Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
G
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Been shooting new Matthews Creed 70lb with fall-away all summer. Tuned to broadheads and I'm still fine but what I'm noticing is this: at 20 great 40 great but at 30 I'm hitting about 3 in left. If I'm torquing the bow how could I be dead on at 20 and 40? Should I move the rest a little and re-tune?

The only other thing affecting might be the nock loop because after many shots it rotates away and then the peep is canted...

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What sight are you using? I know it sounds crazy, but that could be your issue. If arrows are shooting dead on at 20 and 40, a simple sight issue could be the culprit. Also I notice in your original post you say you tuned your bow to broadheads. If your bow is tuned properly, you should be able to switch from field point to broadhead of same weight and they fly to same POI without you having to touch anything including readjusting your sight. Without knowing full details any advice i offer is a shot in the dark. I dont like to guess about things, because that can cause more trouble than you had to begin with. First we need to ensure bow is tuned properly.

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
G
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Trophy ridge fire wire v5 sight...field points and broadheads are hitting same place at 40 and 20...something bizarre is happening at 30 or maybe there is a curve left at 30 back to zero at 40 and they are drifting off right past 40...haven't shot past 40 in months...beeman ics pro hunter arrows 400, draw length 27" 100gr points quickspin blazers or vanes with 2deg right helical fletch shooting cock up

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I would bet the arrow is just starting to stabilize at 30 yards, but it could be the peep . I would replace the D-Loop and reline the Peep . Have you tried Paper tuning your rest with a arrow that isn't fetched ?

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If possible, take a block target. Bag targets skew impact angles. Place target at exact shoulder height. Place a weighted string hanging in front of target. When at full draw, thumb of bow hand at same height as shoulder of bow arm. Arrow dead level. Start at a distance of 5ft. Aim at the string. Fire a fletched arrow. Goal is to split the string. Once acheived with fletched arrow, do same with bare shaft. Once you have it at 5', start working back. Goal is for bare shaft and fletched to hit together and both be 90* to target face. Sight windage adjustments up close. Slight rest adjustments at distance. Arrow flight with the bare shaft will tell you what/where the problem is.

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
IC B2

G
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
G
thanks for all the responses....it was the peep. I noticed when at full draw it consistently twisted away and i was off at 10 yds ..so i re-aligned and moved the rest and we are all good now..good luck in coming weeks all!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (1234, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 007FJ, 160user, 1lessdog, 61 invisible), 2,380 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,531
Posts18,491,186
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.