Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
Plinker Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Gotta love teachers.

A friend of my wife just told her that an elementary school kid's class was told by their teacher to make a voodoo doll as a project. The kids were asked to bring items from home to make the "dolls". (Personal items are important in the occult.) The friend's kid is a Christian and told the teacher they would not do it. The parent found out and had "dialog" with said teacher. The child is now upset.

My suggestion was for the kid to oblige by making a voodoo doll of the teacher with a broom shoved up it's ***. That's may not happen. What does The Campfire suggest?

GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Plinker

My suggestion was for the kid to oblige by making a voodoo doll of the teacher with a broom shoved up it's ***. That's may not happen. What does The Campfire suggest?

You nailed it. And the teach. Tell her to GFH

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
It's been my experience that anytime something like this gets posted on the errornet that 99% of the information is left out and 50% of what gets posted is wrong.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I would be proud of my kid and would have that teachers job. Why can she promote occult type religion, but my kids cant pray or do anything else that the bible says is ok?

Steak, It's my favorite vegetable!
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by JMR40
It's been my experience that anytime something like this gets posted on the errornet that 99% of the information is left out and 50% of what gets posted is wrong.

Right, only one out of a hundred of [bleep] up incidents like this even get noted and half of the [bleep] up [bleep] with the one percent that does get reported isn't told. The PROBLEM isn't idiot teachers, the problem is publik edukashun itself. Think obammy-care

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Good call, but if they need personal things, ask the teacher for a pen and a paper clip. Insert where appropriate.

Sean
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
No, just for the negative vibe attached to voodoo dolls.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
No, just for the negative vibe attached to voodoo dolls. Kids don't any more ammo for bullying other kids.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Voodoo is a religion, and this activity appears to support a specific religion. If the kids can't be ordered to make crosses, I can't see how they can be ordered to make voodoo dolls.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Gotta love teachers.

A friend of my wife just told her that an elementary school kid's class was told by their teacher to make a voodoo doll as a project. The kids were asked to bring items from home to make the "dolls". (Personal items are important in the occult.) The friend's kid is a Christian and told the teacher they would not do it. The parent found out and had "dialog" with said teacher. The child is now upset.

In all sincerity this is a gross violation of the child's and your wife's friend's religious freedom. The state forces her child to either attend that school or get permission from the school officials there to be educated elsewhere. The child and its family are bound to that school and the school's representative is forcing the child to make artifacts contrary to her family's beliefs...grossly so. It needs to be called to the attention of the school's Principal and the teacher needs to be reprimanded and supervised more closely. This is assuming a public school. It is not only contrary to the child's beliefs but it is extremely negative as well.

I used to rent space in a Flea Market from an old gal who liked to collect occult items. She had them concentrated in the ex-vault of the old bank the Flea Market was in. The vault had a bad, bad vibe to it and the whole place still creeps me out. She had actually made Voodoo dolls of her enemies in the past and stuck pins in them and such. She wasn't a witch or really into the occult in a formal sense, she just did that. We rented a duplex from them too. She and her husband had lived in the other side of it until they moved into that old bank with their [bleep]. They just stored more of their junk in the other side of the duplex. One night the wife and I had just went to bed and were laying on the other side of the wall from their old duplex. There was this huge bang. I'm sure it was just something falling down, but there was nobody over there. You'd hear sounds over there when nobody was in there too.

IC B3

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
So make a voodoo doll that is embracing a cross.

Q
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Q
The use of "voodoo" dolls is a religion and is used as a form of violence. Have then call the school superintendent and complain that the teacher is promoting religion and violence in the classroom. Amazing what garbage comes in when school prayer is swept out. When I was a kid you didn't have crap like this. But then the disease of liberalism swept the land and now anything but what is right is okay in the classroom.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Had the same happen with a friend and his kid. It wasn't a voodoo doll, but the kids were asked to make Nativity scenes. He handled that one swiftly.

The nerve in that one.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We made voodoo dolls when I was a kid. Used 'em as toys. I don't see anything wrong with it as long as the teacher makes it clear that these dolls are simply suspicions and have no real power.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Gotta love teachers.

No and I'm a Pagan. Voodoo is a religion that practices the Dark Arts and even I draw the line with that. Voodoo is bad juju juice.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The teacher should be fired for wasting childrens time and taxpayers money. Teachers should be sticking to the basics in elementry school, math, science and ENGLISH. Those things will get you a job doing something that benifits society. (Something that is lost in todays world.)

I am 100% against waterboarding. Splatter their brains out the back of their heads.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
really

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Tombo
The teacher should be fired for wasting childrens time and taxpayers money. Teachers should be sticking to the basics in elementry school, math, science and ENGLISH. Those things will get you a job doing something that benifits society. (Something that is lost in todays world.)

I agree. The first six years of elementary school should be the 3 R's, reading, writing, and arithmetic and nothing else.

You would be amazed at how many people can not write a e-mail at work because they can not spell, use grammar, and do not have an original thought. Kids today are thought all they need is spell checker, grammar checker, and thought checker apparently.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Instead of asking questions on the internet with almost zero information to base an opinion on just ask the teacher a simple question. "What is the purpose of this assignment?" Chances are it is a history project. It is impossible to study different cultures and historical periods without an understand of their religion. We have always studied different religions in schools. Doesn't mean anyone is trying to convert anyone. We studied all of the ancient mythology religions in school and I don't know anyone my age who worships Zeus. Plenty of folks responding to this thread that are well aware of the Voodoo religion. They learned it somewhere and chances are slim any practice it.

I wouldn't have a problem with this project in a Sunday School class. A great way to prove that Voodoo has no real powers.

If not comfortable I've never known a teacher not willing to accept an alternative assignment. Have the kid write a research paper on the subject if it makes you feel better.

My wife is a retired PE teacher. About twice a month she would have her students do yoga exercises. Always had a dumbass parent complain that she was trying to teach some cult religion in class. She would always tell the parents that all of her students would run a timed mile at the end of the year and any kid who could do it within a certain time would receive a medal and certificate on awards day. If their child chose not to participate in yoga she would provide them a stopwatch and they could practice for the mile run by running laps around the gym while everyone else did yoga. Never had any takers.

She eventually stopped calling it yoga and her students just did "isometric and and stretching" exercises. She taught exactly the same thing, but some parents were content since it wasn't yoga.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wasn't too offended when they taught Greek & Roman mythology at school. My daughter liked it, and as of yet, we haven't seen her worshiping Zeus in the back room.

But then again, we stay informed on her school lessons, and footnote anything we find out of the ordinary.

Voodoo doll? I suspect my daughter's would have looked a little like this:

[Linked Image]

I'm sure we would have got a call.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (1badf350, 21, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1Longbow, 43 invisible), 2,152 guests, and 1,132 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,764
Posts18,476,641
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.