B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Breitbart News: Breitbart TV
http://www.breitbart.com/breitbart-tv
by Tony Lee 11 Nov 2013
National radio host Rush Limbaugh praised former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for taking TODAY show host Matt Lauer "to the cleaners" Monday by refusing to buy progressive media's talking points about Americans losing insurance and Republicans needing to appeal more to moderates than their base to win elections

Regarding the five percent of Americans that the White House conceded were losing their health insurance plans after President Barack Obama had promised that would not happen under Obamacare, Limbaugh said these were merely just the "first wave of cancellations," and eventually Obamacare will impact "everybody," because all of the plans will eventually not qualify "by design."

�Where do you get this five percent?�� Palin asked Lauer.
It�s not five percent. It�s most Americans will not be able to keep the healthcare policy and programs that they had desired. The new programs that are being forced down our throat are unaffordable. Some of them are still being told, "Well if you like that insurance policy and that coverage, you still will be able to keep it, it�s just going to cost you a little bit more." That�s the point. If it�s going to cost you more, then it�s not the same policy.

Limbaugh praised Palin for her response and then said she took Lauer "to the cleaners" for also calling him out on the misguided "trick" the mainstream media always use on Republicans to get them to nominate candidates who will lose in the general election.

"Remember that old saw what the Democrat consultants always used to tell the Republicans and they would believe it?," Limbaugh said. "The Republican Party gets tricked so easily. They get tricked into not criticizing Obama, they get tricked into not being for what they should be for, and they even get tricked into campaigning for only 20% of the vote."

Limbaugh blasted consultants for turning candidates "into squishy, linguini-spined moderates, on the theory that's how you get the independents."

"So the Republicans have been tricked into shutting up, and every four years they've been tricked into campaigning for 20% of the voting public, the independents," Limbaugh said.

"They're winning the independents and they're losing elections. You know why? Because they are abandoning their base, and the assumption is the base is always gonna be with you, but the Tea Party is not the case."

Limbaugh made the point that now that independents are abandoning Obama, the media are calling them "moderates."

"The independents�and I know who you are, and you independents know who you are, and you were made to feel special by the media. You were portrayed as the really smart people," Limbaugh said. "You weren't ideologues. You decided things issue by issue. You had open minds, not closed minds. You weren't bigots like the Tea Party. Oh, no, no, no! You independents, you were the cream of the crop�until you stopped voting for Democrats. Now you're dirt. Now you're scum."

He praised Palin for her response to Lauer, whom he blasted for repeating mainstream media talking points that his producer gave him.

When you stand in the middle of the road, you�re going to get hit on both sides of the road,�� Palin said.
�We need to take a stand, especially on this Obamacare, and support those who are just fulfilling their campaign promises. So many politicians ran for reelection and for election saying they would do anything in their power to de-fund the statist socialized medicine program called Obamacare."

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well with Matt Lauer its not really a fair fight since he's a mental light-weight, but yeah, she's right.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Obamacare is the Democrats' back door to socialized medicine. That's why they force all policies to cover all sorts of things not needed, so that those folks who don't need that sort of coverage are forced to pay for those who do. Free market health insurance tailor fits insurance to what people feel they need and can afford, thus there's no excess payment from the healthy to support the sick in free market health insurance. Palin got it right.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
The GOP is irrelevant. They have no guts, no balls, they're not conservative, they're infighting and cannot coalesce into a group to stand for anything. Overall - they're Democrat-Lite..

Easy targets for the damn dems...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Redneck is right. If the GOP nominates Christie, he will get even fewer votes than Romney.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by slowmover12
Redneck is right. If the GOP nominates Christie, he will get even fewer votes than Romney.
Of course that's correct. I'm amazed at how few Republicans seem to realize this. They keep making the same mistake over and over, just to a greater and greater degree each time, as if the solution to the problem is to make the mistake bigger each time.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by slowmover12
Of course that's correct. I'm amazed at how few Republicans seem to realize this. They keep making the same mistake over and over, just to a greater and greater degree each time, as if the solution to the problem is to make the mistake bigger each time.

Bingo! We have a winner. I won't vote for the fat bastig and I'm not a big fan of Romney either. Anybody tea party is getting my vote over either one of this douchebags. If its wasted its wasted. Republican party will keep losing elections until they get it right.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from
time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
It is its natural manure." (Thomas Jefferson)

DON'T TREAD ON ME

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by MolonLabe

Bingo! We have a winner. I won't vote for the fat bastig and I'm not a big fan of Romney either. Anybody tea party is getting my vote over either one of this douchebags. If its wasted its wasted. Republican party will keep losing elections until they get it right.
What's amazing is that they had the historically recent lesson of Ronald Reagan (widely viewed by the public and the MSM as a true-believing conservative) winning two landslides for president, and still don't get it. Those who will not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No, it's still all about the mushy middle. Any GOP candidate will get 42.5% of the vote and any Dem will get 42.5% of the vote, given no 3rd Party. It's the 15% in the middle that sway the election.

That 15% is ruled by emotion, not by facts, Party affiliation, or careful scrutiny of the candidates. It is all about how they "feel" about the candidates, and who they like based on the conditions at hand.

As a matter of fact, I might continue this with a little historical evaluation of Presidential elections.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by hatari
No, it's still all about the mushy middle. Any GOP candidate will get 42.5% of the vote and any Dem will get 42.5% of the vote, given no 3rd Party. It's the 15% in the middle that sway the election.

That 15% is ruled by emotion, not by facts, Party affiliation, or careful scrutiny of the candidates. It is all about how they "feel" about the candidates, and who they like based on the conditions at hand.

As a matter of fact, I might continue this with a little historical evaluation of Presidential elections.
You're right about that 15%, but they are attracted to excitement. When the Republican base, the true believers in conservatism, are very excited about their candidate, this excitement becomes contagious, attracting the attention of that 15%. That was the dynamic leading to the two Reagan landslides. "Movement conservatives" were extremely enthusiastic about him, and were doing a lot of talking about their excitement to whomever would listen (constituting a gigantic force multiplier). This carried over to the 15%, who then voted for the candidate for whom they saw lots of excitement from his supporters.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
The so-called undecided has always been about voter enthusiasm. Either they show up or they don�t. Very few walk into a booth and then make up their minds.

In 2008 and 2012 they turned out for Obama. Not for his agenda. In 2008 he of course had no record and in 2012 he had a failed record.

In 2010 the Liberals stayed home and the Conservatives showed up.

Last edited by BOWSINGER; 11/12/13.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
The so-called undecided has always been about voter enthusiasm. Either they show up or they don�t. Very few walk into a booth and then make up their minds.

In 2008 and 2012 they turned out for Obama. Not for his agenda. In 2008 he of course had no record and in 2012 he had a failed record.

In 2010 the Liberals stayed home and the Conservatives showed up.

Yes!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by hatari

You're right about that 15%, but they are attracted to excitement. When the Republican base, the true believers in conservatism, are very excited about their candidate, this excitement becomes contagious, attracting the attention of that 15%. That was the dynamic leading to the two Reagan landslides. "Movement conservatives" were extremely enthusiastic about him, and were doing a lot of talking about their excitement to whomever would listen (constituting a gigantic force multiplier). This carried over to the 15%, who then voted for the candidate for whom they saw lots of excitement from his supporters.

Yes!

rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This thread is beginning to stray from the original topic.

Here is the interview.

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You might remember well when we took that approach in 1964. It was the biggest Republican/Conservative disaster in the GOP's history. The joke was GOP stood for Going Out Permanently.

I see an exact parallel to this forming now.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/08/09/what-would-barry-goldwater-do/

Tea Party candidates do well in the strongly conservative local...LOCAL...pockets, but nationally the Tea party isn't a winner, sadly enough.

I'm not happy that the message back then was The Biggest Loser, and I'm not happy now that nothing has changed.

We're once again going down the road of the Goldwater model, and it's a road to a monumental defeat, snatched from the jaws of victory.

Politically, I'm not one bit moderate, but I am pragmatic. Until we find us another Ronald Reagan, who was very much a moderate in his administration, we're doomed to a Dem in the White House.

http://www.oregonlive.com/opinion/index.ssf/2010/08/before_there_was_a_tea_party_t.html

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Tea Party candidates would do well to stick with their message and not be swayed by what Pollsters tell them. Even many Democrats will believe the message when said in a clear and concise manner:

ie "The Constitution does not authorize that action by the Federal Government"

NRA Life Member
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
I voted for Goldwater in �64.

That election was about the ghost of Kenney.

As they say�Goldwater won.

Just took 16 years (Reagan) to count the votes.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Believe it or not�
Starting with the puppies for Vets in Iowa last Friday, I�m losing track of all the Palin stuff.
Nothing like a good book tour to get the Hockey Mom down from Wasilla�

From C4P
Video/Radio: All Five of Governor Palin's Interviews In New York City 11/11/13

I picked these quotes as the best of the bunch:

Palin to Newsmax: Americans Can Make US Strong Again
Monday, 11 Nov 2013 09:32 PM
By Bill Hoffmann and Joe Concha

Sarah Palin says that Americans have the ability to make the United States strong again, and that developments such as the re-election of New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and the growing realization that the Democratic Party is led by "far leftists" are steps in the right direction.

"I'm trying to empower the American public, to remind them they have a voice � that if they stiffen their spines and stand for what they believe in, they'll see that other spines around them are stiffened, too, and that we then, together, can put this country back on the right course," Palin, former governor of Alaska, told Newsmax TV.

"We don't have to be a country that is bankrupt, that has this miserable economy, and that has freedoms being eroded out from under us. We can get back to American exceptionalism if we all do our part."

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
I picked these quotes as to her take on Christie:

One positive development, she says, is the strong showing Christie made in winning a second term as the Garden State's top elected official.

"Hey, a Republican governor in a blue state. Right on! It beats the alternative. I'm happy for New Jersey," she said.

"Hopefully, [Christie will] understand that we need to make government, all levels, especially the federal government, as irrelevant in our lives as possible and empower the people to make decisions for themselves and spend their income the way they desire and manage their healthcare the way they desire."
Palin does, however, share concerns with other conservatives that Christie may be way too liberal to be handed the Republican nomination for president in 2016.

"How would he do in a presidential race? How would he do nationwide? That remains to be seen because so many Americans, me included, me being a proud participant in that grassroots movement that is referred to as the tea party, we are tired of politicians . . . vacillating on some very fundamental issues . . ." said Palin, who was Sen. John McCain's GOP running mate in the 2008 presidential race.

"I just absolutely want to make sure the next GOP candidate can so excite and encourage and empower the American people that we want to get out there and vote for [them],. . . their message and their agenda instead of just voting against the statist, big-government, socialized policies that, no doubt, the far-left Democrat will be representing. We want something to vote for, not just against."

Breitbart News: Breitbart TV
http://www.breitbart.com/breitbart-tv
by Tony Lee 11 Nov 2013
On Fox News's Hannity Monday, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin said Republican New Jersey Governor Chris Christie's record on Second Amendment issues was going to be "tough" to overcome with conservatives.

She said Christie was "flirtin' with disaster" when it comes to "trying to win over Constitutionalists regarding the Second Amendment."

Appearing on the program to discuss her new book, Good Tidings and Great Joy: Protecting the Heart of Christmas, which gives Americans tools to combat the angry scrooges who are waging a "war on Christmas," Palin also acknowledged that she was happy a blue state like New Jersey had a Republican governor in Christie, who is better than a Democrat who would more fully embrace President Barack Obama's agenda.

Christie will most likely run for the Republican nomination for president in 2016, and Palin said Republicans "don't have to settle for any candidate or politicians" who just "go along to get along" with an "agenda that stifles the economy or strips us of our freedoms that are constitutionally protected."

After saying it was "unnecessary" for Christie to so thoroughly embrace Obama after Hurricane Sandy in 2012, Palin warned that she would question the "commitment to free markets and freedom that has made America such an exceptional nation" of any Republican candidate who would "support these policies of Barack Obama when it comes to granting amnesty for illegal aliens, thwarting our Second Amendment rights, growing our national debt."

Last edited by BOWSINGER; 11/12/13.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
yall see where matt lauer dressed up as a womern on Halloween? on his show..?? He dressed as pamela anderson baywatch days. I guess he tucked his weiner under (if he has one)

what an idiot

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (10gaugemag, 6MMWASP, 673, 79S, 2ndwind, 8 invisible), 1,757 guests, and 819 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,759
Posts18,514,950
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.