Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
E
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
Thinking of buying the manners EH2 but have not felt the grip on it. I have felt the grip on the Mcmillan Gamescout with the A3 grip and i found it nice but just a bit
to thick to use it wearing gloves, seems it would make my hand have trouble getting a good hold on it when walking around and firing if I needed too.
So my question is is the grip on the Manners EH2 slightly thinner as compared to the Gamescout's A3 grip? They both have palm swells which I like a lot but I find
the A3's grip just to thick.
As for comparison I have a Mcmilllan Rem hunter on my other rifle and this grip is fashioned after the Sako Hunter which I really like.
So I'm just trying to figure if the manners will be the right stock for me.

Thanks
Elmer

GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I have the EH3 and New McMillan Hunter (same grip as the Rem Hunter). A buddy (Hondo64D) has the EH2 and Remington Hunter. I have no experience with the Gamescout. The EH3 grip is a lot more trim than the EH2. The EH3 grip is also extended compared to the EH2. The long, trim, closed grip of the EH3 is very comfortable to me, and I dislike chunky grips. The EH3 grip is more trim than the McMillan Hunter. Hondo's only complaint with the EH2 is the thick grip, more thick than the Rem Hunter. He talked to Tom Manners about it, I'm sure he will chime in. I think the EH2 grip is a direct replica of one of the tactical stocks (like the Gamescout). The EH3 is trimmed up for a sporter rifle.

Sounds like you need to check out the EH3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a EH2, Game Scout and Mc Rem Hunter that you speak of

To me the EH2 and the GS are about the same however, I really like both of these stocks and I don't mind the grip

I could take pics of each if you'd like or measure with calipers for a reference

Regards
Brad

Michael Jordan once told me that no one likes name droppers.

I would like to give a shout out to sidewalks for keeping me off the streets
E
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
Originally Posted by busterhindend
I have a EH2, Game Scout and Mc Rem Hunter that you speak of

To me the EH2 and the GS are about the same however, I really like both of these stocks and I don't mind the grip

I could take pics of each if you'd like or measure with calipers for a reference

Regards
Brad

I would appreciate that a lot!
Can you please tell me the thickness of the 2 grips, Eh2 and GS? That would help me in my decision between EH2 and EH3.
Thank you
Elmer

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well, I just "measured" and it's a bit deceiving. The textured grip portion of the EH2 makes the width, the same as a GS
However, if I didn't measure the textured portion, its about 2 tenths less and about the same as Rem hunter

So to me the EH 2 "feels" smaller
I would say it's between the Rem Hunter and GS

IC B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
On my EH2, It's not that the grip is too thick but rather too short, if that makes any sense. The distance from the web of the hand to where your little finger rest is so short that I can't wrap my last three fingers around it the way I'm used to. I suppose this is the tactical influence in the stock� I really like the EH2 a bunch, with the exception of the grip. I much prefer the grip on the Remington Hunter, but prefer the higher comb of the EH2. Still in search of my perfect stock...

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
To each his own, but the EH2 is my new favorite stock
I have two more on order
They just fit me very well

[Linked Image]

E
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
Thx For the info guys! Yes that perfect stock used as a hunting long range rig and close range light carry gun is difficult to find the perfect stock for.
So now I'm curious about the EH3 any more feedback on that? Seems that I would lean towards the EH3 for my uses. From what I read about it, it has no palm swell, which I really like, but if the feel is good I would go in that direction.

Thx
Elmer

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

The EH3 has a subtle palm swell.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Does the EH2/3 have "square" edges in the floor plate area like the SL?

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Regretfully, yes. Need to get that fixed. Its the only thing I'd change with the EH3. I talked to Tom about it. He says its square to accommodate more bottom metal options (I read into that, the big tactical stuff). I can see it on the larger EH2 but the EH3 has been trimmed down and doesn't need it.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I will give Tom Manners a plug. Unlike some other stock builders, his communication exceeds excellent. He personally was communicating with me outside of normal business hours and went above and beyond on a few situations. I will be a loyal Manners customer because of it.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I was told the same thing. The SL is a nice stock except for that.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'd like to run one, but that grip is just WAY to closed for me.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
For sure, if a closed grip is not your thing its not the stock for you.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
They are a seriously stiff stock though and the EHs are LIGHT. I went with the mini chassis and so far, cannot discern any difference in accuracy between it and a pillar bedded McMillan with the same barreled action.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I am going to try a Manners next time. My buddy recently got one and really likes it. Just got the email that my latest mcmillan is done. Took 30 weeks...plan accordingly.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by busterhindend
To each his own, but the EH2 is my new favorite stock
I have two more on order
They just fit me very well

[Linked Image]

Back from the dead.....

What is the barrel contour of the rifle pictured?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (1Longbow, 10ring1, 1234, 257wthbylover, 1minute, 67 invisible), 2,291 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,125
Posts18,502,458
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.