Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
So far, I've only dealt with the fellow, David, who is listed on the website as CEO, and Will. Both have been apologetic about the situations, rifle and communication, and both seem to want to resolve them.

I'm willing to see what happens next without prejudging.

I'll update the thread as things progress. If there is a company that deserves accolades, I'll give them. It things go south, I'll tell that, too.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

GB1

F
F
Dan,

Where are you getting your information about these companies? Do you have first hand knowledge as to what transpires there? Do you work for one of these two companies?

Every time I see anything to do with Montana Rifle Company in this forum, you bad mouth them. Have you bought a rifle or barreled action from them? If not, then why do you continue to bad mouth? If you have, did you try to work with them to become a happy customer?

I have purchased two custom rifles, two production rifles, and an action from them. I couldn't be more pleased.

F
F
Steve,

Really, the two least trusted in the firearms industry? What word didn't the company keep? Are you in the firearms industry?

What were the integrity issues you speak of? Did you purchase a product, paid in-full, and receive your product? If so, was there an issue with the product and did you contact this company to give them an opportunity to make you a happy customer?

Just like with Dan, every time I see anything to do with Montana Rifle Company in this forum, you bad mouth them.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I have owned two actions from them. I never had an issues with the product. I sorta regret selling them. I can't speak of the people that run the company. I never had an issue to need to deal with them. I bought the first one cash up front and waited but the wait was only 4 to 5 months if I remember right. The second I paid for and they told me would be to my dealer in three months. It was there in two weeks.

The first .257bob I shot about 40 rounds out of. Then sold it on here. The second a .30-06 I shot a few hundred out of then sold it to my cousin. He is still shooting it and loves it.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
All I know is, someone there knows how to make an AR barrel that'll shoot, that's a fact.

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have dealt with Will. Two years ago at Shot I looked at their LH SS barreled actions. Several weeks later I ordered a LH SS American ( I think they call it that) in 338 Win Mag. The gun took 3 months longer than originally promised.

Nice gun, I would purchase another.

Randy

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I bought a few of their actions and , while the actions had some issues, they were correctable and I was well treated by the company. Ialso bought some barrels from them and the barrels performed well although straightness was not one of their features!
I kept one action for myself. I barreled it with a Smith re-bore chambered in 280. It looks good and performs well.
I've looked at some of their more recent complete rifles and they looked pretty good to me. GD

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
was wondering if they feed well with the WSMs family?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Love my 300 H&H mag. Everything I wanted and expected. Took a little longer that I hoped. So what , most customs are at the liberty of the smith. Whats the difference? Yes! i would do business with them again.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by yukonphil
was wondering if they feed well with the WSMs family?
They built the Model 3 for CZ in short mag chamberings. The one that I bought was one of seven that a buddy ordered. Mine never even hiccuped when feeding .300 WSM cartridges, and I never heard of any complaints coming back from the other buyers.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
IC B3

R
Online Content
R
I've order two rifles from Montana Rifle Co.. Both were excellent. Had them just do the action & barrel & sent to Hill Country Rifle Co. for 'fine tuning', install/bed stock--a McMillan. One is a 338 Win Mag that shoots 225gr.NP like a target rifle. Just had a minor issue with the safety---sent back,
problem addressed ASAP, rifle returned & NO CHARGE. OUTSTANDING
SERVICE, quality rifle.

RJHouck
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Have a MRC in an ASR .338 RUM and I have had ZERO problems with. Shoots great with a 250 gr NP.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I have a LH MRC SS 6.5 X 284 it shoots great now after I replaced the MRC Barrel with a Douglas. And chambered it in
6.5 X 284 Lapua. But it feeds well.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Something less than a recommendation.

When I buy a rifle, I expect it to work in all aspects.

Steve

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 7x57STEVE

Steve
But it is an honest assessment, nonetheless. It all adds up...

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Seems there were a lot of hurt feelers when they started out. Lots of promises and little delivery, from what I have gathered.

Lately, most all the reviews have been very positive and the half dozen or so I have seen look great. I would certainly give them a go.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
F
F
Originally Posted by 7x57STEVE

Steve

So you are a manufacturer that puts out thousands of products a year and everything performs flawlessly every time it is used for decades? If this is what you are saying, you can put all manufacturers out of business.

Products are designed to perform, but they are designed and built by human beings. Then what matters is how companies deal with their customers. Some customers decide that they are gunsmiths and "work" on their firearms. I have seen scores of handguns and long guns that have had owners who "knew" what they were doing; voiding the warranty. I know that many firearms manufacturers correct these issues at no cost to the customer, depending on the issue.

Also, you didn't ask what groups KK ALASKA was getting before changing the barrel. Shooting great now doesn't mean that the previous barrel was not shooting very well; based on his caliber choice, it may even have been for Bench Rest. Are you interested in details or continuing to make unsubstantiated innuendos? If you are interested in being involved in giving this company a black eye, provide all of the information (the whole truth and nothing but).

Aren't you going to answer the questions from above?

As for WSM's, I have an XWR-SS 270 WSM and it performs. Not one issue period. I've spoken with several folks who have their WSMs and no one told me about a failure to feed.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I appreciate Steve's input. Lots of folks have taken the time to post their good experiences, and there should be no reason that a man can't post his experiences with a company if they are less than stellar.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by kk alaska
I have a LH MRC SS 6.5 X 284 it shoots great now after I replaced the MRC Barrel with a Douglas. And chambered it in
6.5 X 284 Lapua. But it feeds well.

Other than that, it just the way it was sent?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Bought rifle used MRC barrel, chambered for 6.5 X 284 Win. By gunsmith other than MRC. Had lots of issues that were not MRC related, about $500 spent, barrel set back and rechambered. Groups around 2" plus at 100 yards.

Gave up and had IT&D rebarrel it, chambered for 6.5 X 284 Lapua reamer. Not fussy at all now and less than 1" at 100 yards.

I had a lot of correspondence with MRC about rebarreling or rechambering, and did not have confidence in MRC to try another MRC barrel. Plus MRC barrels are heavier contour than I want, and they would not go with a lighter contour.

Action is great 3.1" Med length, LH, SS, controled feed, which is hard to find.

Last edited by kk alaska; 11/26/13.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

301 members (2500HD, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 280rem_cm, 26 invisible), 1,868 guests, and 1,097 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,244
Posts18,486,010
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.