Page 1,235 of 1,842 1 2 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1841 1842
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Good work Charlie,

That is minute of deer !

Did you try the fusions, or stick with what you were previously shooting.

Either way, great result.

I'm pullin for ya to drop one with the old girl. smile

Paul.

No luck on the Fusions. I went to 5 different stores and there's hardly any ammo of any caliber at all. Guess the shortage along with 750,000 hunters hitting the woods Friday kinda wipes out inventory. So I have to use what I have on hand. I'll work with her after the season, but for now she's fine for anything within 100 yards. Minute of Deer...I like that!

Good shooting Ryan! It's been a good year for you. Yer gonna need a bigger freezer!

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Congrats Ryan.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Good work Charlie,

That is minute of deer !

Did you try the fusions, or stick with what you were previously shooting.

Either way, great result.

I'm pullin for ya to drop one with the old girl. smile

Paul.

No luck on the Fusions. I went to 5 different stores and there's hardly any ammo of any caliber at all. Guess the shortage along with 750,000 hunters hitting the woods Friday kinda wipes out inventory. So I have to use what I have on hand. I'll work with her after the season, but for now she's fine for anything within 100 yards. Minute of Deer...I like that!

Good shooting Ryan! It's been a good year for you. Yer gonna need a bigger freezer!
Would you like me to check around up here in the Twin Cities for you today? I certainly could. Next day ship them so you'd have them in time for this weekend. Let me know.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Thanks man, but I think I'm good. If'n I see da turty poinner, he's a gonner! Lol!

Leaving for camp in an hour. Hope not to see any computer or UPS man for a week! Although the latter will probably show up at my house delivering all the trinkets my wife orders while I'm gone. Last deer season I came home to seventeen decorator pillows on our bed. That does something to a man.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
seventeen pillows? wtf do you need a bed for if you got that many pillows?

grin

Something clever here.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LOL

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nice Job Ryan,

Bet the little fella was as stoked as you !

Good eating there man.

Paul.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
he sure was. kept asking if we could have deer for supper when we got home.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
he sure was. kept asking if we could have deer for supper when we got home.

Good Job and deep fried tenderloin sprinkled with garlic salt is the shizzit! I believe they call that chislic in South Dakoty

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Last deer season I came home to seventeen decorator pillows on our bed. That does something to a man.

That is freakin hilarious! WTF would you do with 17 pillows on the bed? Throw them on the floor every night?

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So I hit this property in Lakeville I recently got permission to hunt again this morning. Lots of cut trails running everywhere-still doing recon to sort things out. Posted for about an hour and a half this morning, and then walked a couple more trails. Come around a curve in this trail, look to my left and there's a buck standing eyeballilng me. 'Unsling the 870 off my shoulder and bring it into position just as I hear "please don't shoot the decoy!" Never even saw the guy. I was just about shaking from an "Oh Schidt" moment. Took about 5 steps towards the decoy and finally saw the guy up in a portable stand. He had camo burlap up around him and dropped it down so I could see his orange. Rut's done around here-why's he hunting over a decoy?

'First time I ever encountered a decoy in the woods, and I was probably within less than a second of shooting it. 'Gotta be much more careful from now on. Lesson learned.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Freaky moment for sure. I'll have to respectfully disagree that the rut is over. I believe its just getting started. Now is the time to be rattling and grunting and using decoy's if that's your thing.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Sorry gopher but... that's pretty damn funny. lol!

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Decoys are evil and can damn near get ya killed!!!!!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'm having trouble typing this....I need a Kleenex. Much laughter here. laugh sorry Jeff, but that's funny. Crazy to do that on public land. Plain dumb to wrap yourself in burlap on public land or landmotjers are hunting.

I can't make fun of you too bad though. If I saw a buck in the woods while I was hunting, I'd raise my gun on it too!

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I got my hands on a muzzle loader last night. A smoking deal would even begin to do the deal justice. It's a TC Impact. A low end line of muzzle loader from tc.

So today I picked up some bullets, powder and I had some primers from years past. It's windy as hell again today and I didn't have a lot of time or high hopes for getting dialed in on a short time frame. I used 100gr of 777, and 300gr TC bullets. Shot 1 at 50 yards was just off the 4" circle. I almost adjusted the sights but thought I'd take one more first. Shot 2,3,and 4 were in the black, about 1" high of center. I cleaned it and took one more poke...1" lower than the others and about 1" left of center. I never touched the sights. It's minute of deer as far as I'm concerned.

So find us a REAL buck Gopher! laugh

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I will also agree with Rooster. The bucks should be gettin pretty riled up this weekend. Mr. Jeff and I are going to pop one.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
I just went to Gander and got the paperwork started on a Rem 870 12 ga slug gun.

I have shot counteless deer with my old Winchester ranger smooth bore bird barrel with improved cylinder choke and rifled slugs but last Sunday I had a BIG coyote at 40 yards facing away. 1st shot - Miss. Now he running back towards me and out about 20 yards. Next 4 shots. MISS, MISS, MISS, MISS. The shots were close and kicking dirt on the dog as he ran but it was frustrating.

SO I'm finally breaking down and buying myself an actual slug gun with a rifled barrel that will shoot sabots accurately out to 100 yards. I can't be missing coyotes for cripes sake!

grin

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by big drift
Decoys are evil and can damn near get ya killed!!!!!

I have a Boss Buck decoy that I have tried bowhunting without much success. I don't use it during gun season and tried it for muzzleloader last year in a low spot in the middle of a CRP field behind my house where nobody can see it from the road.

Using one on public land during gun season is just asking to get shots coming in your direction.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Just heard from my son. He shot a heavy horned 4 X 5 Muley in CO this morning.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
Page 1,235 of 1,842 1 2 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 16penny, 57 invisible), 2,273 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,391
Posts18,488,753
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.