Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Ask me a question . . . grin

This vineyard was started by the oil barons of the early 20th Century. A hidden treasure

Drumwright OK

My grandma and grandpa used to live here. Don't get me started. This wine is very smooth, but only sold in Oklahoma (by law)

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Very cool! What do they ask for a bottle of the Cab?

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Bought my first bottle at the Oklahoma State Fair and had it in my cooler, Just opened it and it is the best tasting wine I have sampled in the past month (Italian, French and Napa Valley included) I think it was less than $20 bucks. I'm heading over to Drumwright to stock up though. This is truly delicious Cab! The lable on the bottle says sold only in Oklahoma. Not sure how that works for out of state buyers. I may have to start a small export business here on the "Fire"

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Is it a blend or vintage?

I'm more of a wino than a beer drinker and am always looking for good reds.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
If you check out the website you will be able to see the vintage of the vines. This is "old" big oil money that started this vineyard, unlike "spanky's" 15 acre Oregon deal! grin

Spank you know I'm just funni'n 'cause I love your adventure!

IC B2

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
That's good stuff, had a bottle of that and some Oklahoma Sweet
tonight.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My Grandpa lived in Drumright and worked in the oil fields. He also was in Shamrock Oklahoma just down the road for about 15 years.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would love a tasting report on Cynthiana/Norton.

http://www.doubleavineyards.com/p-679-norton-cynthiana.aspx

Norton (also known as Cynthiana) is a natural hybrid of Labrusca and Aestivalis and is often referred to as "the Cabernet of the Ozarks". Norton produces small to medium clusters of firm, round, black berries that ripen very late and require a warm growing season. Excellent disease resistance. Norton produces a rich, medium to full-bodied red wine with a dry character similar in style to Cabernet Sauvignon, but with more spice.

I am a conservative with a lowercase "c".

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 257 roberts, 204guy, 55 invisible), 2,424 guests, and 1,190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,775
Posts18,515,691
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.