Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by tbear
While using logic in this & most TV shows is dangerous why not spray gasoline on the zombies at the fence. In the pig scene why not put gasoline in a big circle with the pigs inside & have a zombie cook out. Inquiring minds wonder why.
Yep, all kinds of ways to destroy massive numbers of zombies fast.
The body would have to be completely consumed for the zombie to "die". Folks don't burn well with only their bodies for fuel. The gas would just blow up and diesel would only burn off the zombie. They burned some zombies in another episode and the things were still alive because they didn't add fuel. The only way to burn a zombie effectively would be to have them in a big pit and keep adding fuel until the brains were consumed/destroyed. Not a bad idea but certainly more involved than spraying as on them and lighting them. A good way to catch other stuff on fire that you don't want burning too.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
I continue to watch it, sort of. Mainly because i am in amazement with rick being so stupid how they continue to get by.
Rick doesn't really lead anything. He doesn't ever really make a decision, just lets events dictate what is done.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
With Carol now gone, Rick, his son, Daryl and Glenn are the last four remaining members of the original first season group.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I'm to the point now that if there is anything else at all on Tv at the same time that sounds even a little bit interesting I watch that and record The Walking Dead. If I get around to watching it later on in the week OK but just as OK with me if don't. I started to watch this past Sunday's episode yesterday afternoon and dozed off asleep within the first 20 minutes. I could be wrong but I'm thinking this very well might be their last season or at most possibly one more.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by joken2
I'm to the point now that if there is anything else at all on Tv at the same time that sounds even a little bit interesting I watch that and record The Walking Dead. If I get around to watching it later on in the week OK but just as OK with me if don't. I started to watch this past Sunday's episode yesterday afternoon and dozed off asleep within the first 20 minutes. I could be wrong but I'm thinking this very well might be their last season or at most possibly one more.
Nothing against Duck Dynasty, but it's pretty bad when reruns of that show are better than a first showing of The Walking Dead. Hell I can go down to the local cafe and see the antics of local rednecks like Duck Dynasty any time it's open. If it ain't, I can walk across the street from it to the gas station and it's pretty much the same. That stuff is more entertaining than the storyline about a bunch of sick folks.

IC B2

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Have a question for those in the comic book know. Based on where the series is now can anyone tell or assume how many days or weeks have passed since people starting eating their own? Hard to get a read on that based on the series.

I figure a couple of months maybe?

Thanks

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Glad to see Audrey Marie Anderson with a real Texas accent join the show along with the other natural beauty Lauren Cohen, AKA Maggie. Hopefully they both stick around. Absolutely love the way she pronounces her Rs too.

She was pretty good in 'The Unit' and was wondering where she'd pop up next.

[Linked Image]

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Was she the one on there tonight that was about to mount the king?

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by byc
Have a question for those in the comic book know. Based on where the series is now can anyone tell or assume how many days or weeks have passed since people starting eating their own? Hard to get a read on that based on the series.

I figure a couple of months maybe?

Thanks
They are in the third year of the outbreak.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yup I'm with ya' now. After I hit send I started adding up indicators like the newborn and time spent on the farm.

And of course the kid growing into the hat. :-)

Thanks Ethan.

David

Go Nats!!!!

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
The last two episodes have been solid IMO. Just when you think maybe the Governor is going to turn over a new leaf you find that he's the same old evil dude that he always was. What I don't get is this...they have several lame episodes, basically this whole season, showing the sick at the Prison. So [bleep] what? Nobody wants to see sick folks. Too realistic. Then WHAM you have two good episodes, even if they weren't great, and it appears that immediately the Governor is going to attack the Prison again. I don't get why, with the very slow tone of the series this season, they didn't take more time to set up the attack. Not that they really needed to, it just seems like they would since the first episodes were so darned slow. Oh yeah...spoilers here. lol I guess Martinez learned that you don't turn your back on the Governor. He just didn't get much help from the knowledge seeing that the Biters ate his head.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Maybe we'll have these answers in the next episode but...Rick is a dipshit for not having regular patrols in his AO with the Governor still lurking about. Why would you not? Also is it safe to assume that there are other folks out there as bad if not worse than the Governor? What is the likelihood that you encounter the worst guy left alive in the world at your own little fortress? That means there are others out there that you need to watch out for and with modern weaponry a fort don't cut it. You can't get adequate intel from behind the walls so that means recon. Boots on the ground. Rick is a dumbass and really they'd have been lucky if he'd never gotten out of the hospital. I wonder what Shane would have been like up against the Governor?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Agree that the last couple of episodes have brought a little life support to the show. Still SO many loop-holes.

How many people were shown at the little RV campground, probably 40-60 at least in the one scene?

So EVERYONE must have gone out for a swim when the Governor takes out the one guy while playing golf? There apparently isn't more than one person per RV, when he goes and kills the other guy and threatens the next?

And who cares about the Prison, this household is sick of everyone that's left in there.

Life is just one damned thing after another
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Quit watching last season. From the discussion here, there seems little reason to bother with it. Change the name to "Viewing Dead".

Sam......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wondering who killed the people in the small camp. A third group? Maybe Carol is in on it.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bucktales
Wondering who killed the people in the small camp. A third group? Maybe Carol is in on it.
You got to wonder what the implications of it were.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The story line with the governor is very compelling because it illustrates a universal truth very well, i.e., that positions of power will always attract the most ruthless of psychopaths to them. In other words, in the real world, regardless of the appearances of a legal tradition and civil order being firmly in place, etc., the folks who actually rule you are like the Governor, i.e., ruthless, psychopathic, and drawn to power, but able to manipulate public opinion with ease.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Without giving anything away WTH happened to all the walkers busting through the gates during the prison negotiations????

Major screw-up but tonight was good!

In possible times like the WD kill anyone named the Governor. He's a first class bad guy.

Go Nats!!!!

A
A
That's one dead governor. I think someone heard the people speak. Now if the group could get back to roaming around trying to find answers while getting introduced to new adventures, the kind of plot that I think attracts many of us, I think we're back in business.
How about some more of the underlying chemistry and physics that is still a mystery? Who's looking for a cure or at least a diagnosis / cause? I enjoy that kind of balanced show
And why hasn't anyone found out that the best weapon in terms of noise, accuracy, portability and availability of ammo, is a rimfire?
Cheers

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Are you kidding, I can't find 22LR ammo.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

479 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 12344mag, 46 invisible), 2,365 guests, and 578 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,444
Posts18,507,827
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.