Print Thread
Hop To
A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...ool-finance-structure-hinge-amendment-66

7:40 p.m.: Rejection of Amendment 66 continued to hold strong with 42 percent of the statewide vote counted, as no votes held a 63-37 percent lead with over 600,000 votes cast.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I hope it holds. I voted no.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Did Northern Colorado split away from the rest of the state?

Keep your gun-hand ready and your eyes peeled.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
In the Denver School Board, all the Teachers Unions candidates were seriously flogged.

So far we have results for 3 of the counties on the 51st state and it's loosing....I was sure hoping it would win...it would send a huge lesson to our Commie Governor

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
And that's a good thing, antelope_sniper. The problems with our schools can't be fixed with more money. It would only make matters worse.

I heard the marijuana tax hike is way ahead in the votes counted so far. And it's a good thing, too.

Last edited by achadwick; 11/05/13.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
The funny part is, roughly 35% voted for amendment 66, and 35% voted against the tax on pot. Probably the same liberals that craved a larger tax on people's paychecks are potheads.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Overall, I'd say it was a good night for us. Looks like succession will be about an even vote, enough to get Hickeys attention. Our income taxes will not be going up to 7%, driving off new businesses, and the reform minded, pro-charter school candidates won in the school boards. Pots be legalized, regulated and taxes, overall it was a good night in Colorado.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
One of the better points about Amendment 66 being defeated is that it once again shows Bloomberg (who donated $1 million for the campaign) that we're tired of him and his ilk (Melinda Gates also gave $1 million) trying to buy votes in our state. Between this and the previous state senator recalls, the underfunded grassroots efforts won over big money liberal interests. It gives me hope....not that they will quit, which they probably won't, but that we have voters willing to get out and vote against them and the BS the liberals are trying to pass here in Colorado. Hopefully we can get a decent candidate to win against Hickenlooper next year.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Pissed me off that I was getting phone calls called "surveys" and they were nothing but marketing calls. They call it a survey to get around the Do Not Call list we have here.

They lady said "how are you going to vote?"

I said "no."

She said even though it will add 1000 teachers, bring back gym and art, and only cost you $130 a year???

I said "no."

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Good for you guys.....congrats.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from
time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
It is its natural manure." (Thomas Jefferson)

DON'T TREAD ON ME

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Pissed me off that I was getting phone calls called "surveys" and they were nothing but marketing calls. They call it a survey to get around the Do Not Call list we have here.

They lady said "how are you going to vote?"

I said "no."

She said even though it will add 1000 teachers, bring back gym and art, and only cost you $130 a year???

I said "no."

I had the opportunity to listen to the Denver Superintendent. He said those "new teachers" would of been to make all kindergarten full day roll preschool down to THREE YEAR OLDS. The whole thing was one huge power grab with the goal of increasing the size and control of the bureaucracy.

As for "bringing back art", well, that's a straight up lie. My girls have art, band, strings, and acting club. Add in College pre clubs, and outdoors clubs, and I think they are getting plenty of enrichment.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (06hunter59, 163bc, 204guy, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 1minute, 68 invisible), 2,524 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,787
Posts18,515,869
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.