Hop To
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
That Oregon water is at it again..

Thanks for that insightful update there Mr Orange County...

also refer to my above post...

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
The neighbor sounds like an asswhole.

out west here we call them California Transplants...

not insinuating all of them are like that, just enough to give the rest of them a bad name....

I have a neighborhood full of them...

sometimes it is the only social life they have... especially when it is retirement age...

I have never had any of those sort of problems with my neighbours as those I did not like did me the courtesy of avoiding me like the plague, and the rest have been terrific.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Where I am from we have someone known as a "fence viewer". In the event of property line disputes the fence viewer can be called in and he will determine what is to be done and who will assume the costs, regardless of the opinions of the individual home owners. Unresolved differences at this point then go to court.

Years ago I had a neighbour who wanted to plant a hedge along a common property line. I was not supportive because I dislike having to frequently trim large mature hedges. I offered to share the cost of a good wood fence. No deal, his wife would not be happy with anything other than a hedge. As a compromise he offered to do all the trimming to which I agreed.

He was as good as his word for about 7 years until they divorced. For a couple of years after he left his wife arranged for the hedge trimming. Then it stopped.

One long weekend she came home just after I had spent about 3 hours trimming the g-d hedge. Chirpy as heck she asked how I was doing. She got real uppity after I told her what my opinion was of her and her hedge and the fact I had to spend part of my weekend trimming a hedge I never wanted. It took a long time before we ever got back to speaking terms.

I'm with your neighbour. He doesn't want you on his property and has made his wishes known early in the game. It may come back to bite him in the a$$ but that is not your concern.

(edit to clarify a point)

Jim

Last edited by 1OntarioJim; 11/18/13.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
The survey will tell all. Guess you had to be there to understand the jerk thing.

Last edited by dcmtex; 11/18/13.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by kend
Originally Posted by byc
It's Oregon for gosh sakes. Of course he is. Funny how most all of these kinds of stories seem to come out of the NW. Especially, Oregon.

Arizona house

Ken,

I'd spend my time and efforts getting to be buddies with the cop down the street instead of the YoYo next door to you....think in the long run, you'll see a better return on your time investment..

IC B2

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by byc
It's Oregon for gosh sakes. Of course he is. Funny how most all of these kinds of stories seem to come out of the NW. Especially, Oregon.

Arizona house

Ken,

I'd spend my time and efforts getting to be buddies with the cop down the street instead of the YoYo next door to you....think in the long run, you'll see a better return on your time investment..

Geee-sussssss.....now all these stories are coming out of Arizona.

Summmmm- bisch!

Yup bring in SWAT! laugh

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Wtxj
If you look at the picture again. See that storage house way in the back yard. Sure would be funny when it's surveyed and that storage house is set one foot on the OP yard.

My tape say's it's 2' on my side and yesterday I didn't care.

Wonder if cares enough to move it or just let you have acces once in a while? Be nice and smile while all the while knowing you have the upper hand. Where in that picture is the property line between the driveways? If that tool shed is on your side, seems even with a fence up you would be able to get that camper in the back. Maybe even just leave it right on the side.

If he comes around to being neighborly, fine. If not, that taking a shat on his porch is sounding better. grin

Last edited by calikooknic; 11/18/13.

Sean
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That's our place down there - wonder if the neighbor would mind if I were to - - - -

never mind. Blessed !

[Linked Image]

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
nice digs there 4C!

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by JohnMoses

Just burn his schit to the ground.

Problem solved.

Mighty Christian of you John.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Problem solved.

Put a cross on the front yard, set that on fire... and then when the house burns down you can blame it on the Klan... whistle

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Problem solved.

Hey, some folks need a chance to go to Heaven. If he's in the house, he has his chance. wink

Last edited by eyeball; 11/18/13.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
How the [bleep] people live on top of one another is beyond me.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Thank you , God, for a nicer "driveway", and neighbors stood off a bit.

GTC

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

If'n a partickular inscrutable sob doesn't get a pointed invite out thon way soon, bad blood , well she gonna' flow...

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
It ain't livin'....

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ringman
kend,

I used to have about seven acres next to a guy who owned eleven acres. Right in the corner of my place was the largest tree in the area. I fir about three diameter. One day I was doing something back there and noticed he had moved the stake from his side of the tree to my side. As long as he didn't want to cut it down I was fine with it.

Now, THAT I would have a problem with...

Surveying is expensive, and to disturb a survey monument is a crime in most states. Whatever his intent is with moving the set property corner, it could cause you problems down the road. Fence crews use survey markers to build, powerline easements go along property lines, etc.

I would advise if anyone has a situation like this, that the marker be placed back exactly where it should be, but by a surveyor. I'd also send the guy the bill for it.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Problem solved.

Satire obviously isn't your strong suit.

But what is?

Onward Clown

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
nice digs there 4C!

And he did not mention the nightly elk visits and the nice campground that is real close. Lot more going on than is see-able in that picture. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't worry your day will come around. Here in Chesterfield Virginia we have burning regulations, if you need to burn out a stump you need to get a permit.
I went thru the process and was burning a stump and up walks a cop telling me to put out the fire. I show him the permit, he checks with the appropriate county office and it seems they made a mistake. So I put out the fire.
I found out it was the neighbor across the road and up the hill that called the cops.
I continued to be polite, wave etc.
Well, she became a widow and her car had a flat in her drive way. She asked me to help her out. I reminded her that it cost me money to have the stump dug out and she would have to pay have some one fix her flat.
I still wave and 'Howdy'

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Take a schit on his front porch right away.

Would that be proper monumentation?

Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

154 members (35, arky65, 240NMC, 10Glocks, afisher, 12 invisible), 1,521 guests, and 843 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,603
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.