Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,249 of 1,842 1 2 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1841 1842
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
What a great story.
A really wonderful end to 2013 deer season.
Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
GB1

P
P
ND, great story!

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by goalie
Stupid allergies this morning......

Yah, hay fever seems to be bad over here too! Well done guys.

Dusty is surely proud of all his Chickenbuckers. smile

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
At the start of this thread Dave talked about he and Pam bought the land to start a camp for family and memories.

This is truly what a deer camp is about. The bonds that keep everyone together.

None of those folks present will ever forget the story, the memory of Dusty, and the shenanigans.

Someday I expect to see PWM or RWS posting up here talking about remember back when....

Congratulations to Missy, Dusty, and the rest of the Chickenbuckeroo's and thanks again for letting us all be a part of it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Northern Dave, as a middle-aged man who wears his love of family, tradition, hunting camps and their history on his sleeve, your telling of the closing of deer season at Camp Chickenbuck 2013 really hits home for me.

I've always enjoyed your tales about Camp Chickenbuck. Enough so that I have the t-shirt to prove it. smile I'm tickled about the way the 2013 season worked out for the camp and for Missy (Muffy?) In particular.

I not saying that this has anything to do with the success from yesterday, but how weird is it that yesterday morning is the first time in close to a year that I've worn my Chickenbuck t-shirt? It was the first layer I put on while getting dressed to go hunting yesterday morning.

Anyway, I'm happy for you and your whole circle of Camp Chickenbuck friends. It sounds like the Fates smiled on you all.

Congratulations to Missy on her deer, Uncle Dusty for the impact he had on so many people and to you, Dave for keeping family and hunting camp tradition alive.

Long may the memories last!

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Amen to that !

smile

Paul.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
smile

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Awesome Dave thanks for sharing.

Happy b-day Weezer !

I agree with Berretta dude Missy wins hands down!

"Papa ! Nana made turtles in the potty !"
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Congratulations to Missy, and what a blessing for all who were in your camp. Those times when we feel our people close to us again are hard to put into words.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

S
SSB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Congrats to Missy...and to Dave on a momentous difficult season well concluded. I for one am glad to see you got your Mojo back...and you can bet Dusty is too!
My camp update can wait a couple of days...it pales in compairison....

Congrats!

Scott and Lisa

We eat organic in our house, we just have to shoot and gut it first.....
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well done Chickenbuckers........ Well done..

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Nate ant I ripped the hide off his lil deer tonight, quartered and such. Back straps are trimmed clean, packaged and in the freezer. We'll process the rest later this week.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 7mmMato
Well done Chickenbuckers........ Well done..

What he said....Well Done Dave....Well done!!!

Now it's time to break out the muzzleloaders!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dave,

This is the stuff great books are made out of. You've got to sit down, put pen to paper and write the story of the Chickenbuckers for all those unfortunate enough to not follow the story here on the fire.

I am at a loss for words after reading this, and it's not too often that happens.

Thanks so much for keeping all us honorary Chickenbuckers in the loop, and sharing this very special season with us, Dave.

Congrats to all the Chickenbuckers, and special thanks to Dusty for bringing that doe into range. Gone but not forgotten, Dusty. Gone but not forgotten.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
ive seen 70+ deer and 12 different bucks since saturday, one shooter buck, but i had no shot at him, bunch of almost shooters but not quite. Does up the rear end, havent killed any of those cause i ddint want to drag uphill for a doe... today tuesday.. slick heads are gonna roll :-D

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I was so very happy to be a part of that event on Sunday morning out at Dusty's deer stand with Missy and the whole group.

When I say it was spiritually fulfilling, that's the only way I can think of to describe it. I've never thought to use those words together, not ever before in my life.

I just feel better now, hard to explain I guess.

I don't know if it's "closure" or what to call it, but I feel much better.

And I thank Missy and Eileen for that.

We did other stuff throughout the weekend too.

As I mentioned, Justin and his little mama lady were up, we sure enjoy her company when ever we get together for a visit. She had asked Pam to shoot some pre-baby photos for them. I am sure there's a nice name for what the pictures are called but it certainly escapes me lol. All I know is that she had some very clever ideas and they took some very nice photos while out at camp. Pam has a whole set prepared for them, I stole one that I like to show off here.

I dare say, they are a very cute couple.

[Linked Image]

I also enjoyed setting this young lady up for an evening hunt one night as she timidly expressed interest in actually hunting. As in "have gun, will shoot", real live hunting. She sat with my old model 88 and a buddy heater in Weezy's enclosed stand. She didn't have any better luck than I had deer wise that evening. But it was very interesting that she had serious intentions, I do believe she would have taken a deer if she had an opportunity to do so.

[Linked Image]

Also, Missy has been toting around this little brown gun case all season. She brings it because she really wants to take a deer with that gun.
Inside the case is her prized hand gun, a stainless revolver. A 5 shot single action in 450 casull. It wears a nice fixed power leupold and dark walnut grips. It was her dad's.
She wanted very badly to take a deer with it, and I feel bad that we didn't get around to setting out a target and practicing with it until a few hours after she shot her deer on Sunday. She did finally get a chance to shoot it though, and with her dad's hand loads nonetheless.

It's an intimidating firearm. But it proved to be an absolute joy to shoot. I observed as she fired her first shots with the beastly revolver, she handled it amazingly.

She didn't get to hunt with it this year, but I have a feeling we will see her practicing more with it before next deer season. It will likely be with her in the deer stand next year.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by acooper1983
slick heads are gonna roll :-D

Good luck coop! Go get em!

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Little mama has a belly bigger than mine. Lol. Sadly, hers is going away soon. smile

Roll a few Coop!

Dave, you are very correct. The 454 Casull is a handful to say the least. I shot one at a range when I lived in WI. I jumped like a retard on a trampoline with the first shot and the the ground infront of the target. After that it was AWESOME. grin

Camp is where you make it.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Just got back from deer and pheasant hunting in the Dakotas and catching up... What a great, great story with a fantastic ending Dave. Each and everyone of you at camp are special individuals.... Congratulations to all of you on a very special and highly emotional day.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I'm very lucky for these great people that care to hang out with me.

I've been told I'm a fair cook, that must be it. grin

How was the hunting trip mmgravy?

Something clever here.

Page 1,249 of 1,842 1 2 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,261 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,392
Posts18,488,767
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.