Print Thread
Hop To
K
kutenay Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
CHEK News, out of Victoria, BC, is just reporting that some eight bull Elk, have been found, killed and left, with only a small amount of edible meat taken.

These are, they state, from small herds which are NOT open to legal hunting and, btw, the tone of their report on this was VERY factual and respectful to hunting/hunters.

I recall in 1986/87, while I was working on a CCG "Light Station" off the V.I. coast and the "Shaw Creek" Elk herd, planted by volunteer local F&G clubs, was nearly exterminated by this sort of thing.

It turned out to be a certain minority group who subsequently were given special quotas of the Elk introduced by local conservationists.......

I wonder WHO is slaughtering these vulnerable animals, NOW?????

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
kutenay;
Good evening sir, I trust other than the bad news on the elk that this finds you and yours well tonight.

Man I hate to hear things like that story.

Somehow if the poachers are taking the meat I'm less upset with them. Not that it makes it better, I'm just rationalizing in an admittedly faulty way is all.

We had some malignant rectal orifice shooting moose and leaving them here about two decades back. I recall finding 3 dead cows one season alone.

As noted, the Vancouver Island herd isn't of the size that it can stand 8 bulls taken out like that either.

Anyway kutenay, the elk poaching notwithstanding, I hope you and yours have a good week.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Probably natives again.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 378Canuck
Probably natives again.

Ya, most likely because we all know whites and Asians never get caught doing stuff like that. It is always those danged natives it is a wonder we have any game left at all with them having access to high powered rifles and 4x4s these days...some stewards of the land.

K
kutenay Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Sadly, and in most regions of BC, over the decades I have hunted and also worked for resource agencies here, CanuckShooter's attempt at sarcasm is actually more a statement of WHO IS responsible for so much of THIS particular type of poaching.

The FACT is that, in the "Shaw Creek" debacle of the late 20thC., the local tribe, "Nootkas" at first lied about it, denying ALL responsibility for ANY killing of the Elk, planted there BY local, taxpaying CANADIANS, some of whom MAY be of Asian or partially Asian ethnic origin, and, later, confessed to the foul deed by some of their members.

They, were NOT given any strictures for such a vile deed(s), by our gutless and traitorous governments, no, they were given quotas of the surviving Elk.......

NOW, I am NOT stating HERE, that these specific Elk, WERE killed and left by the aborigines or any other specific group/individual; I am concerned as to WHO did this and WHAT can/will be done about it.

I tend to doubt that this WAS ...Asians... as they USUALLY target Sturgeon, some other fishes and Black Bears, for their galls. It is all too easy for someone of with a small amount of aboriginal blood, to blame ...Asians... for all of the ills of BC, but, there are certain indications of WHO does/did some types of poaching, based on the physical evidence.

Local, "White" poachers. when THEY kill an Elk or Moose, usually remove all of the edible meat as obtaining this is the motivation for MOST of their poaching.

Some, a Portuguese, immigrant now living in the Lower Mainland, was convicted of many counts of THIS, kill for "trophies" and are, sadly, NOT punished as they should be, instant deportation and/or life imprisonment seem just fine, IMO.

So, I hope to see a major public outcry over this and other such disgusting incidents and I hope it DOES cause outraged public opinion to force changes in BC environmental management and in changing the current bullsh!t regs. that allow special "rights" for any group(s).

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter
Originally Posted by 378Canuck
Probably natives again.

Ya, most likely because we all know whites and Asians never get caught doing stuff like that. It is always those danged natives it is a wonder we have any game left at all with them having access to high powered rifles and 4x4s these days...some stewards of the land.
Most Asians I know are Budhist, so they don't eat large animals, they prefer pork and chicken same as the Chinese although the latter have no religious beliefs other than the money God. Most everyone wites included, I know couldn't be bothered to hunt in regular hunting season in BC, let alone off season. Of course during off season we see cars/ trucks full of natives with rifles poking out the window driving up and down logging roads and other private lands.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've heard your Asian buddies quite enjoy abalone, oysters and clams too...

What Kootnay posted describes some pretty vile deeds.....and really at this point all we can do is speculate who was involved. The whole point is that this type of thing isn't exclusive to natives, and as has been pointed out they usually hunt when our general open seasons are closed.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kutenay
Sadly, and in most regions of BC, over the decades I have hunted and also worked for resource agencies here, CanuckShooter's attempt at sarcasm is actually more a statement of WHO IS responsible for so much of THIS particular type of poaching.

The FACT is that, in the "Shaw Creek" debacle of the late 20thC., the local tribe, "Nootkas" at first lied about it, denying ALL responsibility for ANY killing of the Elk, planted there BY local, taxpaying CANADIANS, some of whom MAY be of Asian or partially Asian ethnic origin, and, later, confessed to the foul deed by some of their members.

They, were NOT given any strictures for such a vile deed(s), by our gutless and traitorous governments, no, they were given quotas of the surviving Elk.......

NOW, I am NOT stating HERE, that these specific Elk, WERE killed and left by the aborigines or any other specific group/individual; I am concerned as to WHO did this and WHAT can/will be done about it.

I tend to doubt that this WAS ...Asians... as they USUALLY target Sturgeon, some other fishes and Black Bears, for their galls. It is all too easy for someone of with a small amount of aboriginal blood, to blame ...Asians... for all of the ills of BC, but, there are certain indications of WHO does/did some types of poaching, based on the physical evidence.

Local, "White" poachers. when THEY kill an Elk or Moose, usually remove all of the edible meat as obtaining this is the motivation for MOST of their poaching.

Some, a Portuguese, immigrant now living in the Lower Mainland, was convicted of many counts of THIS, kill for "trophies" and are, sadly, NOT punished as they should be, instant deportation and/or life imprisonment seem just fine, IMO.

So, I hope to see a major public outcry over this and other such disgusting incidents and I hope it DOES cause outraged public opinion to force changes in BC environmental management and in changing the current bullsh!t regs. that allow special "rights" for any group(s).

Agreed, it's about time the average joe got the same rights as the wealthy clients of BCs guide outfitters. If we have to apply for our tags through LEH, so should they. Why should some wealthy trophy hunter be allowed to buy a bull moose tag in our prime areas while year after year we don't get a draw?? I also don't agree with special hunting rights for bow hunters....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
some years ago I found a 2year old bull killed up near a abandoned mine site near Chemainus on VAN ISL. nothing taken just left same time line as before. mad
norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
GRAPHIC IMAGES: Vancouver Island First Nation offers $25,000 reward for information on elk slaughter

http://globalnews.ca/news/1007635/1007635/

IC B3

K
kutenay Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Interesting, as this is EXACTLY what this same group, the "Nootka Tribe" did in the "Shaw Creek" debacle mentioned above. They "offered" a "reward" of, as usual, our TAX monies and, eventually, some of their own members were found to have done the foul deeds.

I suspect, but, actually HOPE I am wrong, that this is what has happened in the latest incident and ONLY a complete change in hunting regs./access/behaviour for ALL BC residents and others will change this appalling situation.

With the recent announcement of the genetical markers found in various groups of WESTERN EUROPEAN ancestry, dating 24,000 BP, it is time to end the bullsh!t of allowing SOME people in Canada, certain special "rights" where hunting/fishing or any other aspect of life is concerned.

If not, the eventual conflicts WILL be a terrible time for this minority special interest group, all of the foolish rhetoric of their "chiefs" notwithstanding.

In any event, I hope that whomever did this is caught and an example made, one that will scare others so badly that such disgusting behaviour is never seen again.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sooooo how do you determine if the reward being offered is proposed to be paid with OUR tax monies?? Has the privy council office opened up the doors to news grants of some kind?? If so I know several aboriginal groups that would like to get a finger in that pot. ;-)

Interestingly enough I've only heard of a reward being offered by this First Nations band, while everyone else has been strangely quiet. I guess it is easier to see who really cares now eh?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council is made up of 14 First Nations from the west coast of Vancouver Island.
==============================================================
VICTORIA � The Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council, representing 14 First Nations along the west coast of Vancouver Island, has been awarded $96,200 to establish and operate a tsunami debris cleanup program.

The successful proposal was made by the Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council, in partnership with community liaisons and leaders, as part of the ongoing effort to monitor, clean up and dispose of tsunami debris in their traditional territory.

The Tribal Council and the Ministry of Environment have signed an agreement for a cleanup program totalling $154,200. Funding includes $58,000 from the Nations and their partners through in-kind contributions and $96,200 from funding generously provided by the Japanese government.

This Tribal council is doing good work on Vancouver Island...it's good to see so much good stewardship going on.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The selling of salmon by natives to Asians, whites on the west coast maybe well be a multi million dollar racket, so they have lots of money.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

330 members (06hunter59, 160user, 1badf350, 163bc, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 29 invisible), 1,378 guests, and 1,018 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,216
Posts18,524,404
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.