Print Thread
Hop To
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Don't know if anyone else has been noticing there commercials...
just another company that is running internet bidding purchases, for single items...

there is a zillion of them it seems...

but what cracks me up is the people they are using on their advertisement... overweight middle aged women... and what they are saying..

" I won 104 bids in my first 30 days on Deal Dash.com!!"

another example of these middle aged women, who would have no social life if they didn't have a computer and a credit card...

after I got divorced 20+ years ago, I worked part time two Christmas periods at QVC when it was in Minneapolis... we'd get the same type of people calling in and ordering zillions of things...daily...

and the usual customer, the shipping address always seemed to be...XXXXX Trailer Park, Space XYZ.... usually in Florida, Texas or California...

and especially on Clothes Items, sizes would go from petite to 6X....2x to 6X were the biggest movers...

you could cover a 'deuce and a half' with a 6 x...

you had to laugh when we would get frequently women asking if we carried anything any bigger!

there is a whole subculture of highly overweight women, living in trailer parks, with credit cards.... made ya wonder how many are on assistance as their major source of income... meaning we tax payers are supporting this whole internet industry....

not much different than supporting drug users,,, except here we are supporting overweight women buying tons of clothes, who never leave their house trailer..

is this a great country or what?? whistle

GB1

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
What seemed a little odd about their ads are that you get your money back if you do not win the auctioned item.

Q
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Q
From what I understand you "buy" their pennies for your dollars and then bid. So the prices ALWAYS look low. And you spend more that they say you do. Scam.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The disclaimer at the bottom of the screan says "It does not cover the cost of bids"

You have to buy bids at a certain cost for each bid and they go up penny at a time, you cannot jump a bid from say $4.01 to $5.00. that is 99 bids that are bought and paid for.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
there is a whole subculture of highly overweight women, living in trailer parks, with credit cards.... made ya wonder how many are on assistance as their major source of income... meaning we tax payers are supporting this whole internet industry....

Naw, they're working gals who earn every red cent. You can even talk to one of them if want to verify. Just call 1-900-XXX-XXXX. grin

Dave
Sticks and stones may break my bones ... but hollow-points expand on impact.
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (12344mag, 1lesfox, 1badf350, 21, 1234, 10gaugeman, 59 invisible), 2,644 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,399
Posts18,527,924
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.