Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Penguin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
"All I said was Canadian beer sucks!"

[Linked Image]

Yeah, sometimes the truth hurts... and saying it loud can get you hurt even worse. smile

My Mountaineers suck. No, no, no, don't go there. I know Baylor is good. I know all the 'step up in competition' excuses. Bottom line? We ain't getting it done. What the hell did the Bears have? 800+ yards? Gotta be a record of some kind. If Briles wasn't burdened with a sense of mercy it could have been over 1000. Easy.

OTOH my close game pick performance is sucking pretty badly too. Probably a bunch of us wondering if we will ever end up on the right side of a close score. Me and the mounties both need to get our heads on straight. They have a week off to recover. No such luck for me.

Fellow pickers have I got a slate for you! I can honestly state that so far this is the best week of the season. Why? Because every game, save one, has over a TD spread and I am here to tell you right now that this slate is loaded with upset specials. This is exactly the kind of games list that ~could~ allow all of us in the back to make up ground fast.

But first you gotta pick the right upsets. Seeing upsets where none exists will break your season.

Take a look and see what you think.

Good luck,
Will

PS: Canadian beer does suck.

Week #7 Games List:
1) Rutgers at Louisville - thursday
2) Pittsburgh at Virginia Tech
3) Indiana at Michigan St.
4) Oklahoma at Texas
5) Missouri at Georgia
6) Florida at LSU
7) Northwestern at Wisconsin
8) Oregon at Washington
9) Michigan at Penn St.
10) Bowling Green at Mississippi St. + total points tie breaker

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Sheesh, you boys follow up that masterpiece of a gauntlet I threw down last weak, with this week slate? wink

There's only one game worth thinking about, we're going to have about 8 guys with 9+ wins this week.

[Linked Image]

Penguin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Hahaha. I'll bet it looks easier now than it will sunday morning. shocked

I see two and maybe three really good chances of an upset. I love weeks like this. You know there are a couple of upsets but where are they.

Will

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Two possible trap games, but I'll let people ponder which ones...

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Rutters and Hooleyville - this isn't one of the trap games, right?

Prune Center and Vat Ech - again, this can't be a trap.

Desirer of R. Dean Taylor (nobody is going to remember that one!) and Mike (never could stand pronouncing mic as Mike) Igan State. How can anyone doubt a team that conquered the mighty Hawkeyes?

Oh, You! and The Derriere Belonging to Mr. Ritter - the burning question this week: has Mike Davis determined who he is going to cheap shot, or is he just going to wait and look for a target of opportunity?

The Spinster Lady Whose Last Name is Ouri and her good friend Georgnine - again, you would have to be kidding about a trap, right?

The Car Insurance Lady (last name: Rida) and Ellis University. How long can an aquatic reptile last in Death Valley?

North by (insert famous movie title) ern and the Land of Yon Yonson. Steady strength versus speed and deception.

Cleaning 2,000 pounds of dirty clothes Or egon? This could be good.

Mike (Again) and P. Enst Ate You (cannibalism!) Let's see, one of these teams got its crap handed to it on a platter by Where Prince Chuck Parked His Pecker (In Diana - I couldn't risk nobody getting that one.)

Blowing Verde and Mr. Sippi's Wife St. Mastication - intriguing match-up.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

Penguin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Blowing Verde and Mr. Sippi's Wife St. Mastication - intriguing match-up.

I though so too. BGs a pretty good team this season. MSU is struggling just a tad.

Biggest gimme was the Red River shootout. But I had to put that game up. Even in the worst of years I'll have USC/UCLA, Michigan/tOSU, Texas/OK, Alabama/Auburn and so on. you just can't leave these games off.

Wanted to get ASU/USC on the board but didn't want two thursday games. Boise/Utah State was one I probably should have put up I suppose.

In the end though I still like these kinds of weeks. You can go all favorites and probably go 8 wins. But there always seems to be a couple upsets on weeks like this. Finding them is pretty rewarding.

Will

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Penguin

Biggest gimme was the Red River shootout. But I had to put that game up.

Don't ever,..EVER underestimate OU's ability to self destruct.

There's always a 1 in 10 chance they'll lose confidence and get beaten by a Div II class school...

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Foxbat
Two possible trap games, but I'll let people ponder which ones...

Other than week one they've ALL trapped me! mad

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Game tonight...everybody get their picks in..?

Penguin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Picks in... and if Rutgers pulls it out I'll never live it down after saying how much I liked upset special weekends. smile

Will

IC B3

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The Sopranos are not going down quietly.

Vulles O and D lines are packing some weight.

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Maybe I'll get to actually watch some football this weekend.

1) Rutgers at Louisville - Hindsight is 20/20 grin I was on L'Ville though, you can check my picks.

2) Pittsburgh at Virginia Tech- Pitt is off a bye but VT is off of 2 good wins (GT and NC). I'm rarely on the right side of VT games, FYI. Vick Tech at home is probably the sharp pick but let's gamble on the Panthers.

3) Indiana at Michigan St- Hoosiers off a big win over Sandusky State, that high will come crashing down and their offense stalls in East Lansing. This is a scary pick, Sparty better play Defense cause they can't win a shootout with anyone.

4) Oklahoma at Texas- Texas is bad.

5) Missouri at Georgia- Oh boy. Bulldogs are off of an emotional win and the offense is injured. Mizzou looks to be able to move the ball this year. I really want to take Mizzou here... I feel like I'm gambling on GA at home.

6) Florida at LSU- Gotta roll with LSU at home. Mettenberger gets it done.

7) Northwestern at Wisconsin -I like Whisky at home after a bye, N'western off a rough loss to the Buckeyes.

8) Oregon at Washington- Let's see if the Ducks can move the ball against an actual defense in a rowdy stadium. I think they can.

9) Michigan at Penn St.- I'm going with Michigan though they have looked very bad at times this year.

10) Bowling Green at Mississippi St- BG is a pretty good MAC team this year... we'll see how they stack up against the SEC. Lot of gamblers on BG this week, I don't see it. 31-14 Bulldogs.

If I talk myself out of any of these picks I'll repost accordingly.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Will I'm not sure what the overall standings say.

but the way you're carrying on about how poorly you're doing, I was wondering if perhaps a name change wouldn't be appropriate for this annual contest?

somethin like "Beat Penguins azz again like a redheaded stepchild"

thoughts?

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Penguin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I couldn't argue with that right now 2legit, I really couldn't.

But I have hopes to crawl safely into the top 10 this week. Right now I am on a slide out that group and I gotta get myself squared away. There are a couple of picks that I REALLY wish I had back. Usually you can look back on the season and see 4 or 5 that separate you from the upper tier... I've already gotten a few of those this season. Hope to put an end to that! smile

From huntinaz's list I see a couple that have me stumped.

2 & 3: I really want to pick Pitt here. They are starting to turn the ship around but that is a tough way to do it. Indiana.... can they play defense? Can they play offense against a great D? We're gonna find out tomorrow. Against weaker comp they look far better than MSU.

7: I am the biggest Wisconsin homer alive but over a TD spread? Did any of those Vegas guys stay up and watch tOSU against UW AND NW? I did and I gotta tell you I think my badgers are a big underdog. NW looked a hell of a lot better against the Buckeyes than Wisconsin.

Will

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
sun shines on a different dogs azz every day Will!

you're apt to go on a tear here for awhile and shoot up the leader board.

or

you could have inherited Bob's luck (yikes!)

watch out for any falling queers (grin)

Last edited by 2legit2quit; 10/11/13.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
sun shines on a different dogs azz every day Will!

Wait,...are you call all of us Dogs azzes..?

laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
mebbe shocked

but to this old dog turd you boys look like home grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LSU's top receiver has been on crutches and had a boot on his foot all week...

Otto is my co-pilot.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I want to take Mizzou and NW in the worst way.

Go Nats!!!!

Penguin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Man I want to take Mizzou too. But gawd how Georgia has burned me in the past when I pick an upset on them. And the things Mizzou has done to me when I take them to upset someone else can't be mentioned in polite company, last week being the exception.

I honestly think NW is a much safer bet. I'd take them if I weren't a Wisconsin homer. And I still might at that. They looked very good last week.

Will

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 16gage, 10ring1, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 52 invisible), 2,847 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,755
Posts18,514,806
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.