wow.

Something clever here.

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I have a sig 938 coming to me as partial trade for a classic car.... so i'm pretty excited about it... it's just that they are hard to find.

Check that gun shop / gas station in black duck where I found my Ruger SR1911 for 6 ant a half

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I like your number better. Lets go with that. I'm going up next weekend for my niece's wedding...You think I ain't going in the woods. laugh

I went from not being up north at all this fall to being up there like 5 weekends out of 6.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My oldest daughter and I are heading to Bigfork to hang a stand or two and try to find her first grouse. I already shot two of the rifles, may bring another along to sight in. Can't hurt to have a back up to my back up.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Or...you could be like northern_dave and have a backups, to your back up, for your back up. smile

His truck triples in value the day before deer camp. laugh

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Way to go Stan! grin I was pumped to read you dropped the hammer on one. PM me if you want me to post your pictures for ya. I only hope that your ugly mug doesnt break my photobucket account!!! eek

Okay, officially we are modifying the countdown to Friday the 8th as nobody is gonna be on here on Saturday anyway. 14 to go boys and girls. 14. Two touchdowns.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Berettaman
14 to go boys and girls. 14. Two touchdowns.

As a viking fan, I'm not sure what this means?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone

Ain't that the troof sick

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Ain't that the troof sick

Hey we sent you Peterson we're not giving up the coach

"Papa ! Nana made turtles in the potty !"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dave,

I was just in the local Gander and they have a 938 with the carbon fiber looking grips priced at $750.

Jeff

IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
750 huh?

ok, that's a good reference... maybe this little shop down the road aint priced too bad then.

Thanks!

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Sure you do. It's when the other team's cornerback intercepts the ball and runs it into our end-zone. Twice.

cry

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
gunbroker has them in the 550-600 range starting, they go up from there

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well you gotta knock off $150 if it's for sale anywhere but Gander Mt. crazy

Dave, check out a place called Gun Stop, in Minnetonka,MN. Best gun prices I've seen.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Dave, check out a place called Gun Stop, in Minnetonka,MN. Best gun prices I've seen.

Good guys there. The reloading side doesn't suck either.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Ive bought 3 or 4 guns there now.I still haven't seen anyone come within $90 of what I paid for my ss ruger single 6 with both cylinders.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by goalie

The guy that runs the reloading counter there is a total azz. I went in to ask him some questions about reloading, as I'm just getting started in it and he refused to give me any info-told me I "had to learn from my own experiece." I watched him take two phone calls, acting like he was totally annoyed that they had the audacity to call him in the first place-never said thank you or goodbye-basically hung up on both of them. He was acting like a jerk, and he'll never see another penny of my money.

I sent an e-mail to the shop detailing his total lack of customer service, and asked for a reply. Never got one of course. After I get set up for reloading, I plan on sending them copies of the receipts so they can see how much business they lost out on. I'll go buy the stuff at Gander if I have to before I'll put up with that crap.

The guy at the gun counter seems like a good person, but they lost my business due to the douche bag at the reloading counter.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
that sucks to hear, I've seen cases like that where the manager goes and talks to said employee and he puts everything on the customer. saying they were the rude ones etc. manager can't really do much unless repeated complaints come in.

if you have any reloading questions I'd be happy to help you out with my limited knowledge, I've been rolling my own since '08. still have all my fingers and eyes. smile

all this countdown talk has made me itchin to kill a deer, but SD rifle isn't til the 16th frown but then I remembered I have a deer tag in wyoming, so I'm headed there today to kill me some venison. enjoy the waiting guys! smile

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Originally Posted by goalie

The guy that runs the reloading counter there is a total azz. I went in to ask him some questions about reloading, as I'm just getting started in it and he refused to give me any info-told me I "had to learn from my own experiece." I watched him take two phone calls, acting like he was totally annoyed that they had the audacity to call him in the first place-never said thank you or goodbye-basically hung up on both of them. He was acting like a jerk, and he'll never see another penny of my money.

I sent an e-mail to the shop detailing his total lack of customer service, and asked for a reply. Never got one of course. After I get set up for reloading, I plan on sending them copies of the receipts so they can see how much business they lost out on. I'll go buy the stuff at Gander if I have to before I'll put up with that crap.

The guy at the gun counter seems like a good person, but they lost my business due to the douche bag at the reloading counter.

His name is John, and I've heard that he's been an ass ever since the "panic" started. Regardless, it isn't excusable behavior.

That said, the gun shop and reloading shop are two separate entities. They only share a space, but are owned independently.

Don't let the fact that you have to walk through the reloading area to get to the gun counter stop you from going. The guy being an ass isn't getting any of your money if you buy guns.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Colorado1135

if you have any reloading questions I'd be happy to help you out with my limited knowledge, I've been rolling my own since '08. still have all my fingers and eyes. smile

Same here. I am in Minnetonka, so actually close to Gunstop, and have not blown myself up......yet.

I started in about 1994 or so.

I have a bunch of reloading manuals etc....

Page 1,212 of 1,842 1 2 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (22250rem, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,472 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,403
Posts18,488,921
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.