OP Offline
Campfire Member
This one I whole-heartedly agree with.

Church Protest

Last edited by tweeter; 10/21/13.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The infinitely superior brains and bleeding hearts at HUD are now b�tching that facilities for deaf people "discriminate" against people who can hear.

Of course they do! And cemeteries continue to discriminate against people who ain't dead yet.

I can't wait for the coming of a far-left movement of people getting themselves buried, with all the traditional trimmin's, while they can still get their kicks from listening to the nice things that people say about 'em in their funeral eulogies.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Why protest the church?
They have taken every measure to prevent any children's contact with this predator that they can. He is no longer in any position with the church, according to the comments.
If another member of the church allows their child to ride with this man after knowing what he is accused of, how is the church responsible?

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

tweeter Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I don't think the church is responsible at all. But, I couldn't think of a better way to get the word out. Everybody, who read the paper this morning now knows about this scum. I feel for the pastor, tough spot he is in.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In his first letter to the Christians in Corinth, Paul told �em to �deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.�

In his second letter � assuming or learning of repentance and Heavenly forgiveness � he told �em �Sufficient to such a man is this punishment, which was inflicted of many. So that contrariwise ye ought rather to forgive him, and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one should be swallowed up with overmuch sorrow. Wherefore I beseech you that ye would confirm your love toward him.�

"Good enough" isn't.

IC B2

tweeter Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I can forgive most anything, murder included. Pedophiles, no. God may, but that is why he is God, and I'm just a lowly sinner. As a side note, this was the talk of the town today. I never heard anyone say that the church didn't do everything in their power to inform, or rectify this situation. I do believe, there should be no statute of limitations on crimes that hurt babies, and children.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Once again, here's the need to point-out that forgiving a sinner is NOT condoning his sin.

God forgives repentant pedophiles � He will always and forever detest and abominate pedophilia.

Such a wonderful difference!

"Good enough" isn't.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

58 members (35, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 38HBWC, 9 invisible), 2,175 guests, and 857 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,779
Posts18,536,022
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.