Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Last of my 'stash, 3 boxes of (550) rd. Federal Value Pack. 36gr. HP, $110 + proper shipping UPS, For sale only to the dedicated forum members with over 5,000 posts with a note from their mother. RM

***SOLD/byc .......now, enough of that fear & loathing.***

Last edited by redmist73; 12/15/13.

"Make my day"
GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Don't need any. Started reloading my own since mothers like you want to Phu..ck people on price. I think I have seen you at all the gun shows!

Geeeeeeeeeeesh!

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Gibby
Don't need any. Started reloading my own since mothers like you want to Phu..ck people on price. I think I have seen you at all the gun shows!

Geeeeeeeeeeesh!

Really?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Gibby

Geeeeeeeeeeesh!

$150 for 1650 rounds is not a bad price IMO. If you can find it cheaper, post it up for folks. Otherwise GFY

Last edited by Mink; 12/15/13.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I bought a 525 Remington value pack at Dick's for 19.98 2 weeks ago... In my opinion, if someone pays your price, they are either desperate, independantly wealthy or ignorant to the fact that they can get it WAAAAY cheaper than what you are asking. I would be ashamed of myself if I asked a fellow shooter to pay more than double the going price.....

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Other .22 ammo has sold for just as much, even more than the OP in the last few days here on the fire.

And not to crap on this thread, but as long as people continue to pay anything over 25.00 a brick for run of the mill .22 ammo the hoarding and over inflated prices will continue.

I know of a few sources for more reg. priced .22 ammo and would glady help a few members out that are in need, especially for kids but with my job I have no access presently to ship them legally.

Life is just one damned thing after another
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by cal74

And not to crap on this thread, but as long as people continue to pay anything over 25.00 a brick for run of the mill .22 ammo the hoarding and over inflated prices will continue.

I couldn't agree more......

TRUMP 2020
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bad form and manner's to whine in someone's thread. If you don't like the price, move along. The poster will get the idea and either take it off the board or lower the price or maybe even keep it.

Negative comments RE price etc should be either kept to one's self or sent via a PM.

I have had several more than fair dealings with RedMist and he is good to go as far as dealing with him, and then some.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I don`t agree with the price,how ever he can charge what ever he wants and anyone who does not like it can show their disfavor by not buying. Fricken Forum Police need to mind their own biz.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by cal74
Other .22 ammo has sold for just as much, even more than the OP in the last few days here on the fire.

This^^^^

*Master of random precision*
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Safariman, I wasn't whining..... I simply stated a fact and my opinion..... and i never said he wasn't good to deal with. He might be great at handling the transaction, but IMHO his price is out of line.
Maybe I was out of line in posting in his thread, however, it isn't only about myself. I am very involved in a well known shooting club locally and I see first hand the impact that the cost of shooting supplies has...Attendance at shoots and even practice is way down. People that have ammo aren't even shooting because they don't know when they will be able to get more in some cases.... High prices, price gouging and hording is having a broad detrimental effect on shooting/hunting as a whole and the Anti's are laughing at us...... We need to help each other out when it comes to ammo and components and make our money elsewhere and before you say it, I know some people make a living in the shooting/sporting goods business.....but maybe they could just make a nice living for a while.....

TRUMP 2020
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Huntz
I don`t agree with the price,how ever he can charge what ever he wants and anyone who does not like it can show their disfavor by not buying. Fricken Forum Police need to mind their own biz.

Perzactly, well said and right on.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The problem is not the price the OP is asking. The problem is the idiots who continue to pay these prices, as long as they keep paying it we will continue to have shortages.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bobinpa
Safariman, I wasn't whining..... I simply stated a fact and my opinion..... and i never said he wasn't good to deal with. He might be great at handling the transaction, but IMHO his price is out of line.
Maybe I was out of line in posting in his thread, however, it isn't only about myself. I am very involved in a well known shooting club locally and I see first hand the impact that the cost of shooting supplies has...Attendance at shoots and even practice is way down. People that have ammo aren't even shooting because they don't know when they will be able to get more in some cases.... High prices, price gouging and hording is having a broad detrimental effect on shooting/hunting as a whole and the Anti's are laughing at us...... We need to help each other out when it comes to ammo and components and make our money elsewhere and before you say it, I know some people make a living in the shooting/sporting goods business.....but maybe they could just make a nice living for a while.....

You make some good points, this mess is affecting peoples lives. On the flip side, I have seen quite a bit of 22LR ammo sell for the price Red Mist was asking both here and at gun shows. Supply is starting to catch up with demand (thankfully) and we should be about helping each other out through this time. But the realities is that folks are asking and getting 10 cents a round or thereabouts and as you said, a person who has a good or product has the CHOICE to either offer it to a shooting club cheap or maybe some youngsters or offer it up to whomever at the current going rate. It is not out ammo to offer or sell or put a price on.

I hope that your shooting club can find the ammo it needs really soon.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Was at a gun auction this morning in Gettysburg. PA and saw .22 lr cubes going for a $150.00 per cube--crazy.

Last edited by cdhunt; 12/15/13. Reason: correction
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Fact is we live in a demand driven market. A product always finds it's own price point.

While I don't agree with gouging and appreciate the folks that are willing to pass along good deals, prices will remain generally inflated until demand lessons or supply increases.

So long as people are willing to pay inflated prices the price will stay high.

No one is forced to buy under duress in a free market.

We also have the ability though to remember who and who not to buy from when things improve....grin

*Master of random precision*
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This classified site is taking on a gun show, flea market, Craig's list type of atmosphere more and more.
Those are the worst places there are for getting your ass screwed.
I hate to see it when one gets his ass chewed for stating his opinion that the [bleep] is over priced. Right or wrong, he's got a right to an opinion, hasn't he?
You would keep quiet and watch a fellow 'Fire member take it in the ass by these scalpers that have infiltrated the list?

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'd like to have them because I like the federal value packs. They seem to shoot good in my S&W's. All I can find around here is the CCI Standard Velocity, and the stores are charging $32.00 per 500. Seems to be what they go for when they are on the shelves in my area. I'd trade 4 bricks CCI for the 3 value packs just because I like that ammo better. As far as what he's asking, is what most stores are asking, and others at shows are asking more. Slightly high, but not out of line considering this is a classic example of supply and demand . I've not seen a brick for under 30 bucks anywhere for quite a long time. I would like to see the price back to $20 like everyone else. No need to trash his post, just look, if it's not what you, buy your ammo somewhere else. Just that easy.

If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.
- Notebook, 1894 Mark Twain
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just bought m22 500rd boxes local for $34.95 FWIW

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you don't like the price move on, cant blame the guy for taking a swing. Market's determine price, a good deal is in the eye of the beholder and all that [bleep]......

Bottom line, don't piss on another guys add, poor form IMO..

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

429 members (2500HD, 10gaugemag, 21, 160user, 22250rem, 01Foreman400, 38 invisible), 2,286 guests, and 1,062 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,509
Posts18,490,704
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.