Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by smokepole
It's all relative. If you're from Wyoming or Montana, yes. If you've spent time in a big city (one with an NFL, MLB, and NBA team) then even Denver traffic pales in comparison. Especially if you don't have to drive on the freeways.

Or Prince Of Wales Island.

I've spent time in big cities, and still despise driving in these areas. I refer to heading through Denver as "Running the Denver Rapids."

GB1

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
If you don't mind scorched or blackened tree spires, there is probably some cheaper land in Black Forest, 20-25 miles NE of Colorado Springs, after the big fire last year.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
It's all relative. If you're from Wyoming or Montana, yes. If you've spent time in a big city (one with an NFL, MLB, and NBA team) then even Denver traffic pales in comparison. Especially if you don't have to drive on the freeways.

Or Prince Of Wales Island.

I've spent time in big cities, and still despise driving in these areas. I refer to heading through Denver as "Running the Denver Rapids."

Well, that's the beauty of describing things objectively, rather than from your own point of view. It gives a guy the benefit of the doubt, as far as being able to judge for himself.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I lived in Fort Collins for about five years and my wife's family is from the Springs.

I'd take Ft Collins over the Springs.

CS is a big town with big town issues. Traffic, crime, homeless, drugs....Obviously, some areas are much worse than others. I've never really enjoyed it there.

Ft C is a college town. The University is one of the main employers along with local government. HP used to be a decent size employer as well. It is VERY liberal. Lots of OBama stickers.

That said, IMO, it is a much safer place as a whole with good schools. Poudre canyon is right outside of town and lots of recreational opportunity at your doorstep.

I always enjoyed Durango. If jobs weren't the #1 concern, that would be high on my list of Colorado towns to live in.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I always enjoyed Durango. If jobs weren't the #1 concern, that would be high on my list of Colorado towns to live in.

A big +1. I'd take Ft Collins over the Springs too.

IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
If I didn't need the medical facilities here in COS, I would be gone. Probably move to the western slope.

I strongly discourage anyone from moving here if they have a chance to go elsewhere.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
There isn't much on the front range I'd take over the west slope.

Best part of the front range is its proximity to some great bird hunting and biiggg whitetails across the state line.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
It is crowded on the front range, but I have to tell you, compared to the East coast, it's not that bad. Went to school in Boulder, no desire to live there again.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mauser_Hunter
There's better choices than the springs.

[Linked Image]

Looks like everyones driving on the wrong side of the highway

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I don't like the traffic in Thermopolis.

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Ralphie

I don't like the traffic in Thermopolis.

Ha! Yeah, if I have to wait for more than two cars when I pass through an intersection, I consider it a traffic jam.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Montana.....everyone I know who lives in Colorado, say they would rather live here.

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Good thing you don't know me, because then you couldn't say everyone.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You think you have better hunting there, than here?

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Originally Posted by leftycarbon
Calvin,

Check out Fort Collins. Less crowded and hectic but everything you might need is here. Housing is reasonable. If you decide to come out and check it out, I can show you around and put you up for a few nights. Good hunting and fishing all around.

Lefty

I agree and if you come to look in Fort Collins I'll take you guys out to dinner at Nordys

I'd live in Fort Collins every day, all day over Colo Springs.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mauser_Hunter
You have to get closer to the mountains. I live in Buena Vista, and the population hasn't changed in the last 10 years. Nice little town with no crime to speak of. Close to good hunting and fishing.

Buena is nice. I stay just north in Clear Creek occasionally for work.

I could live there, but I doubt it has what the OP is after.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
Montana.....everyone I know who lives in Colorado, say they would rather live here.

Montana is the place to be if you're doing just one. Doing two, with AK as the other, I'd sooner be in better weather.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

We looked into moving there back in 03 or so. Checked the winters and it was too darn cold. So you can count me out too.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Brad
I'd live in Fort Collins every day, all day over Colo Springs.

Well, you'd have to. If you lived there. grin

I'd go for Montana, except for the slight inconvenience of having to quit my job.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
You think you have better hunting there, than here?

I like it here for lots of reasons. If I wanted to live in Montana. I'd be there.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

242 members (2ndwind, 673, 10Glocks, 69sportfury, 1badf350, 29aholic, 38 invisible), 1,644 guests, and 1,067 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,976
Posts18,519,847
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.