Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
tbear Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
I believe old age just sort of sneaks up on you. Your wattles hang a little lower as well as other parts of your anatomy. You recall events from 50 & 60 years ago that others have no knowledge of, but can't find your glasses. Your ability to pee in a cup at the doctors office now occurs several times during your visits. Your doctor no longer tells you to slow down. The row of pills you take resembles a pharmacy. Getting up & down never used to be this difficult. You have perfected the fine art of taking naps. When you look at attractive young ladies in their twenties & thirties they remind you of your granddaughters. That wrinkled face in the mirror can't possibly be yours. Any other old farts on the Fire have similar experiences?

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Everything is good, as long as your still waking up.

Tim

"I hate rude behaviour in a man .....I won't tolerate it." Capt. Woodrow F. Call (Tommy Lee Jones) The Movie "Lonesome Dove"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How well do I know the feelings! I don't seem to have much trouble in getting up and down, though, if you're speaking of getting up out of a chair. Off the ground/floor I just do it in stages. smile

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I'm 50 and noticed AGAIN weekend before last after cutting and splitting another two rick of firewood and stacking it on the back porch that I ain't 25 anymore, I expect several more down shifts in the next 25 years. cry shocked grin

Gunner

Trump Won!
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I said it when I was a kid and I'll say it again--

Amphibians are just Show-offs!!

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I am 49 with a soon-to-be 15yo Daughter that is a real looker with a terrific figure...you bet I am feeling old.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I agree with Alice Rooseveldt, the daughter of Teddy, who said 'A man is only as old the woman he's feeling.'

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Yeah great, my wife is 2 years older than me...I am stuffed.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I hear you tear. Got up at 4 am this morning�too much arthritis pain to sleep.Dude in the mirror looks like chit�.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
The pain that wakes me up every morning around 3 or 4 is one thing. Another is that old man that jumps into any pictures taken. The frosting is probably the guys I work with telling me I am really really amazingly strong and vigorous for someone my age. I can still out work a lot of these youngsters, and those I can't, I can still outthink (experience). I can also outnap most of them. As for young women, I never did more than look until I found my wife, and now couldn't keep up with the pace if I did tangle with one; but I still appreciate pretty.

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
On the good news side the young pretty ones will now talk to you openly�.

because they know you are harmless�. frown

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
For the second half of my life so far I've tried to take good care of myself. At sixty-five with 11 and 12 year old stepsons I am very grateful for that effort.

Mathew 22: 37-39

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by ingwe
I hear you tear. Got up at 4 am this morning�too much arthritis pain to sleep.Dude in the mirror looks like chit�.

This comment got my day started with a laugh. Not at you but with you for sure. You guys need to quit being so hard on yourselves.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Turn 70 in about a year, you described it pretty well.
One thing about being senior, is you can compliment a pretty girl and not feel likes it's a come on.
You also missed this one, as a younger man I had a pressurize water system, could put out a campfire from about 10' away, it's now turned into a gravity flow system, hard to keep your shoes dry.

"The older I get, the better I was"
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Dad is 91. His favorite quote about getting old "getting old... it aint for sissies"

Some people are educated beyond their intelligence.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by tbear
I believe old age just sort of sneaks up on you. Your wattles hang a little lower as well as other parts of your anatomy. You recall events from 50 & 60 years ago that others have no knowledge of, but can't find your glasses. Your ability to pee in a cup at the doctors office now occurs several times during your visits. Your doctor no longer tells you to slow down. The row of pills you take resembles a pharmacy. Getting up & down never used to be this difficult. You have perfected the fine art of taking naps. When you look at attractive young ladies in their twenties & thirties they remind you of your granddaughters. That wrinkled face in the mirror can't possibly be yours. Any other old farts on the Fire have similar experiences?
You got it exactly right.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I hate to break the news to you but "old" starts a lot younger than you realize. It hit me first at about 25 when I noticed that my balance wasn't what it was at 15. Now I wish I had that 25 year old balance back. smile I'm not sure how many days I have but I'm pretty sure at the end of each day, I have one fewer. If you want to do it, do it now while you can.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I know I've aged when old injuries I thought healed decades ago still hurt and new injuries take forever to heal. Sciatica is not something I ever wanted to know about first hand and arthritis makes the second day of any exertion a lot less fun than the first day.

Ingwe's comment about young girls thinking you're harmless is painful. Knowing you're harmless hurts even worse.

Up to age 55, I looked younger and felt better than my dad did at the same age. At 60 now, I've aged and old pictures tell me I've pretty much caught up to the old buzzard in the aging department. That really sucks because the old man didn't reach 70. I guess the next move this AM is to hit the stationary bicycle for a few miles and just do my best to take care of myself today and every day I have left.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Glock2240
still waking up.

This.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Agree with everything already posted. I hate the fact that I've got fewer hunting seasons in front of me as I have behind me.

Makes me appreciate them more and try to absorb all the memories of them I can.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

489 members (222Sako, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 48 invisible), 17,289 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,930
Posts18,539,130
Members74,051
Most Online20,796
Yesterday at 04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.