-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would not hesitate to recommend iGala. They know hunting, and what footage is needed to recreate your trip.
Frank, let me know if Im out of line here, but I will be happy to forward anybody a copy of your guy's hunt DVD.
I'm currently in Dortmund,Germany for the outdoor show but will be back next week. If anyone would like to see what a hunt DVD should look like, please drop me an email with your address and request one and I will get one in the mail for you ASAP.

Take Care,
Marius

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Professional Hunter and Outfitter
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia
http://www.huntsafaris.co.za
[email protected]
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Got our copies of the DVD from Hannes in the mail. Best $$ I've ever spent, hands down.

HP Productions
Hannes Pienaar

Very good guy, certainly more than a camera man, he was instantly part of our hunt and look forward to using him again in the future.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Brother_Bill
Got our copies of the DVD from Hannes in the mail. Best $$ I've ever spent, hands down.

HP Productions
Hannes Pienaar

Very good guy, certainly more than a camera man, he was instantly part of our hunt and look forward to using him again in the future.

Fantastic. Now don't be selfish and keep the video to yourself. Post it here please. smile

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Video of a hunt is the best money you can spend. Skip the taxidermy and do a video. You won't be disappointed.

Hunting For Adventure
Tom Addleman (816) 213-6646
[email protected]
To book your next great hunting adventure - www.huntingforadventure.com
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SilentT
Video of a hunt is the best money you can spend. Skip the taxidermy and do a video. You won't be disappointed.

I couldn't agree more. I've not had it done professionally, but just the footage I've gotten with my own equipment run by the PH or a friend is my favorite thing I bring home.

It simply allows you to relive the hunt better than anything else can.

..."I will not tip toe through life, to meet death safely."
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My great-uncle was a professional film maker and photographer who moved from Germany to Tanzania, then Tanganyika, in 1931. He and his brother, Hans, had their own farm but he continued to shoot film and still photographs on assignment around the world. He shot and edited every one of the 20 or so hunts he and his brother took over a period from 1932 to 1957/8. These are beautiful b&w films and are all professionally voiced. If he was paying to have this done today it would have cost $10,000.00 for every day covered and included in the film - BUT - the most important point of all this is this. These films have been seen twice in all those years.

I suggest that the people hunting, in this case YOU, take a hard bound, small journal with them and set aside an hour or so every evening to write down, in your own vernacular and from your point of view, what you want your relatives and family to know, and that you find of value. My memories of his hunts, and his brothers hunts, are all from the stories that they told to the family members - and to the little boy who is now 67 years old and still hunting Africa.

Put the cost of a video/DVD that will gather dust in a closet in your kids college fund. It is YOU, YOUR voice, values, and memories that they will cherish, not those of a cameraman who will do a wonderful technical job, but who can never capture YOU and what you thought, felt, and experienced - there is only one person who can do do that - YOU.

Terry

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by hatari
If you are going to do it in hopes of producing a video for sale, you will really need to script parts ahead of time, and know what you want to film in addition to the kill shots beforehand.

Camp, towns, cities, bush staff, wildlife, campfire conversations etc all need to be thought of in advance.

Dragging a photographer through the bush is noisy, slow, and it always takes an extra 15-30 seconds to get the camera on the game before you shoot. Think of how few times you have that extra 30 seconds to wait.

Best of luck if you try, but it is not easy, and works best if you have a month free and an unlimited budget.

I agree with Hatari's post. Plus, you are injecting another personality into the hunt. The videographer will be at your campfire, eat and drink with you and be a more or less constant presence. If he is a good "fit", no worries. If he is not a good "fit", he can screw up the ambience of your hunt.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Probably one the best things I did was video my hunts. They take me back to Africa in an instant! My only difference, I had a sportsman speedball camera mounted to the brim of my cap. Everytime I jumped off the truck, I turned it on. A lot of the files were deleted, but when it came to the hunt, the POV was perfect, as if I was looking down the barrel of the gun again. The only downside is that it picked up all the wind noise, so much of the conversation washed out. I downloaded everything off of the SD card at night and started fresh the next day. FWIW.

Life is too short to squabble - mend the past, live today, and dream of tomorrow
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Still dreaming of an African hunt but must say 7K sounds a bit steep.

Find a friend/relative that is good at shooting videos, buy a high quality camera and take them with you.

Might make the hunt that much more fun by having someone else with you to enjoy it

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Take bigstick, he loves to run a camera or video, plus he has some great rifle and gear testing methods, he will make sure all is good. grin

Have fun whatever you decide, wish it was something I could do.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

498 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 10ring1, 16gage, 56 invisible), 2,604 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,074
Posts18,501,513
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.