Print Thread
Hop To
W
wdenike Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Is there a bus coming from TEXAS with WORLD WAR11 VETERANS on there way to the memorial??? An is the jerk in the white house actually going to have the national guard there stopping them from entering??? If so not only shame on the national guard. But it is a wake up call to all of America.

Take care, Willie

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Yes,they are on the way from Tyler, TX and they are accompanied by a reporter from the local ABC affiliate who is not exactly in step with the network. It should be an interesting report. grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Normally the national guard is a state agency and would have to be federalized before taking orders from the HMFIC.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Can't be. Many here have claimed the armed forces will never side with government over the citizens and the constitution.

W
wdenike Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Can't be. Many here have claimed the armed forces will never side with government over the citizens and the constitution.

All of the fine young men I have come in contact with have expressed the same. I to believe the entire military see's through the empty suits in Washington like a fish bowl.

Take care, Willie

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mustang22
Normally the national guard is a state agency and would have to be federalized before taking orders from the HMFIC.

This is true. The Guard is always under the control of the governor of a state unless they are federalized. And even then, the governor has to ok it. I don't think it's ever happened, but technically a governor can refuse to allow his Guard units from serving the president.

And, I don't really know, but I think using them to act as security for federal land in CONUS is a violation of rules. Not sure.

They are specifically prohibited from uaing the Gaurd as a police force against American citizens. But we all know that's bullchit.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by pira114

And, I don't really know, but I think using them to act as security for federal land in CONUS is a violation of rules. Not sure.

They are specifically prohibited from uaing the Gaurd as a police force against American citizens. But we all know that's bullchit.

It is my understanding that, once they are federalized, posse comitatus laws apply. Only under the state governors's command can they be utilized is a civil disturbance mode.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Mustang22

Ah, no. The Guard can and does have police powers when under the direction of the governor, known as Title 32 status. When under the President, and so in Title 10 status, the Guard is prohibited from police actions.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General John Stark.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Last time some veterans showed up to protest the President called in MacArthur, and Patton, the 12 Infantry regiment, 3rd Calvary regiment, had the Veterans rode down and bayonetted.

Who says he needs the National Guard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonus_Army#Police_shooting
At 4:45 p.m., commanded by Gen. Douglas MacArthur, the 12th Infantry Regiment, Fort Howard, Maryland, and the 3rd Cavalry Regiment, supported by six battle tanks commanded by Maj. George S. Patton, formed in Pennsylvania Avenue while thousands of civil service employees left work to line the street and watch. The Bonus Marchers, believing the troops were marching in their honor, cheered the troops until Patton ordered[citation needed] the cavalry to charge them�an action which prompted the spectators to yell, "Shame! Shame!"
After the cavalry charged, the infantry, with fixed bayonets and tear gas (adamsite, an arsenical vomiting agent) entered the camps, evicting veterans, families, and camp followers. The veterans fled across the Anacostia River to their largest camp and President Hoover ordered the assault stopped. However Gen. MacArthur, feeling the Bonus March was an attempt to overthrow the U.S. government, ignored the President and ordered a new attack. Fifty-five veterans were injured and 135 arrested.[11] A veteran's wife miscarried. When 12-week-old Bernard Myers died in the hospital after being caught in the tear gas attack, a government investigation reported he died of enteritis, while a hospital spokesman said the tear gas "didn't do it any good."[15]

During the military operation, Major Dwight D. Eisenhower, later the 34th President of the United States, served as one of MacArthur's junior aides.[16] Believing it wrong for the Army's highest-ranking officer to lead an action against fellow American war veterans, he strongly advised MacArthur against taking any public role: "I told that dumb son-of-a-bitch not to go down there," he said later. "I told him it was no place for the Chief of Staff."[17] Despite his misgivings, Eisenhower later wrote the Army's official incident report which endorsed MacArthur's conduct.[18]

So, as you can see, there is a historical precedent for the President using the Army against US citizens within the bounds of the Capital.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

471 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 1_deuce, 19rabbit52, 17CalFan, 51 invisible), 2,776 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,314
Posts18,526,349
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.