Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Penguin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Rowdy gets an eyeful.

[Linked Image]

Magic sunglasses. That's the theme for this week's pick'em. For those of you unfamiliar with the photo that is Rowdy Roddy Piper in the movie 'They Live'. This is cult classic 80s sci-fi at its finest. The gist of the movie was that there are aliens that secretly control earth's governments. Humans are being raised like cattle to feed these alien zombie creatures. To the human eye they look just like the rest of us.

Enter the magic sunglasses.

Our hero Roddy comes across these sunglasses beside a dumpster in an alley. The top secret resistance movement has figured out a way to make sunglasses that allow us to see the world as it really is, zombie aliens and all. After coming to grips with the fact that aliens are running the world Roddy goes on a killing spree that spells doom for the zombies.

Great stuff and I recommend the movie highly, if for no other reason than to hear "I came here to chew bubble gum and kick ass!" said out loud and without apology. smile

What's that got to do with this week's pick'em. Well there are weeks when the stars align. The football gods strip away pretense and allow us to see how things really stand. If you ask me this past week was one of them. The last two have been actually.

When you start seeing top 25 teams flounder and fall to teams previously proven to be mediocre? Previously top 25 teams get dragged across the field by conference afterthoughts? [I'm looking at you Northwestern] Newcomers go out and take control of divisions thought to be solid and unassailable? See as lopsided a top 5 matchup as we've seen in years?

Well you have found the equivalent of college football's magic sunglasses. Now you face the decision that Roddy faced: Do I throw these things away and forget what I saw or do I face reality and take action.

Good luck with whatever decision you make because AR15 and I have put together a tough, TOUGH slate of games this week. It might take more than magic sunglasses to see your way through.

Will

Week # 9 Games List:

1) Boise St. at BYU - friday
2) Northwestern at Iowa
3) Pittsburgh at Navy
4) Texas Tech at Oklahoma
5) Utah at USC
6) South Carolina at Missouri
7) UCLA at Oregon
8) Texas at TCU
9) Penn St. at Ohio St.
10) Stanford at Oregon St. + total points tie breaker

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
GB1

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
OMG I actually saw several of his movies. Figured I was the only one.

Even watched him in the ring once or twice in his kilt.

TFF!

I see we went heavy on Utah and Texas. Thanks AR! cry

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Penguin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Haha yeah he made some beauts and that's a fact.

One of these days I'll figure out how to work in a Hell Comes to Frogtown theme. smile

Will

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This week I'm gonna chew bubble gum, and kick ass.....and I'm all out of bubble gum.!

Classic..!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks scary

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Does Oregon send its cast-off costumes to Idaho? Why did the Youthful Pork Shoulders from the Navy Jail change their blue a few years back? Intriguing match-up.

Wild-ass Cats and Porcine Fellows (Hog-Guys): second intriguing match-up.

Pithers of Pant and the Guys in the Center of the Boat: another intriguing match-up.

Send Us a Message From Your Phone Tech and Oh, You (Wascally Wabbit?)! Intriguing match-up #4.

You Taught You Taw a Puddy Tat and Second Person Pronoun, Harry's Middle Name, Large Body of Salt Water: We have intriguing match-up #5.

See Latter Half of Above and Larry and Curly's Side-Kick. Will the Show-Mes quail at being shown the Heisman? Intriguing match-up #6.

You See Ellie? (She's back to being a joke without a set-up or a punch line.) and the Costume Closet from a Las Vegas stage show: non-intriguing match-up #1.

Again, Send Us a Message on Your Phone and Did I Just Hear the Cock Crow Three Time? Horns seeming to find some life, Frogs searching for an offense.

Leave a Yellow Snakey Letter in the Snow, You and THE osu: non-intriguing match-up #2.

Mr. Laurel's Automobile and Aquatic Rodents: non-intriguing match-up #3.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Week # 9 Games List:

1) Boise St. at BYU
2) Northwestern at Iowa
3) Pittsburgh at Navy
4) Texas Tech at Oklahoma
5) Utah at USC
6) South Carolina at Missouri
7) UCLA at Oregon
8) Texas at TCU
9) Penn St. at Ohio St.
10) Stanford at Oregon St.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My giveadamn's busted this week, taking my wife on her first deer hunt tomorrow and I can't wait. Will miss yet another week of football but I'd rather be hunting.

1) Boise St. at BYU- Guess I'll go with the home team tonight although this is a tossup. Going against Boise in Conference play is generally a losing bet although BYU is just recently a conference game. I hate betting against coach Petersen. Taking a scrappy BYU team and crossing fingers. Lot of bets like that this week.

2) Northwestern at Iowa- Gotta take Iowa at home. N'Western looked like crap last 2 weeks.

3) Pittsburgh at Navy- Meh, Pitt. I don't know what to expect here.

4) Texas Tech at Oklahoma- Another one I don't know what to expect, a close game or a blowout either way wouldn't really surprise me. Home team.

5) Utah at USC- I like a live dog and I hate USC. Go Utes!

6) South Carolina at Missouri- Is Shaw playing? I'm taking Mizzou anyway. Sorry Mizzou fans, this will likely be the spark it takes to hand them their first loss.

7) UCLA at Oregon- Gotta take the Ducks until someone stops their offense. Stanford did last year and UCLA should put up a few points on that Oregon defense...

8) Texas at TCU- I'm not taking TCU again until they can move the ball. Tesas D may just be the ticket though.

9) Penn St. at Ohio St.- Buckeyes in Big Ten play. Every time.

10) Stanford at Oregon St.- I like the Beavers' odds in this one, Corvallis is a tough place to play. 31-24 somebody. Riding with the Tree though.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
OMG! Don't want to jinx it but for once I may have actually made the right pick for a Utah based team.

Go Nats!!!!

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hey shreck. Noles are on upset alert by your Pack. :-) Likely not though.

Some tough picks this week. Too many Texas decisions! ACK!

Go Nats!!!!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I missed last week while I was out missing a [bleep] ton of birds.

I got ground to make up!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Penguin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Good luck to everyone this week. Looks like we have some good splits on the picks today. Should make things pretty interesting.

Will

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I was hoping the Pitt-Navy game would be aired here.

Tired of watching Johnny boy.

Furman vs LSU??? Really?!

Go Nats!!!!

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
The Texas-TCU game will be the key today.

[Linked Image]

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That was the toughest pick on the board.

Aggies have about 100 TO's. They're gonna' mess around and keep Vandy in the game.

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm hearing that Foxbat is pretty good at this pick'em stuff?

Good luck to all. Well except you David (grin) I know you're going for your Cocks against my Tigers

maybe I should put Game in front of Cocks, that doesn't sound quite right.

Do SC fans say they're all for the Cocks?

hope to live to see SC play Oregon St. someday

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
HA! 10 of us took SC with 26 taking Mizzou Randy.

PM sent!

David

Go Gamecocks!!

Go Nats!!!!

Penguin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Gophers just beat the huskers. Really impressed with their improvement. They are slowly putting the lieces together up there.

Will

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
It's official, I hate Vern Lindquist. I think he probably has on a pair of crimson panties in the booth.

This also official, Alabama is good.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
21-21 Navy - Pitt. Best hope Pitt gets the ball last.

Thinking ClemPson could be in trouble today.

Go Nats!!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (222Sako, 06hunter59, 163bc, 204guy, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 68 invisible), 2,522 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,788
Posts18,515,889
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.