-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hendricks has the mental edge. His college career, spent under the tutelage of one of the greatest "mano a mano" wrestlers of all time (John Smith at Oklahoma State University) will be the deciding factor in this "fight." The wrestling/takedown skills of Hendricks will be the difference.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Robbie Lawler and Rorie MacDonald is going to be bringing some tough entertainment as well. They both impress me. They have grown up with mma and both need to win to move up. Tough young men. MacDonald is skilled beyond he age. Lawler just likes to beat up people.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
He might if he don't go broke.

Ken Kesey was a champion collegiate wrestler,...then he went broke and took a job consuming LSD fer $25 a week.

Then he bought a bus,....afterwards people started wandering around Haight Ashbury,...then Charles Manson got out of prison fer 6 months,..and things got kinda wonky from then on.

Fortunately,...Reagan got elected and every white person with an IQ over 40 got locked up.

Freedom woulda fugged up this country eventually.

We all need to fall on our knees and give thanks that it didn't.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Cowboy Cerrone and Evan Dunne should bring a good fight. I really like watching Cowboy bring it.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm interested in seeing how Hendricks looks going into the later rounds. In most of his fights, he starts to fade around the time the third round rolls around. This will be particularly important if GSP makes this a grappling match.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
IC B2

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Should be a great night of fights.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I see GSP keeping Johnny at bay with jabs. Hendricks has been reading his own press too much and wants to rely on his "one punch power" too much, a la Hendo. When he comes in hard leaning forward winging that big punch, GSP will duck right under, power shoot and put him on his back and control him. No way Hendricks out wrestles George.

Unfortunately, I don't see GSP finishing the fight, as usual. Still doesn't detract from his greatness...just his excitement.

Hopefully, Rory fights to win this time and not to lose like his last stink fest of a 'fight'.

Looking forward to the Cerrone fight. He's always been one of my faves from back in the WEC days. Unfortunately, he seems to have lost some of his aggressiveness which has cost him the last few. He does much better when he's proactive.

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
FWIW I Googled Fandango and found a theater that was showing it at $15 instead of $50 at home. I'm going to give that a try.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
-Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The title of this thread begs the question.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The title of this thread begs the question.

Good logical argument observation. Who do you think will win?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I see it as 50-50 with the mental and wrestling edge to Hendricks.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I'm picking Hendricks, Chael Sonnen, McDonald and Cerrone.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
-Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The one factor I did not take into consideration was the politics of Nevada fight commission. I should have known, a state like Harry Reid's Nevada, was as corrupt and/or incompetent as they come when it boils down to judging.

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Don't know what you're talking about??? I have memory loss.....I ha e to step away for a bit

Please God, give me some good tags this year....
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

244 members (1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 27 invisible), 2,141 guests, and 914 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,515,003
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.