-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
But with the health care industry being short 30,000 doctors, just who is da po folk going to see. The Kenyan is promising access, but never mentioned actually getting it.

If you can read, you can see it coming!

http://www.mtekweaponsystems.com/
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Don't worry guys, my liberal brother has assured me that we just need to give this a chance. In the end we will all be paying less and we will all have better coverage and be better off.

I've got a sister that is to the left of friggen Al Franken that says the same thing. What's most disturbing is that she's been a nurse for 35 years and should know better.

Clueless.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Yep clueless, my brother is fresh off getting his masters degree at a liberal arts school (Evergreen). he is [bleep] brainwashed to the extreme... He was actually normal before he went to college, hunted, fished, gun owner... raised the same way I was by conservative parents. He came back a lefty extremist.

Last I talked to him was a few months ago and he got pissed off because I didn't agree with him on some bullschit global warming propaganda.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Yeah never engage a diehard lib family member because their immediate response is rage.

Not a good thing to do on Holidays. Lol

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Yep, he ruined my daughters 2nd birthday party. A group of us were talking in the living room about Obamacare. He was in the kitchen and was not even a part of the conversation. He came in the living room yelling at everyone about how they were wrong, pointing fingers at people and throwing his arms in the air... he then turned around and stormed out of the room but everyone could still hear him say [bleep] idiots as he slammed the front door on his way out. Everyone got up and left except my parents who I am sure stayed behind to keep me from killing him.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here's another set of real world numbers for me and my wife. We currently pay $731 per month for an HSA qualified plan that has a $2,750 deductible for each of us. The Affordable Care Act will have us paying $1,105 per month for policies that have a $4,000 deductible. That's $374 extra per month for policies that effectively give us less coverage.

We're well past child rearing age but we get maternity care under the new plan. The odds are slim that I'd leave my wife for a woman of child bearing age but, even if I did, I've been to the spay and neuter clinic years ago so being an irresponsible breeder just isn't possible. Heck, even my home county has enough sense to give me a discount on my dog's license because he's been neutered, too. Not so under Obummercare.

After paying the premiums next year, there's little left in the budget to actually get health care for myself. Now, if I could just figure out how to make drastically less money and survive, I'd get a subsidy to pay my insurance, have a lower out of pocket limit and actually be able to get healthcare. I might not have any money to hunt and fish but my new hobby could be going to the doctor.

I'm not happy.

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Originally Posted by heavywalker

Last I talked to him was a few months ago and he got pissed off because I didn't agree with him on some bullschit global warming propaganda.

It's now climate change....they realized they couldn't sell the warming scheme(and they got caught manipulating data)....now they call it climate change.....that way if mean temps go up OR down they can't get it wrong (again).

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I will preface this by saying that I am not a big political guy and have just recently started really paying attention. What I don�t understand is this: POTUS says that the AHA is going to cost A and do B but it turns out that it costs X and does Y. Why can it not be overturned on that fact alone. For instance if I told you that I would sell you a 2013 Ford F150 Lariat Crew cab for $35,000 and you agreed to my terms and we have a deal. The next day you show up to pick up your truck and I hand you the keys to a 2000 Ford Ranger and a bill of sale for $100,000 the deal would be null and void solely on the merits of misinformation.

Why in the hell is this any different?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Great analogy. Agree.

U
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
U
Originally Posted by SoonerWing
I will preface this by saying that I am not a big political guy and have just recently started really paying attention. What I don�t understand is this: POTUS says that the AHA is going to cost A and do B but it turns out that it costs X and does Y. Why can it not be overturned on that fact alone. For instance if I told you that I would sell you a 2013 Ford F150 Lariat Crew cab for $35,000 and you agreed to my terms and we have a deal. The next day you show up to pick up your truck and I hand you the keys to a 2000 Ford Ranger and a bill of sale for $100,000 the deal would be null and void solely on the merits of misinformation.

Why in the hell is this any different?

mostly because they're playing with "house money".

IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

669 members (19rabbit52, 10gaugeman, 163bc, 12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 72 invisible), 2,915 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,429
Posts18,528,479
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.