Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
What's a courtesy card and how can I get one?

I edited my post and took that part out as I didn't want to just get into a cop bashing thing. We all should have "Courtesy Cards." I know LEOs have a job to do, it's the how they go about doing it that we care about. I had a friend who was a NYC cop and he had gotten his picture in the NY Daily News, showing him extending a kindness to a homeless man. Unlike many LEOs I've known, he never spoke about people as scumbags, or hippies, or by ethnic slurs. He truly was a public servant and a decent man. We need more LEOs like him. Sadly, he died from cancer just months after retiring.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Never have a problem going to court and fighting tickets, especially if the cop is/was a dick. Most aren't but there are some that are. The DICK's are usually easily made to look bad in front of a judge.
In the OP's case it seems some discretion could have been used espcially since she was leaving from a "well lighted area'.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Oh, and I never wrote Doctors or Nurses either. You end up on a gurney in the ER and you will thank me for that little tidbit.

I knew a woman anesthesiologist who habitually tore up her local roads in her BMW and never, ever got a speeding ticket.

The stethoscope draped over the rear-view mirror did the trick every time. But only in her home county.

A stethoscope has saved me from wasting more than one traffic stop.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by cooper57m
What's a courtesy card and how can I get one?

I edited my post and took that part out as I didn't want to just get into a cop bashing thing. We all should have "Courtesy Cards." I know LEOs have a job to do, it's the how they go about doing it that we care about. I had a friend who was a NYC cop and he had gotten his picture in the NY Daily News, showing him extending a kindness to a homeless man. Unlike many LEOs I've known, he never spoke about people as scumbags, or hippies, or by ethnic slurs. He truly was a public servant and a decent man. We need more LEOs like him. Sadly, he died from cancer just months after retiring.

True through & through. As far as the courtesy card goes, it's kind of like the respect card IMHO, you tend to get what you give.....

beati pacifici quoniam filii Dei vocabuntur Matthew 5:9
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
For what it's worth, I haven't written a ticket in 20 years, and the only trouble I ever got into (almost smile ) was for never writing ANY. Though I work in an urban area, I live in a small town where every cop is one stolen away from DPS and all they do is hammer traffic offenders. Take this to the bank. Places where the cops have nothing to do but write up people for minor traffic offenses are nice places to live.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

You got a roadside checkup? grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Your wife got a ticket to make up for all the illegal mexicons that the cop lets go because he knows that they'll never pay a ticket and that they change addresses/identity like we change underwear.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Your wife got a ticket to make up for all the illegal mexicons that the cop lets go because he knows that they'll never pay a ticket and that they change addresses/identity like we change underwear.

..and people wonder why we have laws.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
sometimes you get a ticket sometimes you don't.

I've probably been stopped about 20 times in the last 30yrs and have only been given 4 tickets that I can remember.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Oh, and I never wrote Doctors or Nurses either. You end up on a gurney in the ER and you will thank me for that little tidbit.

I knew a woman anesthesiologist who habitually tore up her local roads in her BMW and never, ever got a speeding ticket.

The stethoscope draped over the rear-view mirror did the trick every time. But only in her home county.

Now see Joel, you and I look at stethescopes around the mirror totally different. I see them as possibly belonging to a cute single nurse. Who may be shmoozed by my charm

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How would a deaf and blind nurse be driving?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
How would a deaf and blind nurse be driving?

Now that just isn't fair. She was only LEGALLY blind

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The good cops must be too good as they never stop me. It's always the other kind.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Originally Posted by DINK

Sometimes you just have to take responsibility for things you do.

Dink

Yes you do. I wholeheartedly agree with that statement.

One of the things you do here Dink is erode the respect for good LEOs that most people have for them.

Maybe. But if people have issues with me it should only pertain to me not what I do for a living or others that have the same job.

I will always say/post what is the truth or what is my opinion. If people don't like the truth or my opinion that is ok.

It's easy to go through life and only say/post things that most people agree with. Most people don't like confrontation. The problem is when it gets down to the nut cutt'n you never know where they stand or how someone can sway their opinion.

Look at this very post. It oozes with "it was not my fault" syndrome. It's easy for everyone to say bad cop she needed a warning. No one wants to be the guy that says "it was her fault" cause it goes against the flow.

Look at all the non-resident tag prices threads. Most people say just pay the price so they don't ruffle any feathers and no one post anything bad about them. Strange though, Montana used to sell all their non-resident tags in one day. Now they can't sell them out in eight months. I guess I am the only campfire member pizzed about it.

I learned a long time ago most people just don't have it them to speak what's really on their mind or what they really think about something.

One thing is always certain you never have to guess where you stand with me or what side of a issue I am on.

Dink

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DINK
Most people don't like confrontation.

That, my friend, is where you are mistaken. Conflict is an important part of every persons life and you need to realize that the majority of people will not encounter as much in their life as you do each month.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dink and guys like him create confrontation all they can. They feed on it, like a maggot on a rotten caucus.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No. He doesn't understand why some people seek confrontation.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 22magnut, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 2,507 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,185
Posts18,484,797
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.