Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
I like the guy. Watched him wrestle in college. Seems to be very grounded and humble. Seems a great family man also. Great attributes when looking for someone to root for....

I'm just afraid it's not enough to dethrone GSP.

Sure, Hendricks has great power, therefore he has more than a "chance". But can he run with this guy and really be competitive?

Please God, give me some good tags this year....
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
It will be a spectacular fight that's for sure.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I don't think his game is refined as GSP. He may get a 'Matt Sera' hit in there, but I don't see him pulling this one out. He's a great guy, but GSP is a amazing fighter...

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
I think he's actually got a pretty decent chance. GSP can be hit, and in the Condit fight he got hit pretty hard a few times. Hendricks is one of those guys who really only needs one,and so far has found a way to get it. IMO,GSP needs to take him down asap,and keep him there.

Anyone watch the Hendo/Belfort fight tonight? Some good fights leading up,pretty short main.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anyone watch the Hendo/Belfort fight tonight? Some good fights leading up,pretty short main.

Lots of fun viewing.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
God....don't say Matt Sera again. Shame on you George

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
I think Hendricks has more than a little chance of winning. It's been several fights that GSP has fought for points. Hendricks hasn't had that option. As much as I like GSP I'd like to see him get knocked out. Yeah, GSP has a LOT going for him. But I'm tired of watching him fight for points. May be smart but that's not why people spend $50 to watch a fight. He should have substantially beat the last few people. The last 5 fight (at least) were decisions. Give me a break. Henderon knocks out guys. Bring it!! I'm looking forward to it!!

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I think Johny has a good chance. Besides having knockout power
his wrestling is probably better than anyone GSP has faced.
I think GSP is going to have a tough time with that. It's
going to be a good fight.

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Didnt GSP fight both Koschek and Fitch?

NOBODY likes Koz. We went to the same college, and has some of the same friends. Had to root for him. He was a 2 time NCAA champ.

I think Hendricks lost to Perry his Sr year. Think he was only a 2 Time champ??? Fitch was no slouch collegiate either.

Not arguing. Just mentioning. I'm not a Die Hard UFC Fanboy. Going to go to a party for the Pay Perview for this fight though. Haven't been that interested since Hughes was fighting.

Really hope Hendricks can win. But I won't bet on him

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Hendricks was a great collegiate wrestler. He did lose to Perry and IIRC, got robbed by a bad call. He was almost a 3-timer. Didn't know he had gone MMC.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice prelude . .

http://www.newsday.com/sports/video/watch-ufc-primetime-gsp-vs-hendricks-episode-2-1.6391974

Johnny is our home town favorite. One of the best high school wrestlers ever and a two time AA at Oklahoma State. He has the mental capacity to win. We'll see if he has the physical tools.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I see GSP jabbing Hendricks from range, using a lot of movement to keep from getting into a brawl. I think anytime Hendricks is able to get into range to do some damage, GSP will clinch up with him.

I actually think the more interesting fight on that card is Chael Sonnen vs. Rashad Evans.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
WheelchairBandit,

Chael will handle him like a little girl!

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ringman
WheelchairBandit,

Chael will handle him like a little girl!

Possibly, but it's not going to be easy for him. Chael's going to have to stick to Rashad like a cheap suit for 15 minutes, and that's a lot easier said than done. That's a tough fight for both guys.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gonna go w/ Chael on this one.
Would also like to see Big Rigg standing by himself at the end.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'd like to see Hendricks win it but i think George is going to be too athletic,fast, and slick for him.
GSP's strength is under rated. I do not think Hendricks is going to be able to man handle him.
I see GSP winning via unanimous decision and perhaps even finishing him in the last round.
I think Rashad is going to come out on top over Chael.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
I don't care for Rashad, I rooting for Chael. Depends on which one shows up. If he's ready to rumble it's going to be a good fight.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Really looking forward to this fight.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
-Mark Twain
J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Last minute thoughts?

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Anything can happen. Odds are GSP will pull out a win, by decision.
Hendricks can catch GSP, as any fighter can "get caught" if they fight long enough- GSP vs Serra.

My guess is we will see another methodical GSP pick apart his opponent, which leads to a boring fight for most people to watch.

Hendricks can push the fight more and force GSP out of his methodical approach and cause the fight to be more of a brawl.

Just my opinion- we shall see what happens, but my guess is GSP by decision. I really hope for a Hendricks by KO though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

384 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 17CalFan, 16penny, 16gage, 41 invisible), 2,631 guests, and 1,108 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,757
Posts18,514,864
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.