Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Oh I am the idiot for using your own words? That is pretty funny.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I believe the comment was the only ones that kept secrets were those that heat treaded by the moon light and used monkey piss. AFRICAN monkey piss. Rick has more knowledge and talent than any other knife maker that I personally know and will share any trick and give advise to anyone that cares to ask. He has been a great help to me and a few others on this forum. They can chime in if they wish.

When it comes to knives and guns, what does NEED have to do with it?
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Thank you Dale

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Your a Idiot!!
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
That is pretty funny Rick after the PM you wrote to me a while back. But whatever I really could give two chits what you have to say.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I make knives and offer knives to who I choose. Your a Idiot!!!
That is pretty funny Rick after the PM you wrote to me a while back. But whatever I really could give two chits what you have to say.

Last edited by rickmenefee; 11/15/13.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why don't one of you guys be the bigger man, and drop it?.......

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Are all BR knives convex grind?

What's the best way to sharpen that grind? Seems to me you would have to strop or use a belt sander to keep the edge shape?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Mouse pad or soft rubber pad and fine sand paper and then leather strop is the most common way to sharpen a convex blade unless you have a slack belt setup.

Check out my new website

http://www.howemtnknives.com/
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've got a Little Creek, and I love it. Plain, simple, and a great design.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B3

M
M
I've had several Bark Rivers- North Star, MiniCanadian, and the Little Creek. All have been shaving sharp out of the box, and have held a tremendous edge. The Little Creek is my present favorite, a lot of fixed blade in a small package. Not intimidating to wear in Public, but does the job. Presently I'd like to find the discontinued Day Hiker II.

I have Dozier, Randall, Reeves, Ruana knives. The Bark Rivers hold an edge equal to any of these.

"Some mornings it doesn't pay to chew through the leather straps". Emo Phillips

"Some mornings it doesn't pay to chew through the leather straps"
Emo Phillips
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
The Bark Rivers may be good knives, but I saw a debacle go down a few years ago where Mike Stewart kept a substantial amount of a dealers money and refused to send any knives or refund the money. I know there are two sides to everything, but I saw enough during that time that I don't care to own anything from Mike Stewart.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mbyoh
I have Dozier, Randall, Reeves, Ruana knives. The Bark Rivers hold an edge equal to any of these.

I still say a good tool stool, properly heat treated of course, with a convex grind will cut as good as anything. Some of the "rope tests" they did with the Marbles knives vs. much more expensive customs and such proved this years ago.

BRKT are a solid value IMO, performance-wise. They are not as nice to look at, in general, as most of the true custom knives we see here. Don't have the sweet grinds/swedges, etc. But for the price, they are a solid value. Excellent sheaths as well. Plus, Mike Stewart is pretty good at taking care of his customers as well.

I wouldn't take a BRKT over a true custom from one of the fine makers who post here in the knife forum. BUT I would take it over some customs from some makers that I have owned...............

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know what you are talking about and have ZERO issues with Mike. God knows it received enough "press".

2 Sides to every story. There are so many douche nozzles on some of the larger knife forums that I don't even bother to frequent them. I think most are a buncha pencil-necked geeks that I'd like to bitch-slap..........

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
I know what you are talking about and have ZERO issues with Mike. God knows it received enough "press".

2 Sides to every story. There are so many douche nozzles on some of the larger knife forums that I don't even bother to frequent them. I think most are a buncha pencil-necked geeks that I'd like to bitch-slap..........

I've also heard a lot of good things about Mike. He is probably just as perfect as the rest of us. I'm sure he had reasons for doing what he did, but I can't see any situation in which I could justify it if I were in his shoes, so it's a personal decision on my part without any animosity toward Mike Stewart or anyone who enjoys his knives.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by rickmenefee
Your You're an Iidiot!!

Not trying to be rude here, but that might have more impact if you spelt it properly.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I try to base my opinions on the product, and not the politics when someone asks about something. MOST of the time I'm capable. Sometimes, well.....Mike has never done anything to me, and has never seemed like a bad guy to deal with IME.

But we all have a right to buy from who we want. God knows their are certain products I won't touch with a 10 ft. pole, for any reason.........

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Your You're an Iidiot!!

Not trying to be rude here, but that might have more impact if you spelt it properly.

We is rednecks we spellit like we sayit. cool

When it comes to knives and guns, what does NEED have to do with it?
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I bi(E)t he understood. That being said grama Ain't were I shine. smile
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Your You're an Iidiot!!

Last edited by rickmenefee; 12/06/13.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I ain't never was one for no book lernin' neither cause I missed the skool boat allot (usually in the winter). My daddy wouldn't beat me if I got all the oysters shucked or killed something to skin or eat on the days I missed the skool boat. Like Rick, two 4 year degrees from major universities later I learned that life ain't about spellin'. Life is about what you give and not what you take. Great to see everyone having fun picking back & forth, but don't forget that we are all so blessed to live in an era of never ending top shelf knife makers. I sing the praises of anyone that puts their heart into their craft, treats people fairly, and strives to improve their product. Like Cranky, I've been around long enough to know that once someone comes up with THE perfect knife we'll all be bored as hell. Shuckem, Chootem, Skinum, Cookem, and most of all Sharum with your family & friends. Be kind to one another & good wishes to all during this season of joy!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (160user, 257Bob, 257 roberts, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 21, 54 invisible), 2,623 guests, and 1,343 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,372
Posts18,527,406
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.