Campfire Outfitter
I hate this flucking administration!

Unisex hat

Obama wants Marines to wear �girly� hats

By Jeane MacIntosh

October 23, 2013 | 10:30pm
Modal Trigger
The old hats (left) compared to the new ones (right).

A change to the Marine Corps� uniform hats could take the hard-nosed Leathernecks from the Halls of Montezuma to the shops of Christopher Street.

Thanks to a plan by President Obama to create a �unisex� look for the Corps, officials are on the verge of swapping out the Marines� iconic caps with a new hat that some have derided as so �girly� that they would make the French blush.

�We don�t even have enough funding to buy bullets, and the DoD is pushing to spend $8 million on covers that look like women�s hats!� one senior Marine source fumed to The Post. �The Marines deserve better. It makes them look ridiculous.�

The thin new hats have a feminine line that some officials think would make them look just as good on female marines as on males � in keeping with the Obama directive.
Modal Trigger

One of the new hats worn by a female Marine.

They have been dubbed the �Dan Daly� hat, after a sergeant from Long Island who won the Medal of Honor in World War I.

But some Marines love the old hat, which has been in use since 1922 and think the new hat is a glorified �porter�s cap.�

�The Dan Daly cap looks too French, and the last people we want to associate our Marines with would be the French military,� wrote one commenter on the Marine Times Web site.

As of now, the new hats are only in the proposal stage.

Officials have until Friday to cast their votes on whether to adopt them or keep the old hat with modifications. Marine Corps head Gen. James Amos will make the final decision.

According to a memo obtained by The Post, replacing the hats could cost over $8 million.

A poll of a Marine uniform advisory board found that �The group members did not like the appearance of the Dan Daly cap on the male Marine.�

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Transformational change comes in all forms. Elections matter.
Those 4 million who stayed home in protest to Romney should be proud of themselves.
Our dictator particularly dislikes the military.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

The queers will love them . . . I really don't give a hoot since I have long flushed the Corps from my memory.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Alright, I finally found a picture. They are talking about the dress blues cover, the iconic white, ring top cover.

This isn't everyday BDU cover, not the green envelope, just the white "hat".

Which most Marines get to wear maybe once a year at best (USMC ball)

Yawn....

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Full Dress Blues?? I don't now USMC protocols, but that is the only uniform the Army has where the actual decorations(medals to the unanointed) are worn rather than the ribbons. For that once a year occasion stay with the traditional. AND the camel's nose will be farther under the tent if this change is put in place.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dude on the far right looks like a chick, Keep the bus driver cap, get rid of that porter bullschit! How the fug can they justify this new hat when they can't even pay for beans and bullets...AYFKM

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by sactoller
I hate this flucking administration!

Unisex hat

By Jeane MacIntosh

October 23, 2013 | 10:30pm
Modal Trigger
The old hats (left) compared to the new ones (right).

A change to the Marine Corps� uniform hats could take the hard-nosed Leathernecks from the Halls of Montezuma to the shops of Christopher Street.

Thanks to a plan by President Obama to create a �unisex� look for the Corps, officials are on the verge of swapping out the Marines� iconic caps with a new hat that some have derided as so �girly� that they would make the French blush.

�We don�t even have enough funding to buy bullets, and the DoD is pushing to spend $8 million on covers that look like women�s hats!� one senior Marine source fumed to The Post. �The Marines deserve better. It makes them look ridiculous.�

The thin new hats have a feminine line that some officials think would make them look just as good on female marines as on males � in keeping with the Obama directive.
Modal Trigger

One of the new hats worn by a female Marine.

They have been dubbed the �Dan Daly� hat, after a sergeant from Long Island who won the Medal of Honor in World War I.

But some Marines love the old hat, which has been in use since 1922 and think the new hat is a glorified �porter�s cap.�

�The Dan Daly cap looks too French, and the last people we want to associate our Marines with would be the French military,� wrote one commenter on the Marine Times Web site.

As of now, the new hats are only in the proposal stage.

Officials have until Friday to cast their votes on whether to adopt them or keep the old hat with modifications. Marine Corps head Gen. James Amos will make the final decision.

According to a memo obtained by The Post, replacing the hats could cost over $8 million.

A poll of a Marine uniform advisory board found that �The group members did not like the appearance of the Dan Daly cap on the male Marine.�

I think the change is crap but what do I know.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm with ND ^^

Change is inevitable

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Looks like it is for the Browns too Dave

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Transformational change comes in all forms. Elections matter.
Those 4 million who stayed home in protest to Romney should be proud of themselves.
Our dictator particularly dislikes the military.

See what happens when you tell four million of us you don't need our vote to stay home!

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
[Linked Image]

The queers will love them . . . I really don't give a hoot since I have long flushed the Corps from my memory.

The male model on the right has more make up on the than the women.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Alright, I finally found a picture. They are talking about the dress blues cover, the iconic white, ring top cover.

This isn't everyday BDU cover, not the green envelope, just the white "hat".

Which most Marines get to wear maybe once a year at best (USMC ball)

Yawn....

It starts with the dress cover and works it's way down to the fatigue cover.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
thats what we always referred to as the "bus driver" hat in the the AF. wore it maybe twice after basic. still have it 30 years later. still hate it. c*nt cap was everyone's hat of choice unless told otherwise.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I don't like the new cover, but I have a hard time pushing this one off onto the President of the United States.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rememebr when shinseki made all of the army switch to the Rangers black beret. that sucked ass, and they are back to the Patrol Cap again. How much was wasted there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
uni-sex hat? I thought that was the Beret. grin Sorry I couldn't help myself. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I always called the beret a [bleep] hat anyway.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I wish someone would cover his head with a 5 gallon bucket of schit while hanging a jump boot in his ass.

He's such a [bleep] retard and knows nothing about tradition or what these things mean.

[bleep] pot head commie

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
I don't like the new cover, but I have a hard time pushing this one off onto the President of the United States.

Travis

For Hell's sake, will you read the damn article? Second paragraph down clearly states it is Obama's idea: "Thanks to a plan by President Obama to create a �unisex� look for the Corps..."

This is not about the appearance of the Marine uniform, it is about the Dictator-in-Chief egotistally exerting his authority over the military, just because he can and just because, like all liberals, he hates the military with a passion.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What's the 8 million for?
When I was in, I had to buy my own.
Are they given out now?

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (257_X_50, 35, afisher, 6mmCreedmoor, 11 invisible), 828 guests, and 811 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,915
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.