Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by norm99
Originally Posted by pira114
I actually wear both. Dickies makes a good set of suspenders that hook onto your belt.

I started with them for hiking and hunting, and now wear them most anytime I'm wearing jeans.

It's very comfortable. Belt can be a tad looser while the suspenders keep everything up where it belongs.

Definitely not classy though. They're for "work" or very casual dress. I don't like my jeans to fit tight. Especially when hunting. I have big legs and a bit of a gut. So comfortable jeans, slightly loose belt, and Dickies suspenders. Perfect combo for comfort. I don't care about style at all.

Walmart had them for about $10.

My normal when carrying heavier handguns in an inside the waist band holster.

this
norm

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by atvalaska
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Didn't used to be much of an issue to knock off 20 lbs,...but once ya hit 50 years old,..you got to eat less than your skinny ass cat to take off any weight.

Funny, I eat like any other normal person does, and because of "messed up hormones" I have gone down three pant sizes in just about 12 weeks, Doctor is not a happy camper, he can't seem to get it under control, and I am a ripe 52 years old. I bought new jeans about 10 days ago, and they are sliding down every time I move, maybe it's just a woman thing, maybe I need suspenders, that might just be an idea wink
miss lynn blush I'd chase u over a 5 wire fence......if'in I had a good pair of suspenders to keep me britches up grin

I might just slow up a bit and let you catch me blush

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Didn't used to be much of an issue to knock off 20 lbs,...but once ya hit 50 years old,..you got to eat less than your skinny ass cat to take off any weight.

Funny, I eat like any other normal person does, and because of "messed up hormones" I have gone down three pant sizes in just about 12 weeks, Doctor is not a happy camper, and I am a little scared, can't afford to lose weight like this, but he can't seem to get it under control, and I am a ripe 52 years old. I bought new jeans about 10 days ago, and they are sliding down every time I move, maybe it's just a woman thing, maybe I need suspenders, that might just be an idea wink

Maybe with a few pics we can discover the problem areas grin

The beatings will continue until morale improves
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
laugh laugh cool[Linked Image]

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by gitem_12

Crossbreed holsters makes a goodnheavy belt with abthin kydex stiffener in the middle. Mine is almost teo years old and has held up great

Thanks,

I will give em a look.

Originally Posted by W7ACT
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Very interesting thread.

I never had an ass or hips to hold up a belt with any weight on it. Now that the belly is pushing down harder than the hips and butt are pushing up, the situation ain't improving.

I am looking for a (regular belt in the belt loops) belt/spenders combination in which the suspenders actually lock into the belt, for the carrying of a large frame revolver on a belt holster.

I have been considering having something custom built which would attach to a good leather belt just at the front and back of the right hip and cross over the left shoulder. It might or might not have a dozen or so cartridge loops to fit a 41 mag.

Any thoughts?

Again I suggest Hickman Saddlery. They make an excellent belt loop suspender.

[Linked Image]

Yes, I saw that recommendation earlier and have perused their web page extensively. I like that belt loop design a lot.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
By the far the best suspenders are from the Hold Up Suspender Company.

I have worn suspenders for years now, many different styles and types ever since the pants went south while walking through the break room at work with both hands full of paperwork.

Listen to BrotherBart about the holdup suspenders. They have a cam lock and a needle sharp center pin that will not let you or your pants down.

Joel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wear camouflage suspenders that I buy at Walmart most every day but I do have some dress up ones that are lighter. These clip on you jeans and hold pretty good. Only time I have had one come loose is when I hang the clip on something. I have thought about the button ones but every pair of jeans would have to have buttons sewn on and I guess I am just too lazy to do that. I get lots of positive comments on my suspenders. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I think about suspenders, Bob Beckel comes to mind.

I think about Justin Wilson. horse joke miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I may have to try those hold ups

I am an N.R.A. Life Member,you should be to.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (1badf350, 1minute, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 117LBS, 1Longbow, 60 invisible), 2,355 guests, and 1,339 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,162
Posts18,503,015
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.