-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Around here it'd have been a pull over (maybe....), snoop, ask her why they weren't on, tell her to turn them on & a have a nice day. I have to say that for the most part, the cops in our area are pretty laid back & don't cause stirs like this. Can't say that I've ever heard of anything stupid like that happening here. I do know of a trooper pulling a guy over just to get a closer look at how you get a quarter horse to ride standing up in a short bed 2WD Toyota pickup with stake sides on it.

beati pacifici quoniam filii Dei vocabuntur Matthew 5:9

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Pretty easy to get out of. There's a time on the ticket. Sunset there was 4:28pm.

The kind of cop that thinks the ticket is justified probably wouldn't mind fudging the time on the ticket either.

Just my completely unfounded cynical side coming out.

sent the bill to TOYOTA tell them to build the right , frown

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There has been many a person talk themselves into a ticket.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by skullmonkey
Around here it'd have been a pull over (maybe....), snoop, ask her why they weren't on, tell her to turn them on & a have a nice day. I have to say that for the most part, the cops in our area are pretty laid back & don't cause stirs like this. Can't say that I've ever heard of anything stupid like that happening here. I do know of a trooper pulling a guy over just to get a closer look at how you get a quarter horse to ride standing up in a short bed 2WD Toyota pickup with stake sides on it.

Thats some funny schit about the horse. . . .lmao

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I do know of a trooper pulling a guy over just to get a closer look at how you get a quarter horse to ride standing up in a short bed 2WD Toyota pickup with stake sides on it.

I know a man that got a ticket a long time ago for letting his horse ride in the back of a Ford F150 with no sideboards. The man did it all the time moving from one pasture to another until a new trooper moved in. He would just put the reins over the horses head and tell him to load up and he would jump in just like a dog. Kinda had to stand hunched up because the bed was short. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Wife just left work at dusk this evening, works in a well lit area with Costco, Safeway, and major intersections. Lots of overhead light. New car's a Toyota Camry Hybrid, replaces the old Mazda Tribute. Never had to think about turning on the headlights in the Tribute, or even the one before that, a 1999 Oldsmobile Alero, as they came on automatic. Not so with the Camry. Gotta do it manually. Who builds a 2013 car w/o automatic headlights anyway?
She got pulled over by our finest leaving work w/o her lights on.

If you ask me, the cop got a valid explanation of why the lights weren't on, honest mistake with the new and different car and lots of overhead lights in the area. Ddin't matter, the chickensh!t gave her a $260 ticket.

With everything they could be doing to better society being left undone, like property crime investigation for one, they feel the best use of their time is citing real hardened criminals like my wife for not catching that her headlights weren't on yet at dusk.

Do you want to know what I think about the cop, the car, or the cash?

Only in police work can someone do their job and get called names for it.

Some how it's the cops fault because someone could not reach up and flip a switch and turn their own headlights on...

I guess next people will blaming the cops cause they don't know which side of the knife is sharp.

Dink

Last edited by DINK; 12/18/13.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by DINK
Wife just left work at dusk this evening, works in a well lit area with Costco, Safeway, and major intersections. Lots of overhead light. New car's a Toyota Camry Hybrid, replaces the old Mazda Tribute. Never had to think about turning on the headlights in the Tribute, or even the one before that, a 1999 Oldsmobile Alero, as they came on automatic. Not so with the Camry. Gotta do it manually. Who builds a 2013 car w/o automatic headlights anyway?

If you ask me, the cop got a valid explanation of why the lights weren't on, honest mistake with the new and different car and lots of overhead lights in the area. Ddin't matter, the chickensh!t gave her a $260 ticket.

With everything they could be doing to better society being left undone, like property crime investigation for one, they feel the best use of their time is citing real hardened criminals like my wife for not catching that her headlights weren't on yet at dusk.

Some how it's the cops fault because someone could not reach up and flip a switch and turn their own headlights on...

I guess next people will blaming the cops cause they don't know which side of the knife is sharp.

Dink

I wish you lived around here, 'cause somebody in my town would break you from your cokksucker ways.

Last edited by mirage243; 12/18/13.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by mirage243

Dink

I wish you lived around here, 'cause somebody in my town would break you from your [bleep] ways.

Lol.....

Dink

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Guys, wife just got home. Two things-

1) Time on ticket 5:11 pm. 40 minutes after sunset.

2) This cops works a one mile stretch of road apparently, or it's a coincidence. This is going to sound like BS, but here's the truth.
This same cop gave my wife her only other ticket about a year ago 1/2 mile away. She was stopped at a stop light waiting to make a left hand turn on her way to work. Same route every single day. The light changed, she made the turn and IMMEDIATELY got pulled over, right out of the intersection. Driving a 4 cylinder Mazda SUV. He claims she was doing 45 and was speeding. When she explained that she had just turned off the freeway and had stopped and waited at the stoplight, he said, "No, you did not. You were coming straight through the intersection and were doing 45".
Well, she goes thru the intersection every morning, same way, every day. Went to court, cop lied about it, saying she did not turn and was traveling straight, which was the only way she could be going 45 and he knows it. Court wouldn't hear the logical argument that she did the same thing every day on the way to work, which is turn left at the intersection.

You conclude whatever you'd like, but I know my wife and have zero problem with her credibility. This coming form a guy with some trust issues with women, if you know what I mean...

I think I have cop issues...

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Dink

Hey Dink, you paying attention? $260 for not flipping the lights on sound right to you? If it does, why don't you pony up and make my Christmas?

LOL
IC B3

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Fireball,

The cop was only enforcing a law that was put into place by the people that are elected to make them. It's not his fault your wife did not know about the headlight switch. It's not his fault congress made a law requiring people to use thier headlights at certain times.

My guess is he is a traffic cop and his job is to enforce those laws.

If you don't like that law contact your congressmen.

If you want to call that officer names and talk chit about him go down to his station and do it to his face.

Dink

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Fireball,

The cop was only enforcing a law that was put into place by the people that are elected to make them. It's not his fault your wife did not know about the headlight switch. It's not his fault congress made a law requiring people to use thier headlights at certain times.

My guess is he is a traffic cop and his job is to enforce those laws.

If you don't like that law contact your congressmen.

If you want to call that officer names and talk chit about him go down to his station and do it to his face.

Dink

You and I both know what you're doing right now.

LOL
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Collect & Serve

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mirage243
Collect & Serve

Fixed it.

LOL
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I got the same ticket here in Denver 6 yrs ago. It was 2pts and 75.00 i think. New Tacoma PU, just left the Parade of Lights at the capital building. And My 4yr old at the time was crying, because he did not want to leave. Guess I got lucky, Denver cops like to beat and shoot people.

Clos

NRA Life Member

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I can honestly say that I have never written that ticket. The thought has never crossed my mind. I have stopped a lot of folks for it, and it typically resulted in a scenario similar to your example. Occasionally it was a drunk, or a car burglar, or something else. Even in those case, I never thought to write that cite.

Yes, chickenshit. But, regardless of where a man works, there are [bleep] who work with him.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I can only imagine what the guys Dink works with think of him.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I was making a right hand turn at a stoplight, 4th car back from the light. I made my way up to the light, stopped and turned right. I didn't get far and was pulled over by the 2nd car which was a cop. He asked me if I knew why I was being pulled over. I told him "No".

He told me that was a fog lane, not a turn lane and the fine was $135.00. I apologized and told him I didn't know that. He let me go with a warning.

I was turning left off of College street in Bozeman, after a complete stop and didn't get 1 block down Wilson before I got pulled over. The cop told me it was right turn only. I said I had grown up in Bozeman and had turned left there for years. He told me the law changed about 1 year ago.

I apologized, it was the same cop. He reminded me that he had let me go with a warning a couple months before, I apologized again. He said he would let me go again with a warning, but that he couldn't keep giving me warnings and for me to pay more attention and drive careful.

They aren't all bad out there, I appreciate the good ones and hope to never see the bad ones...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The College Station Police Department wouldn't hire me because I had so many speeding tickets and wrecks on my record. When you're filling out an application for a police department you have to list every ticket you've EVER received.....I had to use the last line to write "Please see Attachment A" and add a sheet to the back of the application.

Outside of an elementary school zone I haven't written a speeding ticket in nearly two years.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The college station moto cops hide in the hedges with camo...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

617 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 007FJ, 64 invisible), 2,473 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,203
Posts18,485,321
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.