Hop To
Page 1,204 of 1,842 1 2 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1841 1842
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by TJAY
tzone

That is a wolf rolling on the salt block.

Just a wild guess here but I bet you get no more pics of deer licking that block until you get a good hard rain! smile

Cool pictures!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Rooster7

The deer were back around the salt block that evening. Took a couple of days before they licked the block.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I screwed up and got an H&R Talo-Trapper handi-rifle in .44 mag.

Now I have to choose what I want to use opener morning. Logic and reason tells me the Tikka .308 is a no-brainer. It is very accurate and has a Zeiss on it, but those flying ashtrays coming out of the little .44 mag have me intrigued, and with the Weaver Classic 4x on it, I could hold about and inch-and-a-half at 100, which would be a longish shot where I hunt.

I'll need to shoot the .44 a few more times and make sure it holds zero before I hunt it, so I guess I have some time to decide.

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Buy a doe tag and use both!

See, that was easy! grin

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I need me one of those .

"Papa ! Nana made turtles in the potty !"
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Uuuuurp. UuuuuuuRRRRp!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Flying ashtrays-I like that! I've got a Marlin lever in .44 Mag that just may see some woods time this fall. I've once again been invited to join T-Zone for an invasion of the Duluth area for the 2nd weekend. Considering 6 feet is a long shot up there, the little .44 is well suited to that kind of hunting. 'Can't wait to bleed this little gun, as I haven't done that yet. I'm just debating putting a bayonet on it for the close shots.....

Last edited by gophergunner; 10/14/13.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
snort...a bayonet. grin

I like that gun Goalie. Actually, I like Jeff's too. I had a Ruger 77/44, that I fell in love with the first time I held it. The problem was I couldn't get it to do more than pattern with factory ammo. Groups were unheard of.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'd like to congratulate my little buddies on the Centennial Falcons little league football team. They had their final game tonight in adverse weather conditions, against the best team they faced yet, out of Andover. The Andover football program has a tough group of kids. They really play tough, old school football. But the Falcons brought them a little something the last two games.

We finished 8-0 with pretty much the same group of kids we had last year when we went 1-7.

My little buddy had his best game as well tonight. He had a pile of tackles, 3 sacks, and knocked out a fumble that the Falcons recovered. After a booming hit that made all the parents oooh and aaah, and cringe, Jack ran off the field and announced " I introduced him to some grass!" grin

All the boys played great this season and it was a blast to be a part of it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone
snort...a bayonet. grin

I like that gun Goalie. Actually, I like Jeff's too. I had a Ruger 77/44, that I fell in love with the first time I held it. The problem was I couldn't get it to do more than pattern with factory ammo. Groups were unheard of.

I REALLY wanted a 77/44, but a buddy had the same issue. And he couldn't mess around with COL and re-load anything that wouldn't fit in the damn magazine either.

This thing is super compact, and a 100% hunting gun. It shot my re-loads for my Super Blackhawk revolver great. I wasn't going to screw around with loads (240 grain Hornady XTP, 23.5 grains W296 and a CCI magnum large pistol primer seems to work fine) but, in a moment of weakness, I ordered a few hundred of the 44mag leverlution bullets to try out as well.

I need to try the leverlutiong bullets because I need to make this puppy into a 150-200 yard gun.....since my longest shot out of the last dozen or so deer is probably 85 yards......

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
After a booming hit that made all the parents oooh and aaah, and cringe, Jack ran off the field and announced " I introduced him to some grass!" grin

Sweeeeeet!!!!!

Tell him congratulations.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tom-I talked to you about this before. THAT'S the way the game was meant to be played. I got the opportunity to see Tom's boy in action this season. The boy's just got a nose for the ball. Gotta love the toughness and attitude. This kid's gonna but the hurt on some kids and make them think about playing badminton instead of football!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
He was full of funny last night. We were playing in the yard before we left for the game and he was playing QB and told me this; "dad I know you can run very well but you're going to really have to hustle on this play, there is a lot of moves."

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Congrats to the boys Tom! 8 - 0 wow! What a season!

Hey when you were up at the beaver pond, did you see anything on your cameras that make your socks go up and down?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TJAY
Here is the Loper doe from Wyoming. As you can see this was two days before the snow.

[Linked Image]

Mmmm, bet that guy will "eat" !

Congrats,

Paul.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Congrats to the boys Tom! 8 - 0 wow! What a season!

Hey when you were up at the beaver pond, did you see anything on your cameras that make your socks go up and down?

I haven't checked them yet, but the whole damn place makes my socks go up and down. I will check cameras this weekend, finish building the blind and get the hell out of there til I hunt it.

It's the type of place I think that needs a little pressure around it to get hot. It's NASTY to get into. Easy mile walk. It isn't that far from highway 44, probably about a mile. I really think this will be a hot spot mid-week, into the second weekend when there is hunting pressure around.

It's a funnel in the true sense of the word. There are several of them there actually. The small ridge coming down to the beaver pond, the beaver pond itself, and the transition beteen the clear cut and the swamp, funnels them to the beaver dam. If I don't screw it up, it's a good spot.

I'll not be a bit surprised if I have bears on the cam either. Im not a bear hunter, but that place scream bear country.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
nice loper Tjay!

way to go Jack! keep up the hussle and putting points on the board!

I learned a valuable lesson on sunday, when in a hurry to get into the stand, don't leave arrows on the kitchen table. I had a nice evening of deer watching anyway smile saw 24 does and 2 small bucks. had 11 mulie does/fawns right under me for a good 5 minutes.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by goalie
After a booming hit that made all the parents oooh and aaah, and cringe, Jack ran off the field and announced " I introduced him to some grass!" grin

Sweeeeeet!!!!!

Tell him congratulations.

Yah, I love it, too !

laugh

Paul.

Paul.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I had my best bow stand to date figured out about 6 years ago. It was a beautiful funnel on a powerline right of way.

I got to the tree, shimmied up, pulled my bow up, and reached into my pack for the release. "crap, where's my release, I put it right in the...."

Back down the tree, spooking several deer on the way back to the truck and went for coffee.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
nice loper Tjay!

way to go Jack! keep up the hussle and putting points on the board!

I learned a valuable lesson on sunday, when in a hurry to get into the stand, don't leave arrows on the kitchen table. I had a nice evening of deer watching anyway smile saw 24 does and 2 small bucks. had 11 mulie does/fawns right under me for a good 5 minutes.

BTDT,

3 weekends ago, to sight in / check rifles, in a local pit, arrived without the magazine for my Savage 99 & then opened up my wife's 7mm-08 case................ Trigger lock still on & keys in my undies draw, back home !

Went again yesterday & left the brick of ammo, for 1 rifle, in my hunting tub/tote from my moose hunt !

crazy

Did get to attend to the 7mm-08 this time though.

Paul.

Paul.

Page 1,204 of 1,842 1 2 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

158 members (257 roberts, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 2500HD, 338reddog, 16 invisible), 1,595 guests, and 948 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,334
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.