Hop To
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
http://www.newsmax.com/US/walmart-d...=1550953_12212013&promo_code=16075-1

Walmart Sells Out of 'Duck Dynasty' Merch in Show of Support

Friday, 20 Dec 2013 10:09 PM

By Cathy Burke

'Duck Dynasty' merchandise is flying off Walmart's digital shelves, with a variety of goods related to the popular A&E reality show out of stock as a furor rages over patriarch Phil Robertson's anti-gay comments and his TV future.

The Robertson family has a merchandise empire worth $400 million, according to Forbes, with sales in Walmart acounting for about half of that amount.

And fans, despite the controversy, aren't shying away from the Duck paraphernalia, The Daily Mail reported Friday. The array ranges from T-shirts to bedding, posters, watches and toys, but by Friday night, many of the items were listed as "out of stock online."

Word of the shopping stampede was burning up social media as well, with fans spreading the word via Twitter.

"Duck Dynasty's multi-million payday: WalMart sold out
A&E fired Phil, but he is LAUGHING ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK," one tweeter observes, while another urges: "Wal-Mart has sold out of all #DuckDynasty items. Show your support for the Robertson family by purchasing here," providing a link for the purchase.

The Dailly Mail quoted another tweet: 'Your stores may look quite vacant when you pull down the Duck Dynasty merch. May want to double down on the Honey Boo Boo."

A Walmart spokeswoman declined to comment to the newspaper.

According to Forbes, Walmart announced its best-selling item of apparel for both men and women this year was the show's T-shirt.

"Walmart publicly dumped Paula Deen after the Southern chef�s headline-grabbing allegations of racism this past summer, although you can still find her cookware on Walmart.com," wrote Forbes scribe Clare O'Connor.

"The question is whether the powers that be in Bentonville, Ark. believe Robertson�s vile homophobia will anger their shoppers the same way they clearly imagined Deen�s apparent racism would."

The Robertson clan warned that they "cannot imagine" doing the A&E series without patriarch Phil Robertson who has been suspended indefinitely after he told GQ magazine that homosexuality was a sin and compared it to bestiality, among other things.

A&E has yet to publicly clarify what the future of the show might be, what they'll do with their block of reruns, or what the suspension means, CNN reported Friday night.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/US/walmart-duck-dynasty/2013/12/20/id/543139#ixzz2o7lw3Q8P
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The problem is that the Duck Dynasty brand is licensed by A&E. I'm sure the Robertson's get a cut, but A&E are the ones creating the controversy in the first place by putting Phil on hiatus. Duck Commander is the Robertson's brand and the family issued a statement saying supportive folk would do well to purchase Duck Commander for Christmas and leave Duck Dynasty on the shelves.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
The problem is that the Duck Dynasty brand is licensed by A&E. I'm sure the Robertson's get a cut, but A&E are the ones creating the controversy in the first place by putting Phil on hiatus. Duck Commander is the Robertson's brand and the family issued a statement saying supportive folk would do well to purchase Duck Commander for Christmas and leave Duck Dynasty on the shelves.

+1

[Linked Image]

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
my mom is wrapping duck commander stuff right now. I believe all the stuff I've seen in academy is DC.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ignorance, intolerance, and outrageous lies and propaganda are in abundant supply in some parts of the U.S., as indicated by something a Forbes writer wrote (quote from above):

quote:-------------------
"Walmart publicly dumped Paula Deen after the Southern chef�s headline-grabbing allegations of racism this past summer, although you can still find her cookware on Walmart.com," wrote Forbes scribe Clare O'Connor.

"The question is whether the powers that be in Bentonville, Ark. believe Robertson�s vile homophobia will anger their shoppers the same way they clearly imagined Deen�s apparent racism would."
----------------------

1. Nothing Phil said was anywhere close to "vile homophobia." He referenced the Bible in saying that homosexual behavior was sin and mentioned some other sins. Nothing "vile" about that, and I kinda doubt that Phil is afraid of any homosexuals (i.e., no homophobia).

2. Also, to compare Phil to Paula Dean is propaganda that would make Goebbels proud. Phil's commented on race based on his personal experiences of being around and working with African-Americans in his younger days, hoeing cotton. He didn't say anything disparaging about African-Americans, at least I haven't seen anything reported. That section comparing Phil to Paula Dean was carefully crafted to subtly confuse the situation. First by even mentioning Paula Dean, who has nothing to do with Phil's GQ interview. Second by calling Paula a "Southern chef," implying since Phil is a Southerner and Paula Dean is a Southerner, they both must think the same way. Then, in the next paragraph, calling Phil's comments about homosexual behavior being sin "vile homophobia" and equating those comments to Dean's "apparent racism." It is ridiculous that such a radical propagandist's blog post would make it past Forbes' editors.

On another topic, one thing I think our schools need to do a better job about is teaching students to recognize propaganda and to reject such propaganda. The writer of that Forbes blog post should be blackballed from any mainstream media and be limited to posting on Dem Underground or similar extreme leftist websites.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I teach my kids what the reality's are, the schools never will.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Phill is right on with this. Obama gay rights are wrong he Obama is anti christ not god. you'se wanted a change u sure as hell got on

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Ramblin_Razorback
Ignorance, intolerance, and outrageous lies and propaganda are in abundant supply in some parts of the U.S., as indicated by something a Forbes writer wrote (quote from above):

"Walmart publicly dumped Paula Deen after the Southern chef’s headline-grabbing allegations of racism this past summer, although you can still find her cookware on Walmart.com," wrote Forbes scribe Clare O'Connor.

"The question is whether the powers that be in Bentonville, Ark. believe Robertson’s vile homophobia will anger their shoppers the same way they clearly imagined Deen’s apparent racism would."
----------------------

1. Nothing Phil said was anywhere close to "vile homophobia." He referenced the Bible in saying that homosexual behavior was sin and mentioned some other sins. Nothing "vile" about that, and I kinda doubt that Phil is afraid of any homosexuals (i.e., no homophobia).

2. Also, to compare Phil to Paula Dean is propaganda that would make Goebbels proud. Phil's commented on race based on his personal experiences of being around and working with African-Americans in his younger days, hoeing cotton. He didn't say anything disparaging about African-Americans, at least I haven't seen anything reported. That section comparing Phil to Paula Dean was carefully crafted to subtly confuse the situation. First by even mentioning Paula Dean, who has nothing to do with Phil's GQ interview. Second by calling Paula a "Southern chef," implying since Phil is a Southerner and Paula Dean is a Southerner, they both must think the same way. Then, in the next paragraph, calling Phil's comments about homosexual behavior being sin "vile homophobia" and equating those comments to Dean's "apparent racism." It is ridiculous that such a radical propagandist's blog post would make it past Forbes' editors.

On another topic, one thing I think our schools need to do a better job about is teaching students to recognize propaganda and to reject such propaganda. The writer of that Forbes blog post should be blackballed from any mainstream media and be limited to posting on Dem Underground or similar extreme leftist websites.

+1 - First post I have seen that is spot on - not someones biased opinion of the interview

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

+1

[Linked Image]

Thanks for mentioning that because I didn't know that.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Robertson's edited the A&E Duck Dynasty sign in their Duck Commander store (no, that's not me pushing the baby-stroller):

[Linked Image]

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Ramblin_Razorback

----------------------

Thanks for posting that. Most of those commenting on Phil did not read his words and are getting most of it from the MSM. If they actually read his comments, they would be even more outraged at A&E.

As for the schools, ain't gunna happen. Most of the "propaganda" shoved down our children's throats Comes from the schools and the teachers. They sure as hell are not going to do anything to "open their eyes" to their lies.

Last edited by steve4102; 12/22/13.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (1lessdog, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 61 invisible), 2,465 guests, and 1,369 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,358
Posts18,527,128
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.