-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Get the form from US customs the link for it is posted under my name in the "Planning a Trip to Canada "thread. Us customs wanted to take my brand new Bansner custom rifle on my first trip to Canada. They said how do we know your not importing this. Luckily for me They new a friend of mine that works for them and they accepted my proof of bringing it into Canada on the Canadian registration form on my departure date from the US. The form is free and takes 5 minutes at a customs office and is good for a very long time.If you have an expensive set of bino's or a spotter put it on there too.

I Kill Things......deal with it..
GB1

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Wildone, hadn't even thought about binocs, etc. Thanks for the advice.

Kurt

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
How many firearms can ONE person take into Canada? I have been told TWO but the form I have seen shows blanks for 3 guns. Which is correct? 2 guns or 3 guns?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If I'm not mistaken you can take more than two. If you look at the forms it tells you that if you need more spaces for guns to print and fill out another page called the "continuation page" and list them accordingly.

I Kill Things......deal with it..
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
you can take three guns. they all go on the same form, and it's the same fee whether you take 1 or 3.

IC B2

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
land border crossings vary from station to station, but expect to be gone over with a fine tooth comb at the airport. read the webpage, and then follow the instructions the agents give you. it's tough to not show something when you're dragging it on a cart. i've had crossings take a few minutes, and much longer when i was bringing back game. they went to get the "expert", to catalog what birds i was bringing back. much time goes by. it was an entertaining experience to explain to the expert that the big birds were geese and the little ones were ducks.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
And don't bring a firearm without a serial number, that one [bleep] everyone up.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just crossed the border going into Canada yesterday with my shotgun in the truck. The RCMP form that used to be available to print out online and have filled out in advance to declare your firearms is no longer available, being replaced with instructions to email the RCMP for the form, which I did. They never send the form. So I had to fill it out at the border. Canadian customs is aware that the form is no longer available online. Since I had an old form with me that had all the information, they just copied the information onto the new form. They weren't even interested in looking at my shotgun, which in my experience is typically the case. They didn't even question how much ammunition I had with me, which is also typically the case. The rule is a maximum of 200 rounds per firearm brought across the border.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In the -past year I've returned through US Customs three times from Canada and been asked for my form OMB No. 1651-0010 all three times.....They got hot on this after Canada did away with registration.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Email addy to request a form:
cfp-pcafrcmp-grc.gc.ca

They emailed me the form within 1.5 hours of submitting the request.

Phone number to request a form:
1-800-731-4000

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I crossed into Sask. about 7am on the 11th of Nov at Portal. If I had not misunderstood the gentleman in the booth (hard of hearing). We (wife & I) would have been thru customs in the time it takes to write my name. As it was it took about 15 minutes and that included a trip over to the US customs where I ask what did I need to do to insure no problems when I returned in about a week. The US customs guy said I did not need to do anything. About a week later as we re-entered the states We did have to declare??? the deer meat we were bring back into the states took about 15 minutes and we were headed for Minot to spend the night. I dreaded the stop going & coming but as it turned out it went smooth as silk.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
This is a pat on the back for all of you Canadians. The wife & I were very pleased with our trip in every aspect of the hunt other than the high price of fuel. Your roads are exceptionaly clean unlike most of the US. The people were very helpful when we needed help. We commend you!!!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (1OntarioJim, 160user, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 50 invisible), 2,373 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,336
Posts18,526,767
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.