Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,250 of 1,842 1 2 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1841 1842
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Considering the gloom and doom prospects it was darn good. We filled our deer tags easily and had excellent shooting on pheasants. However, both deer and pheasants were down. There were pockets of both and we were lucky to find those areas.

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
First the book, then the movie. I think we all get a say in who plays Dave! Maybe Vince Vaughn? Too bad John Candy passed away!

And seeing that nice picture of the pregnant woman reminds me....just a little advice for you men out there. NEVER ask a woman if she is pregnant. Ask me how I know (very luckily, it was a buddy who made this colossal mistake!).

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Pam had a lot of fun with people while she was pregnant. Her favorite gag was to waddle up to a check out counter at a store where she'd hope like crazy for the cashier to ask her when the baby is due or how far along she was.

She would look them right in the eye, scowl and claim "I'm not pregnant!"

LMAO!!

The truth is she was VERY pregnant and she always let them off the hook with a laugh.

grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
fair to midlin. grin

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Pam had a lot of fun with people while she was pregnant. Her favorite gag was to waddle up to a check out counter at a store where she'd hope like crazy for the cashier to ask her when the baby is due or how far along she was.

She would look them right in the eye, scowl and claim "I'm not pregnant!"

LMAO!!

grin

NEVER, EVER, EVER, ask the Walmart cashier either. grin

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Especially the Blaine Walmart.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well it is time for me to chime in with a little of what I experienced on Sunday. Dave hit the nail right on the head with everything he said. Although I didn't realize all the excitement back at the cabin.
It seems like a dream. I was just getting ready to get out of the stand thinking this is the end of the 2013 hunting season. With no deer, but so much fun was had by all. I was lifting the burlap that is above the door, and I heard something in the brush. I waited for a short time and out come 2 deer. They were making their way toward the west. At this point I wouldn't be able to make a good sit-down shot, so I slowly stood up. She looked toward me, once she looked away I was able to lift my rifle and make the shot.
Shortly after Pam and Justin come down the trail. Pam walked toward her stand and Justin walked the trail a ways hoping the other one would go in her direction, but no such luck. I look up and see the most important people in my life walking through the woods in their blaze orange, to share this exciting moment with me. It was very emotional. Before I got back to dad's stand they had the doe by the ladder, ready for pictures.
I am not very good at making speaches, didn't really know what to say. But I just know that Camp Chicken Buck was very important to dad. He was looking down on us and happy that we were all there together. Very special moment. Thank you Dave and family for making a place that holds so many wonderful memories, and one that will make many more in the future.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
[quote Thank you Dave and family for making a place that holds so many wonderful memories, and one that will make many more in the future.[/quote]

And that is what we all would like to say. Thanks for sharing this with all of us.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TJAY
[quote Thank you Dave and family for making a place that holds so many wonderful memories, and one that will make many more in the future.

And that is what we all would like to say. Thanks for sharing this with all of us.[/quote]

Yes thanks Dave

"Papa ! Nana made turtles in the potty !"
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I'm going AWOL if I get one more thank you. It's nice and all, but it rubs my beard the wrong way.

lol.

Lets talk about, other people.

Capt bangflop skewered a dandy mature, one sided buck yesterday from the ground, 20 yds with his bow.

He was on his way to his stand and big fella was just hangin around, gave him a shot and he took it.

Pretty cool huh?

Fairly heavy 4 or 5 point on one side and a stub base, like a forked tree stump on the other side. I'll see if I can load a picture.

Something clever here.

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Cool. Seems the captain can usually find big deer to just "hang around" for um while the rest of us can't see a buck. grin he's shot more big bucksthan I have deer. Nice work Justin!!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Big weekend for muzzleloading coming up. Whos headed out. YOu tom? Dave? anyone? CHickenbuck?

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I'm on the fence. I really could use a weekend of rest and I do need to put a new clutch in the plow truck. I may drive out to the cabin tonight to try and get the plow truck home for service and repairs. Could end up just working on that at home all weekend. I also have to finish cutting nate's deer.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
you got 2 days before hunting to complete that dave. i could use a rest from it too but barrel of fun' has a weekend pass so we gotta hunt.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'm actually headed south for black powder Buschy. Gophergunner has invited me to his hot spot near his house for the weekend.

It's also a sad day for me. Real sad.... Somewhere as a parent I've gone seriosly wrong. I'm not even sure what to say here but I got the Christmas list from the kids this morning. My son has asked for a Packers jersey.

grin

Can you really blame him... though. I can't even get mad at him. laugh

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
At least he's come out and wants to see a winning team Tom. Dont be so hard on yourself. you just may not have learned yet what happiness is. Packer Backer man!! your days coming!!

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by BuschPilot
you got 2 days before hunting to complete that dave. i could use a rest from it too but barrel of fun' has a weekend pass so we gotta hunt.

How about tuna can?

Is he hunting this weekend?

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Tuna can said he has a date this weekend and will be busy. not sure what he's thinking.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well, he was born in WI, so he gets a pass. grin

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by BuschPilot
Tuna can said he has a date this weekend and will be busy. not sure what he's thinking.

what a man whore.

Something clever here.

Page 1,250 of 1,842 1 2 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

628 members (160user, 007FJ, 12savage, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1936M71, 67 invisible), 2,110 guests, and 1,345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,909
Posts18,479,473
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.