Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
J
jmv375 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
I am looking for a Ruger Hawkeye African in 9.3x62.

Anybody out there can provide any leads or may know of one for sale...?

Thanks,
JMV375
Macomb, MI

[email protected]

GB1

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I just looked on Ruger's website and did not see one offered. Are you looking for a custom build? Would be a great offering though! Kevin

And we know that all things work for the good for those who love The Lord, who have been called according to his purpose.
Romans 8-28
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
There was one for sale in the classifieds here on the campfire in the last couple of days.... may still be there.

Last edited by Alectoris; 11/14/13.
J
jmv375 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Its gone I waited too long...

JMV375

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sorry you lucked out. That sure is a fine caliber.

IC B2

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
I have one and it is an outstanding combination and really accurate. Love mine to bits, hope you find one.

Experience is something you get, just after you needed it.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Take a look at the Sako 85 Black Bear (they also make a wood stocked version) in 9.3x62. Africa ready in every respect and a real shooter. Weight, balance, trigger pull, iron sights, barrel band, etcetera are all first rate.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My ruger hawkeye predator in .223 is the most accurate factory off the shelf rifle I've ever owned.

A good friend of mine shoots it in 22/250 and his is the most accurate rifle he had ever owned.

If this is the trend with the hawkeye, it's the best value going on a rifle today.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Ok, I'll add to the pile grin. While my African is in 375 R, it is...not, the most accurate I've had, but it's right in there. As it comes OTC, it is really is one of the best values today IMO.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just for your consideration, bought another Husqvarna 9.3X62 yesterday. That is the third one.

Have nothing in particular against the Ruger rifles, however my not so humble opinion is that the old Husqvarnas are a superior rifle, and perhaps can be bought down your way for less than a Ruger.

Ted

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I love my 9,3 Hawkeye African. I've had 9,3X62 in a CZ, several 98-actioned Husqvarnas, a custom on a VZ-24 action with Bauska barrel, and a semi-custon from Mike McCabe in Colorado...the best rifle of all of them, built out of a Husqvarna but with a 1912 Steyr action and all trued and re-heat treated.

My Ruger African is a Very close second to the McCabe gun, which is very high praise.

Best of luck in finding one. Several awfully good ones were offered here in the last few months.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There is no better or safer safety design on any gun then the ruger

As a PH with people I don't know well, packing a rifle with a chambered round, Rugers tend to be more comforting to me in the hands of unknown sportsman

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Why not put an add down in the adds section of the campfire, and accuratereloading.

Ghost
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I looked everywhere for a Ruger African in a 9.3x62. I have a 358 Win Hawkeye and it is probably the favorite of all rifles. I finally gave up and got a CZ 550 American with kevlar stock. It was very accurate right out of the box and shoulders well, but the action is a bit stiff. I know it with loosen up with time, but I would still have preferred a Ruger.

Start young, hunt hard, and enjoy God's bounty.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I love my Rugers, but don't think a hawkeye would shoot as accurately (consistently) as my CZ550 american. However, I do agree with JJHack about the Ruger M77 having the better/user friendly safety on it. That's my only complaint with my CZ. One of these days it will be changed out with a real wing type 3 position safety. donsm70 has a real nice Ruger African 9.3x62mm. I'm surprised he hasn't given his 2 cents worth to this thread...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You can give these people a call and see if it is for real?

http://www.impactguns.com/rifles.aspx?Manufacturer=Ruger&Caliber=9+3x62mm+Mauser

best of luck
8mmwapiti

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I love my Rugers, but don't think a hawkeye would shoot as accurately (consistently) as my CZ550 american. However, I do agree with JJHack about the Ruger M77 having the better/user friendly safety on it. That's my only complaint with my CZ. One of these days it will be changed out with a real wing type 3 position safety. donsm70 has a real nice Ruger African 9.3x62mm. I'm surprised he hasn't given his 2 cents worth to this thread...

I have a CZ 550 Lux and a Ruger African in 9.3x62. I would rate the CZ maybe slightly more accurate with a wider range of loads though it shows a preference for 286's. The Ruger seems to prefer 250's - both rifles are well under MOA with preferred loads. The Ruger stock fits me better and is more comfortable to shoot so gets more use.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Anybody who claims Ruger rifles aren't accurate proves they haven't shot any for a number of years.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by JGray
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

I have a CZ 550 Lux and a Ruger African in 9.3x62. I would rate the CZ maybe slightly more accurate with a wider range of loads though it shows a preference for 286's. The Ruger seems to prefer 250's - both rifles are well under MOA with preferred loads. The Ruger stock fits me better and is more comfortable to shoot so gets more use.

The LUX humpback stock looks uncomfortable to me. My 550 American is older with a more traditional looking stock, which is very comfortable to shoot in all positions. The Hawkeye is a beautiful rifle and I'm sure it handles great. One more thing worth mentioning is the mag on the ruger holds 4 vs. 5 in the CZ550 American. It would be a toss up for me as to which one I'd choose...

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Anybody who claims Ruger rifles aren't accurate proves they haven't shot any for a number of years.

Honest question JB. You have a CZ550 american much like mine. How does that compare in accuracy vs. the ruger Hawkeye African 9.3x62? Be honest in your evaluation. It's funny, I just went back and re-read the posts and didn't see anyone badmouthing Rugers for poor accuracy????

BSA MAGA
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (12344mag, 222Sako, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 007FJ, 60 invisible), 1,745 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,122
Posts18,522,927
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.