Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I don't / won't skimp on family vacations. Do what you want, eat what you want. It's time to enjoy!!

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Friends

No wonder you're worshiped as a god in Montana. Wisdom, there.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Boots

Wool socks

Coffee

Scopes

Hats

Tires

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Dogs. Get the best from a good breeder. Forget the pound hounds. There's a reason they are guests of the County.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by joken2

By the way, Charmin has started skimping on their TP now by cutting off what looks to be about a 1/2" from the width of the rolls.

It's actually a 1/4 inch or so and I won't even tell you what that saves them. It's astronomical when you think about it.

Me

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Avoid contractor grade anything. Contractors don't use the best. They use whatever will make them the most money - the cheapest that will still make code.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My Guns

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Family!

Especially, my aging parents and my siblings kids.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by byc
Family!

Especially, my aging parents and my siblings kids.

Family is first.

Coffee

Tools

Shoes/Boots

Whiskey

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Optics. If you are gonna put the time, effort, and money into going, you might as well be able to actually see stuff without eyestrain.

Coffee. One of the last conversations I had with my Dad was about coffee. He said, "Life is too short to drink bad coffee. Get the good stuff and so you can actually enjoy it. The spending the extra $5 a pound ain't gonna keep you outta the poor house if you are headed there."

Beer. Same reason as coffee above.

Good cookware. Really love cooking with my cast iron stuff.

Tools.

Hunting gear.

My family. It is the most important thing in life.

Last edited by flagstaff; 11/10/13.

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by teal
Originally Posted by joken2

By the way, Charmin has started skimping on their TP now by cutting off what looks to be about a 1/2" from the width of the rolls.

It's actually a 1/4 inch or so and I won't even tell you what that saves them. It's astronomical when you think about it.

Teal, I just gotta ask, how the he!! do you know that the toilet paper is 1/4" smaller as opposed to 1/2"? Do you really notice such things?

LOL
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

Dogs. Get the best from a good breeder. Forget the pound hounds. There's a reason they are guests of the County.

Can't agree there.

Our last Lab was AKC-this and Pro Breeder-that.

Excellent dog no doubt, and still tears me up thinking about the day we lost her.

Current Lab was a rescue.

AKC-nothing and Who Knows Breeder-that.

And guess what? He's just as good a friend, and loves to run the woods and swim the lake with me just as much as the last one.

From here out, we'll likely end up with a rescue dog every time.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Air Conditioning, It gets HOT here for the better part of 6 months and I get to be in it from 5 or 6 in the morning to 5 or 6 at night. I dont give a crap how high the electric bill is, gonna have me a COLD house.

Also footwear. Aint nothing to drop $500 on a pair of Whites to keep my dogs happy. I probably have over 3 grand in boots/shoes in my closet.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
We buy quality whenever we can. I would rather have my wife pick up something used of good quality than to suffer new junk. She loves to shop the thrift stores and finds some great deals on quality stuff on everything from jeans to cookware. I'm much the same with guns, knives, scopes, hand tools, etc.

I have a shop full of good quality wood working hand tools that were bought used. Some needed a little work to be brought back to use but unless your putting out for Leigh Nielsen or Veritas planes (very expensive), your getting junk when it comes to new planes. Old Stanley and Sargent planes are available for a fraction of the cost, with the exception of a few rare models, and are good quality.

Have to agree on the coffee. Had a guy that worked for me that brought in the white can, no name coffee when it was his turn. That stuff was floor sweepings. I've never had such bad coffee. He got rode so hard over that, he went all out the next time for good coffee.

Cannot stand beer so wouldn't know a cheap one from an expensive one. And yes, I've tried the expensive ones and they tasted every bit as bad as the cheap ones to me.

Mart

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Travis;
That sounds good, I'll save a seat for you then. wink

Have you ever noticed how big a Sharptail's heart is compared to say a Ruffer's heart?

We used to hunt Sharptails, Ruffers and Spruce Grouse in northern Saskatchewan so we'd be taking home hearts from all three.

I've never hunted birds over a dog and that's certainly on my bucket list to do.

That said, I'm less than not much of a hand with a shotgun, so the dog would likely be fairly miffed with my shooting in short order. blush

Have a good hunt Travis and if you're so inclined I'd love to see photos of a Sharptail expedition. It's got to be 30 years since I've been on one.

Dwayne

Dwayne,

No pics today friend. My eyes froze shut, my dog called me an idiot, the only birds we saw, flushed 300yds ahead of us, and we almost died driving back into town due to the sheet of ice now covered in fresh snow.

I think I'll play it smart and just watch football and can some venison from the deer that got whacked yesterday...

Mom always said "Travis, you're stupid, but you're not [bleep]' stupid."

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Woodstoves.
Tires.
Scopes.

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Snuff
Coffee
Whiskey
Tires

Last edited by JWGross; 11/10/13.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wiperblades.
Extension cords.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Coffee

Les Baer 1911

Knives

Friends

And not necessarily in that order......

Last edited by frogman43; 11/10/13.

~Molɔ̀ːn LabΓ© SkΓ½la~
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Boots

Optics.

Work related equipment

Tires

Goose decoys

Knives

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

430 members (1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 16gage, 10ring1, 43 invisible), 2,727 guests, and 1,141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,757
Posts18,514,848
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.