Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Penguin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Man I am running so far behind today! I apologize in advance for skimping on the photoshop today but I have been trying to catch up this evening and having no luck. smile

We have a pretty fair group of games this week. Sgt217, last weeks winner, gave me a group of very tough ones and you can blame him for the homework (you'll know what that means shortly). All in all we have transitioned into conference play pretty well and he's trying to trip us up! Fact is he has me tripped up already and I haven't even got started yet. smile

Look 'em over and see what you think. Every week counts and this one could be crucial.

Week #8 Games List:

1) TCU at Oklahoma St.
2) South Carolina at Tennessee
3) Florida at Missouri
4) Auburn at Texas A&M
5) BYU at Houston
6) UCLA at Stanford
7) Washington at Arizona St.
8) USC at Notre Dame
9) Florida St. at Clemson + total points tie breaker
10) Southern Utah at Eastern Washington

PS: collegefootballstats and ESPN CFB are your friends this week.

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
GB1

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
SOAB! Well there's the lineup you keep asking for Fox.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Allright,...guess it's time to take the gloves off...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Let the whining begin! grin

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Penguin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Gonna be some noggin scratching going on 'tween now and saturday. smile

Swear to god I didn't even know Southern Utah or Eastern Wahington has teams! Sarge is trying to trick us. You can bet he knows something you ain't gonna read on espn. I'm gonna get that one if I miss all the rest, lol.

Will

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Did I just hear the cock crow three times? Which set of Oregon cast-off costumes will the Heiferlads be wearing?

Who will step forward to confront the Heisman winner?

Underachieving Reptiles and overachieving Felines who have lost their top cat. Could be interesting.

Hey, I finally realized that I can not only root for the Flatlanders, but I can also be grateful to them. Grazing Grass and Finiahed Seam provides excitement.

Look for the Sexually Predatory Women A Bit Past Their Prime to win this one. I guarantee it!

Is this the year for You See Ell, Aye? to actually fulfill expectations? Is this the year for Mr. Laurel's Model T to falter?

Fat Boy Jeans and Satan's Spawn - could be a good game.

Is the exocizing of Kiffin enough for the Condoms to turn it around? Can the Redundants spoil the turn-around?

Are the Semen Posts for real? Are the Male Offspring of Clem for real?

The feathers are going to fly in this one! Ford versus AMC.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've watched too little football this year to have any good opinions. This week's guesses:

1)TCU at Oklahoma St.- Hmmm. Normally I'd go with the Cowboys at home but I can't get over that loss to the Mountaineers. Sorry Penguin. Plus I dig what Coach Patterson has done at TCU.

2) South Carolina at Tennessee- I have no real opinion on this game, I don't know what's going on with Clowney. Tennessee off a bye... SC has to be a safer bet.

3) Florida at Missouri- I should have taken Mizzou last week. Supposedly the backup QB for the Tigers was a serious badass in high school, but I'm gonna ride with the Gator defense and hopefully Mizzou is stagnant in a letdown spot.

4) Auburn at Texas A&M- Gotta ride with Johnny Football at home, but they may be slow coming off that close one with Ole Miss.

5) BYU at Houston- I like the Mormons here. Houston can usually play ball though so watch out.

6) UCLA at Stanford- The Tree have to be down after last week, but I gotta take them. Hope they're the first to ruin the Bruins' perfect season.

7) Washington at Arizona St.- Suck it AS"u".

8) USC at Notre Dame- If Lane Kiffin was still at the helm I'd feel better about this. Still going with the IRISH. I'm not convinced the Trojan offense will do much in South Bend.

9) Florida St. at Clemson- Oh Boy. I'm crazy not taking the Tigers in Death Valley right? FSU QB looks like a maniac. 63 on MD??? FSU off the bye, I guess. 42-34 'Noles.

10) Southern Utah at Eastern Washington- two pretty solid FBS teams huh? I reckon I'll take EW although it's not like they've done anything impressive wink

Last edited by huntinaz; 10/15/13.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
2 Thumbs up on this weeks game selection...

Tough, tough picks...

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by byc
SOAB! Well there's the lineup you keep asking for Fox.

It's a good lineup for sure.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Ya'll are all dead. I'm going 10-0!

IC B3

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Well then, it's coming down to tie-breaker points.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Bob, You will go 7-3.

Byc told me so.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe,..if he gets his picks in on time...

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
That's my Mulligan,444.

Dee...it's all I've done every GD week...7-3.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
These are tough. Do I check my homer heart at the door and go for the Penguin win or just play through!? ACK!

TN is back and who the heck knows, which Clemson, (yes they sure do play football there) shows up? Guessing JM's struggling with the other 8 and could use some 1-800 help. :-).

I can see a lot of 5-5's this week with those 1 or 2 lucky one's stepping out as Fox put it.

Carry on gents!

Go Nats!!!!

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Clemson athletic department announced this week that it wants to break the Guinness World Record for loudest crowd roar at a sports stadium on the first defensive snap of the game. The current record -- 137.5 decibels -- was set just last week at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City during a Chiefs game.

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm striving for 0-10, that level of incompetence takes talent. grin

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Penguin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Lol, yeah it does shreck. My wife has been humbling me lately. I need to consult with her before kickoff. smile

It's a great day for football out here in the midwest. Calm with a bit of a nip in the air. I'm thinking a good dose of dry rub chicken wings might be just the thing to placate the CFB gods today.

Will

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Trojans-Domers- ugh
Mizzou-Gators - ugh
Huskies-Devils - ugh

I can't even find Southern Utah- ugh

Go Nats!!!!

Penguin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Hahaha, yep sgt217 pulled a slick one on us this week. I still haven't decided if this is a diversion or an ambush. smile

Those are some tough ones David. I had a real hard time coming off of the home teams this week. In the end I have 3 teams that are traveling and one of them is a slight underdog. I should have learned my lesson about road dogs long ago but I couldn't resist.

Will

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (204guy, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 1badf350, 50 invisible), 2,380 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,765
Posts18,515,337
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.