M
Originally Posted by JWGross
JH got robbed!!!

Absolutely

Ringman Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The best I could give George was two rounds.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I thought he won 3 but if they fight again, I think I'll be on Hendricks. Loved his attitude, he was loving every minute of that fight.

I didn't think Hendricks did enough to upset the champion, but it was a great fight.

Last edited by huntinaz; 11/16/13.

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
All three judges did rounds 2, 3, 4, and 5 exactly the same
2 gave GSP round 1,
1 gave JH round 1, Extremely close fight. My feeling is that you have to beat the champion DECISIVELY and JH fought a good fight but it doesn't have anything to do with who came out looking the best. I agree if it happens again I think JH will be decisive. That's IF there is another fight. Sounds like GSP may be hanging it up for a while.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by JWGross
JH got robbed!!!

Yeap... 100%

John
=
Waterfowler at hart along with my late Baydog 9/26/20 ..
=
=
Striving to be turdlike.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Sure my opinion means dick....but what a farce. UFC gone the way of pro boxing

Staged and rigged. The way Rogan had the lead on an illiterate GSP "Go ahead, is there something you want to say"????

"I've had some memory loss...."

What a crock. I've lost all faith and credibility in the UFC. Did McMahon buy out the Fertittas?

Please God, give me some good tags this year....
Ringman Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Every once in awhile I think the same thing.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
did any of you guys see dana whites interview after the fight, he was P I S S E D. He basically called the nevada state athletic commission on the carpet. Saying they were corrupt. Sounds like he's really saying that hes going to move his base out of las vegas. He also said GSP lost that fight and hendricks won. On top of that, he said GSP OWES hendricks a rematch

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I didnt. But I read a few of his quotes via Google search.

I fell victim to getting emotionally invested. Like what Hendricks stands for and who he is.

But it's bad when you want the fight with a room full of GSP fans and the "have a little bit of memory loss" and all agree Hendricks won the fight.

So at the onset Rogan claims that he feels Hendricks won the fight. Then pulls head from ass and realizes who pays him, then quantifies with Goldberg the judging system is very complex and hard to understand. Oopsy. Did Dana text him to STFU??

Please God, give me some good tags this year....
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Jesse Jaymes

Staged and rigged. The way Rogan had the lead on an illiterate GSP "Go ahead, is there something you want to say"????

"I've had some memory loss...."

What a crock. I've lost all faith and credibility in the UFC. Did McMahon buy out the Fertittas?

---------------------------------------------------------------

I've felt this way for quite some time now.

Saw a TV program about the corruption in PRIDE ,one fighter said he saw a fighter receive a brown paper bag full of $100 bills before a fight .
Just saying.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
I thought this was a thread about German Shorthair Pointers...

RS

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Me too.

"The 270 Winchester is the consumate mountain cartridge and everything else just eats its dust and chases its tail from the standpoint of days on the mountain and hoofs in the air....."BobinNH
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Here ya go

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Clearly there are a lot of amateur fans here. It doesn't help that a lot of people were rooting for the underdog against a champ who has defended his title for years. Everyone likes to see new blood emerge. Hendricks is also a very likable, everyday kinda guy.

But you don't dethrone a champ with a razor close split decision. I like JH but lost a little respect for him with his post fight whine. Don't leave it in the hands of the judges and then cry over the decision which, BTW, is something that fat bag of hot air, Dana White, is always preaching.

For those who whine about the decision or make wild claims of corruption I can only point you toward an intelligent article about the fight and hope you can learn...

GSP-Hendricks Numbers

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I agree with the article. The 10 point must system was more at fault than the judges.

I had round 1 even, 2 and 4 to Hendricks, 3 and 5 to GSP. Hendricks won 2 and 4 better than GSP won 3 and 5. But te 10 point must system does not care.

GSP won round 1 by a pubic hair, and retired(?).

Good fight tho'

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
BMT #8263393 11/17/13
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I thought it was an ok fight and was even rooting for JH but by round 3 he wasn't going for the knock out he kept saying made him the man. Even later in the press conference he said he was only going 70% and was still hurting GSP. Dana said, "I guess you should have gone 100% and finished the fight". The judges seemed to base the scoring on "substantial strikes" which isn't supposed to be the whole story. Bottom line was Dana WAS P I S S E D about the athletic commission (he said if the governor didn't step in the athletic commission would ruin the sport the same way they ruined boxing, and that he was afraid to have fights there because there isn't any way too make it a fair fight), about GSP just announcing he was going to hang up his gloves and take some time off, he said it doesn't work that way. GSP OWED Hendricks another fight. I did loose a lot of respect for Hendricks with all his whining and at the same time say he was going about 70%. How many times has Dana said "Don't leave it in the hands of the Judges and then complain about the outcome." There were still some good fights on the card

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I thought it was a great fight. I felt the rounds went with GSP getting 3 and JH getting the 2...I think JH got the 2 more substantially, but if it goes to the judges it doesn't matter.

I didn't listen to any comments, no interviews, watched the fight replay. I didn't hear Dana's comment's but GSP doesn't own anyone anything. I'd love to see them fight again, but Dana should ask rather than demand.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
It starts @ 12:15.. On Joe Rogans pod cast GSP said something about Aliens kidnapping when he was younger{ or something like that}....

John
=
Waterfowler at hart along with my late Baydog 9/26/20 ..
=
=
Striving to be turdlike.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (10gaugemag, 1minute, 160user, 1234, 219 Wasp, 222Sako, 62 invisible), 2,545 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,790
Posts18,515,999
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.