Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,223 of 1,842 1 2 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1841 1842
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Was a pretty quiet weekend up nort.

Great food & company, for sure, but just 2 deer sighted.

My buddy, Joe, took this nice eater buck, about midday Saturday.

[Linked Image]

With Deb's doe, that makes 2 hanging now, so no complaints.

Will butcher Deb's doe Thursday & Joe's buck Friday.

Had the does tenderloins, wrapped in bacon, with garlic mash & gravy & fresh white bread for Friday nights dinner. With a coupla refreshments, it was a great start to opening weekend.

Paul.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Rooster,

Prayers sent for a speedy & full recovery.

Paul.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Thanks Paul!

Looks like your opening weekend was a success in my book!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
ok lets hear about the 3 legged dog?

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
While on the subject, I can't believe nobody commented on me "kicking" our 3 legged dog !!!!!!

Paul.

I think it's such common practice amongst this crowd that it slipped off unnoticed. smile

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I was assuming it was a 3-wheeler.

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I had that thought too... but not many are kick start, unless they were race wheelers.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Btw...that "eater buck" would be at least getting a horn mount on my wall. It's pretty nice!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
We have 7" of snow forecasted for this area for tomorrow into Wednesday. crazy none for the hunting area.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
shocked

Something clever here.

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Holy crap Rooster, you had a close one. Clots aren't anything to mess with. Take it easy for a few days so you can go deer hunting.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Boy, Nate and Joe are sure growing, Dave.

Paul, I was thing the same thing about Joe jumping off the rock to put more into his swing.

This will be our year to cut wood for the camp and I'm not looking foreward to it. Swinging the maul is getting tougher with age.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rooster glad to hear your out of the hospital take care man.

"Papa ! Nana made turtles in the potty !"
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I just read about this today. We had a new South Carolina state record bear kill. 609 pounds. I saw the picture of the thing. It was ginormous looking!

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Thanks guys.

Depending on my leg pain, I'm going to try to get out in the bow stand every day this week but I will be taking it pretty easy.

Deer season is upon us!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Sent txt to daughter, she put me on da fase books.

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Rooster glad your feeling better my brother in law had the same thing with the blood clot like a month ago....
Took him awhile to recover...

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
By gosh Rooster you have an angel on your shoulder! You were smart and paid attention to your pain. Probably saved your own life!

Coumadin isn't so bad, just takes some getting used to. You're gonna be good as new! I know you're on the road alot. You might have to stop every couple hours to get out and move around to get the blood flowing. Happened to me when I used to travel for business all the time. My dad has it too. Just gotta get those legs moving. smile

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
So I took my son for a 3 day father/son duck camp last week. Had a great time. Went out on big water in Saginaw Bay and got blown off. 30 mph wind, gale and small craft warnings wouldn't let me hold anchor. Not wanting to be a Darwin award nominee we headed back to port and field hunted the rest of the time. Sag Bay is a storied waterfowl hunting area with old camps lining the shore since the 1800s. The Bay is also very shallow and the wind will literally blow the water out in a few hours leaving your boat high and dry. Conversely, it can get real deep, real quick.

So the boy and I hunted flooded corn fields. They flood them anywhere from 6" to 2'. It was his first time in hip boots. His first shot with the 20 gauge 3" sent him backwards off his stool into the drink. "I'm good" he says. I told him we could leave at any time if he was cold, but he's a gamer. I made him some hot soup and he wanted to hunt. I shot strictly clean-up and we downed 5 birds. Had duck on the grill that night after some hot showers.

Second day the wind blew harder, we were in the same corn field, and it took nearly a box of shells, but he got one. After he cleaned the duck, we had a burger and a root beer at the bar to celebrate. The final day was bitter cold blue bird day. We shot a Redhead early on, but that's it. He was starting to get cold so we called it. On the walk or wade back, he was behind me when I heard a yell, then it stopped just as suddenly. Yep, down goes Frazier! The boy took a header in thigh deep water. Complete faceplant with his hat floating. I got him upright and we double timed it to the truck. I fired up the heater to 80* and stripped him as he was getting hypothermic. I stripped and put my dry clothes on him to warm him up. Broke the basic speed law back to camp. Interesting scene with me in my longjohns and him in my XXL clothes rolling up to the showers. Another long hot shower, some warm food, and he was good to go.

This is our first real hunting adventure together. And he's already planning on joining me for Fur & Feather weekend where I avoid Black Friday like the plague and hunt ducks and deer that weekend. I'm pretty excited. I haven't had a such fun with a hunting partner since my brother passed in '07. It's a good thing. smile

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Rooster7,take care of that leg. You are very lucky to have caught it in time. Clots ain't nothing to fool around with.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
Page 1,223 of 1,842 1 2 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

93 members (7mm_Loco, 444Matt, 338reddog, 79S, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 13 invisible), 1,603 guests, and 853 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,295
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.