Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
In other words, it's not a federal takeover, just the federal government dictating to the states about what they can or cannot do?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Dink.............Nobody is being priced out from using the land. You can come use the land for free.

You just can't shoot the game, because Colorado owns them.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
A
abc Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
++I am not arguing for a federal take over. Just a law that states you can't price the average guy out of hunting on federal ground.

Dink++

What is the average guy hunting federal lands? I want to know. The first thing that you have to know is that there is not enough hunting in the Western States for everyone who wants to hunt. The cost of tags is one way to eliminate hunter numbers. I have lived in Montana most of my life and I'll be damn if I had to sit out a hunting season because a non resident took precedence over my hunting.

I think the cost of resident licenses is to low and resident license need to be raised.

I know that this is not popular but I would like to see the first three days of hunting season for resident hunters only and the last 4 days for resident hunters. In Alaska the first 5 days of moose season is for residents hunters and the last five days is for residence hunters I have no problem with that and have hunted moose under those restrictions. I still killed my moose.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I don't think NR hunters realize how many resident hunters don't get tags they try for.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by smokepole
Who hunts elk outta hotels?

LMAO

"Only Accurate Rifles are Interesting" (Colonel Townsend Whelen)
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by smokepole

Tx, thank you for your level-headed attitudes on the federal control issue. Just curious though, in your quote above, you said you were a conservative, and then said "but I don't want my US congressman/senators getting involved...."

Why use the word "but?" I thought most conservatives would use the word "and" in that context?

Not trying to be a smart-ass, just pointing out that Dink's continued references to Obamacare are quite ironic, given that he's arguing for a federal takeover of something that is clearly a state governance issue, and has been repeatedly decided that way by the courts, including federal courts.

I was reponding to Dinks post that made it sound like republicans would be all for having the feds control hunting pricing in states. So, I am a conservative republican, BUT I don't think like Dink's version of republican AND don't think most republicans would either.

Venor ergo sum
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Got it, thanks for explaining. We're on the same page.

And personally, I wouldn't mind seeing the NR cow tag price come down, $450 is a lot.

I wouldn't mind seeing longer elk seasons either, like Montana's month-long rifle season. That ain't gonna happen though.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Mauser_Hunter
I don't think NR hunters realize how many resident hunters don't get tags they try for.

Exactly, that's why I'll keep my azz somewhere I can shoot a half-dozen or so whitetails each year.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yup, that's about how many you'd need to equal an elk......

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by Mauser_Hunter

Exactly, that's why I'll keep my azz somewhere I can shoot a half-dozen or so whitetails each year.

I didn't say I wasn't getting tags. I hunt every year. smile

What do you get...2-3 meals from each one of those whitetails?

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Let's see, what do I have in my freezer right now: Elk, whitetail, axis, feral hog, and turkey. Some halibut and salmon too! Oh yeah, and a small bit of beef!

Wife wanted to go to Alaska for our 15th anniversary, and she loves to fish. I sacraficed and took her!

Axis, now there is a deer you can really sink your teeth into! And they are beefy, about 50% bigger than the whitetail. Axis is 1st in my book, with elk being a close second.

Last edited by txhunter58; 12/16/13.

Venor ergo sum
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Sounds like your wife is the real prize there......

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Yep, you got that right! Guess what her Christmas present is? Hint, she is a pisto packin mama, but she carries an old/big 6 shooter 38.

Found her a Smith and Wesson M&P Shield 40 cal semiauto. Only $390, so maybe if I work a little more this year I can still go elk hunting. She is not someone who shoots a lot, but she takes her self protection seriously. And she is a better shot than I am. She will be tickled. Shhh, don't tell her!!

Truth be known, I get her what she wants and she never gives me a minutes grief on any of my hunting trips.

Venor ergo sum
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You broke the code, LOL.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by abc
I have lived in Montana most of my life and I'll be damn if I had to sit out a hunting season because a non resident took precedence over my hunting.

Why do you think you deserve a tag on federal land any more than any other American? Because you live within a imaginary border?

Dink

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by DINK
Originally Posted by abc
I have lived in Montana most of my life and I'll be damn if I had to sit out a hunting season because a non resident took precedence over my hunting.

Why do you think you deserve a tag on federal land any more than any other American? Because you live within a imaginary border?

Dink

Ever use state highways or county roadways to get access to those federal lands? Most likely didn't reach your final destination by parking along an federally funded interstate highway or motel 6 and trekking it all in on foot.

Better think about what state assets your using before going off on imaginary border lines and your right to pursue game on federal land.

Last edited by oldpinecricker; 12/17/13.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
O.P, don't waste your breath trying to reason with dink. It's been explained to him a thousand times, he just likes to whine.

He's said as much.

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (12344mag, 1936M71, 1Longbow, 06hunter59, 160user, 007FJ, 64 invisible), 2,149 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,047
Posts18,482,245
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.