Print Thread
Hop To
T
TXRam Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
If anyone has any leads on one or has a nice used one for sale, please pm me.

Been in and out of archery myself for several years, so not real familiar with the many options out there now.

Thanks!!!

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mission Craze, Diamond Infinite Edge, Bear Outbreak. The Craze package run you about $500. The Infinite Edge package $350. The Bear about $400.

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My 11 year old shoots the mission craze as well as most adults shoot. His string bean lanky slender lack of body mass makes his draw weight low. But his accuracy is great.

This bow is simple to change draw length to anything you want out to 30" if I recall correctly. The draw weight is like 20-70 too. He will likely use this well into his teens.

Archery talk classifieds is your best search

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
My daughter loves her Mission Craze. I got her the bow only,($299) then put everything else on myself. Got a little better sight and came in lower than the package. The Diamond Infinite Edge is a great set up also. It goes from 5-70 lbs and 13-30" draw.

"Not everything you read on the internet is true." Abraham Lincoln.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Is this bow for hunting, or target shooting?

The Genesis bow is tough to beat for beginner target. There is no let off, hence no draw "limit", well it draws up to 30". Poundage is adjustable up to near 30 pounds I believe.

Like you, I was in and out of archery. Now my wife wants to try, as do the children. My children are 8 and 10 and all four of us shoot the same Genesis bow, just different length arrows.

"Honey, when I die, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them."
IC B2

T
TXRam Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Sorry for not posting more detail originally guys - looking for a more hunting style bow. Sounds like the mission craze is well thought of - not sure why I didn't think of Mathews since that's what I shoot myself.

Looked at some others at Bass Pro and they were as heavy as my bows, so that was a concern to me.

T
TXRam Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by JJHACK
Archery talk classifieds is your best search

Excellent point - thanks!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Infinite Edge is a lightweight. So is the Craze with the Craze maybe a touch heavier. Im not a huge fan of the factory string/cables on either bow. The strings on the Craze stretch like nobody's business. I have replaced them with custom strings(NOT THE ZEBRA OR BARACUDA JUNK) and have had no issues since. The strings on the edge tend to need a rubber tube on the peep to keep it aligned properly. The Craze and the Edge tune equally well and I have had no issues getting QAD rests to function properly on either bow. Even at short draw lengths and low draw weights. Either bow is extremely adjustable and will serve your son well

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I got my daughter a Hoyt Ruckus. Very adjustable and she really enjoys shooting it. I am sure it is not the cheapest, but she can grow with it for a long time.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (1234, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 1936M71, 58 invisible), 2,543 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,932
Posts18,498,700
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.