Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Elf Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Feeling kinda low about the health of one of my young dogs, Barsky is 4 and has Perianal fistulas ( also known as anal furunculosis is a serious medical condition that most commonly affects German shepherd dogs, but may also occur in other breeds )he's on 5 different meds at the moment to see if we can get it into a remission state. So share your pooches pics and stories, talking dogs always cheers me up.

[Linked Image]

Barsky..sled dog, companion, house dog and child TV star. He was a pup of 2 days old when featured on an episode of Dirty Jobs. Stardom hasn't gone to his head... yet whistle

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sorry to hear about Barsky's health problems and I hope things go well for him and you.

This is my buddy Jasper, Just over a year old and my constant companion and protector whether I need protecting or not.
[Linked Image]

Another one from the same time frame. We were camping in a USFS campground and the rule is that dogs have to be on a leash or tie-out at all times. He was NOT impressed and was trying to guilt me into letting him off the tie out.

[Linked Image]

He was in a much better mood after he conned me out of about 1/2 the pork steak I grilled for myself though.

Last edited by SmokeEater2; 11/07/13.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
My Buddy Spark. I didn't want a dog when my Wife decided we were going to get one. Now, I don't know what I'd do without him. He's a 'Tall' Jack Russel, the AKC now wants to call the tall ones Parson Russell Terriers. They aren't as spastic nervous as the short legged Jack's.

At his peak, about two years old. He once ran a thirty mile mountain bike trail with me in Utah,[Linked Image]

Last edited by BeanMan; 11/07/13.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

Wallace, one of my Min Pins, aka squirrel killer. Actually, he lucked out on this one, he ambushed it coming down the tree he was laying under smile

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Some shop dogs.
Socket
[Linked Image]
Molly
[Linked Image]
Maxine
[Linked Image]

Last edited by calikooknic; 11/07/13.

Sean
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Rommel: at 17 months he is already my friend, my confidant, and my protector.
More than I can say about any person.

[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Has anyone see Skidjit?

[Linked Image]

She rides well in the car:

[Linked Image]

Skidjit is a rescue of sorts, being the pup out of a litter that wasn't chosen. Her "owner" at the time is a coworker, and offered her to me for free, just to be rid of her. The day she came home with me was her second car ride and the first day she traveled over a mile in the car. At my house, when the phone rang and I stood to retrieve it from the table, she was so scared that she squatted and peed on the floor. It took me a month to cure that issue.

I named her Skidjit because of her skittishness and the fact that she didn't seem terribly bright (idjit). She will never be a hunting dog, but has become a fantastic (if overzealous) companion. You have to earn her trust, but her love is unconditional.

Kaiser Norton

The Kaiser- "If it ain't broke, I can fix that!"
Elf Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Great photos guys!

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
$40 bought the best dog a man could ever hope to have�..

[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Elf Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ingwe
$40 bought the best dog a man could ever hope to have�..

[Linked Image]

Great looking pup!

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Really sorry to hear of Barsky's problems, hope it all works out to the good.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
This is Lady after she showed up here a few years ago as a six month old, flea & tick covered, mange-ridden mess and we got her cleaned up;

[Linked Image]

This is Lady last fall;

[Linked Image]

This is Abby, a Terrier/Hound cross that we rescued. She was supposed to be Barbara's dog, but he is definitely mine. blush grin A first-class squirrel dog!

[Linked Image]

And the latest rescue is Suki, a Boxer/Short Hair Pointer cross (Box-a-Point or Boxer Short, you pick. grin )

[Linked Image]

We have been Blessed with a number of canine, equine, and feline friends over the years. We will probably out-live these, but they have each left me with the lesson that the way they live, in the moment, is the best way.

I'm sorry to hear of your friend's illness. It's tough to watch them fight disease and know that it is out of our hands.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
Rommel: at 17 months he is already my friend, my confidant, and my protector.
More than I can say about any person.

[Linked Image]

...only because I refuse to protect you....:)

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
F
This is Junie, our bulldog that I bought for my wife on our first Valentines day (when we were dating). She is here with our monster man, Levi out 8 month old son.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
This is my buddy, Charlie. An amazing dog. Incredibly smart, SUPER easy to train, amazing with the kids, will give his life protecting them and me.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

This next dog was, simply put, my best and some times only friend. I adopted him in college. Him and I spent many hours and days in the woods looking around. He is closing in on 10 years old, but still has plenty of life left in him. He is getting a little impatient in his older age with kids he doesn't know, but will fight tooth and nail to protect those he does. This dog will give his life in a heart beat protecting my wife and two kids. He IS our home insurance. He has (well, if he wasn't neutered) balls of steel. There is no bump in the noise that intimidates him, he is always the first one in and out of the house to check for danger. I really can not put into words what this dog means to me. Simply put, I trust him to protect my most valuable possessions. When I leave the house at night for work, I tell him to protect momma and the kids.... When I say that phrase, I know I will, with out a doubt come home to a healty family in the morning, no matter what. I trust this dog with my life and those that mean the most to me. He doesn't look like much, but he has a switch he can turn on and be a nasty nasty dog, then, my 8 month old can climb all over him with out an issue.
Ladies and gentlemen, meet Ojos:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is Zera, toe warmer par-excellent, in her favorite place. These pics are after a tough day of supervising Mom and Dad outside all day and keeping all the squirrels in their places. She's usually the first to sound the alarm around here when there's something that needs barking at.
[Linked Image]

The rest of the Homeland Security, Squirrel Chasing, Deer Poop Eating, and Entertainment Dept: Griff in the foreground and Cowboy in the background. The three of 'em are almost always at my side, especially Cowboy, when I'm home.
[Linked Image]

All three are rescues. Cowboy is around 14 now and we rescued him about 18 mo ago. He was in terrible condition when he came home with us, but we're giving him a good home for whatever time he has left. He is amazingly loyal and such a sweet, loving old gentleman. Don't hesitate to adopt a senior citizen pooch - they are SO wonderful and appreciative.

Bring enough gun and know how to use it.

Know that it is not the knowing, nor the talking, nor the reading man, but the doing man, that at last will be found the happiest man. - Thomas Brooks (1608-1680)
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
My boy Leonard with his favorite squeak toy.
[Linked Image]
Sadly, bird season for him is out this year. The ear infection is back with a vengeance.

If any have need of mole control Peewee hires out at buckfiddy a day + room and board.
[Linked Image]
I'll wave the $1.50 if you can break him of his toilet paper fetish.
[Linked Image]

Last, but not least, our sweet lap dog Teeny. I'd forgotten the wonders of having a giant in my home.
[Linked Image]
Precious little girl who found her way to us via a gal who had no business with a Great Dane.

"There are three kinds of men
Those who learn by reading
The few who learn by observing
The rest have to pee on the
electric fence and find out
for themselves."
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Our Maybelline, at her post looking for backyard bushytails.

She lost a leg to bone cancer 4 years ago. Two years ago the cancer came back and took her life.

She was a joy and not a day goes by that we don't remember something special about her.

[Linked Image]

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Sorry to hear about your buddies probelms

Here are Mic (the white faced witch) and Duff. They are 10 and 11 and both are now deaf. These shots are from this year in the field. They still love to get on birds and I have changed up how I hunt to keep taking them out. Fortunately they are heavily trained and respond well to hand signals. The big change I have seen with them is they now stay in closer contact and are continually checking for visual que's.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Time is starting to close down so I hope for another special season.

Hugh
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry to hear about Barsky's problems. Our dogs so quickly became a part of our families it hurts us when they hurt or just don't feel well.

Ruby (on left) and Bob (the beagle) have both come to us in the last 10 months. Ruby developed liver problems and we nearly lost her in April. She had her diet changed to low protein and has recovered remarkedly. She just had her first birthday and we hope she has many, many more. She and Bob are nearly inseparable, even when they nap . . . which is a LOT grin.

[Linked Image]

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Elf, I hope Barsky's health gets better. I just hate to see children and animals suffer.

Here's Remmie. She pizzed on the carpet while I was at work Tuesday. She's currently on my chit list. wink
[Linked Image]

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

238 members (1OntarioJim, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 2UP, 10Glocks, 26 invisible), 2,115 guests, and 904 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,514,994
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.