Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
okok Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I have a friend wink who goes to Orygun a lot and carries his piece in the center console loaded... wink Orygun does not honor washingtons CCW laws....what kind of trouble would my friend be in if the po po happened to find the gun on a traffic stop search?? It's absolute BULLCHIT that we even have to worry about this! mad Info would be appreciated.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by okok
It's absolute BULLCHIT that we even have to worry about this!
On that, I couldn't possibly agree more...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Who gives a [bleep] what the law is?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Gun needs to be 'in plain sight' to get into trouble, or some other PC needs to be established to search the vehicle.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I keep it in plain sight when traveling Oregon.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
You may have a point there...plain sight may be considered unconcealed....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The book, Traveler's Guide to Firearm Laws of the Fifty States - 2013 Edition
Catalog Number: PB 01566, $13.95 in the NRA Store.com

Book description: "Don't leave home without the Traveler's Guide to the Firearm Laws of the Fifty States. This vital guide gives state by state regulatory information on handgun, rifle, shotgun, assault weapon and machine gun ownership as well as applicable open and concealed carry and vehicle transportation. Also featured is the contact information for state regulatory agencies and a section outlining interstate reciprocity. If you are planning to travel with your firearms either in your home state or interstate, you need this guide. softcover"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The problem with that is there are many LEOs that do not know the laws, or else do not care if you are carrying legal.

I would not doubt that there are many who know the laws about carrying but will confiscate your gun, anyway, and charge you with a crime.

A question I have always wondered about, and cannot find the answer to is this: If you have a concealed carry permit, you can legally carry concealed (in some places).

What if you don't want to carry it concealed, do you have to have a concealed carry permit to carry it out in the open?

The laws vary from state to state, but I am asking about Georgia.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I have a friend wink who goes to Orygun a lot and carries his piece in the center console loaded... wink Orygun does not honor washingtons CCW laws....what kind of trouble would my friend be in if the po po happened to find the gun on a traffic stop search?? It's absolute BULLCHIT that we even have to worry about this! mad Info would be appreciated.

Just spoke to Oregon State Trooper on my recent hunt down there regarding this issue.

He said as long as you are hunting you can have the weapon concealed and loaded or on your person and loaded no problem as they treat it the same as they would a rifle which can be loaded in the vehicle in Oregon.

If not in the act of hunting the pistol can still be loaded but it is best to keep it in plain site like on the dash or on the passengers seat. Basically keep it in the open and your buddy doesn't have anything to worry about, conceal it and your buddy may be in trouble if they find it.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by 1234567
The problem with that is there are many LEOs that do not know the laws, or else do not care if you are carrying legal.

I would not doubt that there are many who know the laws about carrying but will confiscate your gun, anyway, and charge you with a crime.

A question I have always wondered about, and cannot find the answer to is this: If you have a concealed carry permit, you can legally carry concealed (in some places).

What if you don't want to carry it concealed, do you have to have a concealed carry permit to carry it out in the open?

The laws vary from state to state, but I am asking about Georgia.

You will have to find out specifically for your state. Here in Alabama we passed a clarification of our already open carry laws. Anyone can openly carry a gun without a concealed permit "however" when you enter your vehicle, it is considered concealed, no matter how open or easy to see. Basically, you have no way to go from point A to B without the concealed permit. Mine for Winston County cost be a whopping $15 and is good for 5 years.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Google Oregon law. It is legal to open carry in a car by Oregon state laws, but some area's it is not, Multnomah county, The Dalles, Bend, and more. Know the law not what someone on a forum says

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oregon: Out and easily seen (not tucked between seats or over a visor etc). If concealed, then it should be essentially unavailable to the driver and passengers (i.e. like in the trunk).

1Minute
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I guess I don't need to go to Oregon.

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dont have a clue about Oregon, but in La. you better not have it concealed in the vehicle, unless the laws have changed.

I asked a state trooper about 30 years ago about carrying a gun in my car.

His response was that it couldnt be concealed, ie in the glove box or console, under the seat, etc.

Put it on the dash or passenger seat was ok. If while on the passenger seat it accidentally got covered with a book, papers, or a coat, that was ok, because it wasnt concealed.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
okok Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

I don't....just want to know what the worst outcome would be.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Travis

I don't....just want to know what the worst outcome would be.

W/O CCW a loaded and concealed handgun in the car, in Nebraska is a felony. Loaded visible is ok.

Swifty
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Lucky for me G.W. Bush signed 18USC926 (C) into law back in 2004.
Problem solved.

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys"........P.J. O'Rourke
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Other than the fact I have not had my car searched and will not give permission, who knows what is in the console? It goes against common sense to have a weapon displayed instead of out of sight. I keep the registration and insurance papers in the visor elastic band, so there is no need to open anything to get them. Colorado, except for Denver, last time I looked at laws allows open carry. Long guns are not lawfully loaded in the chamber while in a car. The only other state I have visited in recent times is Wyoming which I think is no problem. It is reasonable to ask and be forwarned about laws, even if we do not agree with them . California and New York come to mind as places I never want to travel through or to.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do it all the time.

"Shall not infringe"

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Travis

^^

I believe the lyrics are, 'trying to catch me riding dirty'

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

120 members (69sportfury, 17CalFan, AKislander, Akhutr, 450yukon, 375sunrise, 12 invisible), 1,559 guests, and 1,037 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,526
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.