,344
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.