Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
I've been eating clean, getting rid of most of the processed foods and I've done 2 rounds of "Insanity" started a new workout program called T25 this week and I'm really liking it so far.

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči

C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Just wanted to say that I hit 205 this morning. That's 80 pounds since March!!! And I feel awesome!!!

Mauser Rescue Society

jdi do píči
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by CowboyTim
Just wanted to say that I hit 205 this morning. That's 80 pounds since March!!! And I feel awesome!!!

Outstanding! That is a testament to sustained effort, sir.

I've begun some changes myself for general health purposes, and hope to have something to report in about 45 days.

FC

Last edited by Folically_Challenged; 09/28/13.

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
At a height of 5'10", I was hitting 220 on the scale. My oldest daughters wedding was coming up and Wifey says we need to look good for our last wedding ( the other 3 are married ). So, during the course of time from 6/4/13 - 8/13/13, I dropped 40 unneeded lbs. I can now walk through a crowd without bowling people over, and I'm much more flexible and have less joint pain than I used to. I believe this is due to much less sugar in my diet.

My youngest daughter who works out at one of the local Crossfit gyms is trying a Paleo diet and has leaned out even more. One of the guys in her class who is about the same age as me.....I'm 57.....has been doing the Paleo diet and his rheumatoid arthritis is in remission.

So, we can regain our health and do the things that we did in our 30's, as long as we have a plan. I just bought myself a wool Wyoming vest size medium for the upcoming cooler weather. Good times await.. grin

C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Broke 200 pounds this morning!!!! Scale reads 199, that's the first time I've been under 200 pounds in YEARS!!!! Man I feel great!!!

Mauser Rescue Society

jdi do píči
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Congrats CowboyTim! I know you feel a million times better! I started Weight Watchers online for men and have dropped 17 pounds so far!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by chrissum
Congrats CowboyTim! I know you feel a million times better! I started Weight Watchers online for men and have dropped 17 pounds so far!

I cut out the grains on August 14th and am now down 23 lbs. Feels great!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Great job guys, keep us posted on how you're doing.

Mauser Rescue Society

jdi do píči
C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Getting late in the year so I figured one more round of updates to this thread would be fitting, this time with pics!!!! This is what I looked like in March: [Linked Image] yup that's me holding my youngest nephew...That was before I started eating smart and clean, before I did 2 rounds of "Insanity" and "T25" Alpha cycle before settling on DDP Yoga in mid August as my workout of choice. and of course before this pic... [Linked Image] . I've gone from 285 to 198, and I feel fantastic. I'm doing a workout program that I enjoy(DDP Yoga) and I'm still getting stronger, more flexible and improving my balance. It takes quite a bit to get me winded these days and I'm signed up to do "Tough Mudder" next summer. All in all, a pretty good start this year to a healthier life.

Mauser Rescue Society

jdi do píči
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Hoyt
Never thought I'd see the day I went on a diet..but, it's here. 65 5-10" always been around 160 to tops 175lbs. Weighed at the Dr. this wk when I got my 7th. stent put in heart and am 194 lbs. 90% in my stomach. I look sickening walking around with a big gut like this.

Don't drink or smoke anymore nor eat too much, but feel bloated all the time. My cholesterol was also way up. Began starving myself yesterday.

I weigh 160 again. Lost it going up and down about 4 high ridges to get about 1-1/2 miles back in where I hunt. Up and down the trees and carrying full backpack + stands also.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
CowboyTim - what worked for you? great job!

Dave

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
It's pretty simple, I started making good nutrition choices and working out. The nutrition is the key. We all have choices every day, what we eat, how large of a portion what kind of food. I try to go with the better alternatives. i have unsweetened tea or black coffee instead of soda. The bottom line is most of us KNOW what the better choices are, we just don't make them. As far as nutrition guidelines and a workout program, I'm really liking DDP Yoga. I do the workouts 5-7 times a week and I follow the "phase 1" nutrition plan as a general guide. If you really want to see what a person can do with the right attitude and a good program, google "Arthur Boorman". The man is absolutely amazing.

Mauser Rescue Society

jdi do píči
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
48lb for me so far, maybe five more to go.,

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Think of weight loss as a money saving process.
Skip all of the costly programs, exercise CDs etc.
The only exercise needed is to mightly push yourself away from the table.
Stop eating.
Real simple if it does not go in your mouth it does not end up on your belly.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Great work

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I need to drop about 25 lbs and am starting my diet/excercise regimen this weekend. My goal is to hit 185 by March and I think it's doable. My biggest issue is I don't drink enough water, that's also going to change this weekend. Actually looking forward to getting back into working out.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

140 members (1_deuce, 673, 2500HD, 5sdad, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 10gaugemag, 21 invisible), 1,832 guests, and 952 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,976
Posts18,499,496
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.