R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by Rooster7
For those of you guys that have experienced blood clots or know someone who has, how long does it take for the pain to go away? My leg is still killing me when I stand and move about.

It depends on how bad the clots were, and where. With arterial clotting, reperfusion pain can last a long time.

Ok. I guess I was just asking to find out if its normal to still have a lot of pain even after they get the INR levels in the blood regulated. Sounds like it is so I won't worry about walking to the stand later.

Getting your INR theraputic stops the clots from getting bigger and stops you from getting more clots. Heparin and coumadin do not break up existing clots. If your INR is >2.5 or so, you should be good for not getting new clots.

I was at 2.3 Sunday night when I left the hospital. They gave me a shot in the stomach to carry me over. I go the coumadin clinic at 8:15 tomorrow morning. Thanks for your insight!

P.S. The wind was wrong for my stand tonight so I stayed out. Probably doesn't hurt to get a little more rest. smile

Last edited by Rooster7; 11/05/13.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Snowing like crazy here tonight!

I got a smoking deal on Artic Shield boot blankets. $19.95 at gander of all places!
My little buddy will have warm feet now but I think they'll get a test run next week. grin

Camp is where you make it.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
This.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Yep, that's where we were. Stayed in Sebewaing. Cool place.

IC B2

S
SSB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Charlie, for a different but cool experience check out Fish Point Lodge. Doug n Chris are great people and give you the whole "Duck Camp" experience. BTW I live in Quanicassee...maybe you passed by there...

We eat organic in our house, we just have to shoot and gut it first.....
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by SSB
Charlie, for a different but cool experience check out Fish Point Lodge. Doug n Chris are great people and give you the whole "Duck Camp" experience. BTW I live in Quanicassee...maybe you passed by there...

They were booked. frown We stopped there to take look at the Bay and the boats in his canal were floating, tied up to the docks. Stopped by the next day and the boats were on dry land still tied up to the dock! Water had gone completely out. Very cool place. We want to try it there next time. Quin is supposed to be good hunting too, but I haven't tried it yet. We took 25 to 75 to 69 to 96 to get across the state. Long ride.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
All rain here.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, it's Wednesday morning, and we got our first snow last night. I'm sure there will be a slew of accidents this morning as folks tend to forget how to drive when the least little bit of the white stuff comes down.

The pile of gear in the gun room is taking shape into bags, back packs, and other carriable totes. Sleep comes in bits and pieces for many of us now. The mass exodus heading to the deer woods has all ready probably started. We will joing the Orange Army Friday morning, snaking our way up 371 towards our home base in Cross Lake.

The Chickenbuck Nation will be represented in our group, as I will wear Chickenbuck gear into the woods this fall.

Here's to the hope that first of all everyone comes home safe and sound, and that we all manage to find a few deer in the process. Special thanks to Northern Dave for running this incredible thread, which has taken on a life of it's own. We all may not cast a shadow on Camp Chickenbuck's door, but will be there in spirit, and looking forward to hearing from Dave and the guys.

Good luck to all the Minnesota boys, and a special shout out to T-Zone and Mini-Man. Make sure your dad gets a big one, Jack.

Good luck and be safe guys.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
gopher, I will be up at the Cross Lake Zorba's Friday night.

The population is up in the area. smile

And you saw what a cluster my downstairs bedroom is. The pile's about twice that size now......

Good luck, and stay safe everyone

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
The gear is in the clothes are in the dryer, the wool will be hung tonight, and sleep has been non-existent.

The 2" of fresh snow doesn't help ease my mind. In fact it makes it worse.

The Explorer will be pointed north very early Friday morning to stash the wheeler in the woods, and walk a fee trails looking for grouse in an area I haven been in years.

Friday night we are getting the band back together. One of my best good friends, the best man in my wedding is going to be up from Atlants,GA to hunt his family land. Our other buds have a camp 5 miles from there so we are going to meet in Cotton and have a burger, swap lies and I don't cares, talk about chicks, and maybe buy some beer if they've heard of that type of thing.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Well said Gopher, best of luck and safe wishes to you as well.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Ok some things have gone just to far...one of the local grocery stores in town have decided to bake and sell blaze orange bread.

For safety reasons...just cannot make myself go there.

On a better note just before dark last night saw two sets of two does each getting chased by a basket 6 and the other group was chased by a big bodied average racked 8 or so.

Not breeding but the boys are out cruising.

Must make gun go bang....twitching starting again....spasm.....trigger finger clicking mouse....grrrrrunnnnntttt....snortttttt

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Itchy itchy itchy

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I dropped the kids off at their mom's this morning and there were two deer in the yard.

I pointed my finget at them and said "bang" and my daughter asked if I got one. grin They're starting to move in the daytime kids.....I'm getting a bit excited.

BD, I totally would have bought some of that bread if I had he dough with me. laugh

Last edited by tzone; 11/06/13.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by fluffy
Itchy itchy itchy

Spend less time at the noodie bar.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I just can't eat it man...

Sounds like the Funkley bar is all set up and ready for "entertainment" just take your penicillin pills as you walk thru the door...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
LOL!

I can't find any beer packaged in orange cans... WTF?

This has me bothered.

(not really)

grin

Something clever here.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
One might think a blaze can koozie could work till something better comes along.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Good call, I happen to be equipped with such a device.

Something clever here.

Page 1,225 of 1,842 1 2 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

422 members (17CalFan, 160user, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 37 invisible), 2,063 guests, and 1,106 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,377
Posts18,488,445
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.