Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pribilof Islands.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Constantinople.

"Don't let so much reality into your life that there's no room left for dreaming"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Montana is exotic enough for me. It just don't get no better than here.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
'67 and'68, Chu Lai Air Base with Mag 12 Comm. Haven't cared much for Christmas since.

If you can read, you can see it coming!

http://www.mtekweaponsystems.com/
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jnyork
Vientiane, Laos, 1964, humping bombs on T-28s

Phu Cat, Vietnam, 1967 AND 1968 crewing Caribous

Did you know a Caribou pilot named Harold Davies?

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
It looks like a quiet little village / hamlet ,if you don't mind my asking where it is ?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
Not exotic, but the most beautiful place on earth to me.

If all goes well, I will be there again this year. A quiet day alone amongst the beauty of it all.

[Linked Image]

That's sure isn't Enterprise! [/quote]

Far from it, but Enterprise and Fort Rucker are a part of my life and my heart always smile

After all we are getting a Chick-fil-A, along with Seoul Restaurant, and Miyori, that means we are going to have three restaurants where the food is edible ! grin

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by RickcNY
It looks like a quiet little village / hamlet ,if you don't mind my asking where it is ?

It is where my heart lives....

Picture is taken from atop Dinas Bran (mountain) which is home to the ruins of a iron age castle "Castell Dinas Bran". The town below is Llangollen, North Wales, UK, beautiful and so very heartwarming.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Stunning.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you want sushi that is the best in the local area, try Tokyo Sushi in Daleville. Yeah, I know, sushi in Daleville? You will turn you nose up at Miyori if you try it. Its just outside the gate, on the west side, just past Taco Bell.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
If you want sushi that is the best in the local area, try Tokyo Sushi in Daleville. Yeah, I know, sushi in Daleville? You will turn you nose up at Miyori if you try it. Its just outside the gate, on the west side, just past Taco Bell.

Daleville shocked ???? I often wondered, but never spoke to anyone about it. I first noticed it when I stopped at the coffee shop in the little mall on the way to the Daleville Clinic. Thank you, now that I know, it's the first place on the list for after the New Year.

Imagine, in Daleville of all places, the last gate before Hell, as I have been told grin

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Not exotic but unusual. Al Ain, UAE. Chrismas Eve listening to some guys sing "We A Live In A Yellow Fucking Tent" and the crew next to us singing to George Jones tapes. Christmas Day we were in the chow line and some local idiots from town decided to poach some desert quail. We watched the security police and augmentee force deploy. Someone said,"Should we take cover?" Me, "I'm not losing my place in line! I'm hoping for some ham!"

Last edited by Dave_in_WV; 12/05/13.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
For those that were in places serving our country and keeping us and others free, not by choice, my extreme gratitude for your services!

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
1968 on Christmas Island(Kiribati) 1.7614N X 157.1972E

the sign over the make shift gate said "Austere AFS"

NRA Benefactor
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
CQ 529th Obsr Btln Ft. Sill, Ok 1957

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The most exotic place I ever spent Christmas was the third floor of the Black Hole Coffee House. That was the name of my place back when I was still a bachelor. In those days, I would throw a party for the folks Christmas forgot. It was an annual thing, and it was for people that just didn't, wouldn't, or couldn't celebrate Christmas. No decorations, no normal Christmas hoopla, but there was usually a major discussion that night down in the main room discussing why Christmas wasn't appropriate for some folks.

The regular attendees were an interesting lot. My best friend in those days had spent his 19th Christmas in the Ardennes-- kind of wrecked it for him. Another had spent one of his at Gitmo in '62, waiting for the world to end. There was a head ward nurse from the local asylum, foreign students, a mess of pagans, Jews, and a lot of bah-humbuggers.

First floor at the Black Hole was devoted to normal socializing and elaborate board games. Second floor had the shaman's conversation pit and the room with the computer games. The third floor? Anything went. I remember fondly this one willowy Wiccan (one of the rare skinny ones) . . .

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Broken Spoke dance hall. After we got thrower out of Ed's 281 Club in Round Mountain.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

W
W
"No stand down for my crew that day we spent Christmas afternoon and evening in the ready shack with ground power plugged in and the crew chief in the aircraft ready for a quick start should the need arise.The flight kitchen did bring out our hot chow! whistle grin

Jim think Rocky may have seen this view a time or two..home sweet home for me Phucat AB RSVN '69-'70"

My Dad was there in '70

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Cameroon - I'll probably spell the name wrong Ngoundary

For the time is coming when people will not put up with sound doctrine, but having itching ears, they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own desires, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander away to myths.
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Bahrain, on board the La Salle.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

480 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 41 invisible), 2,297 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,333
Posts18,526,724
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.