Hop To
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 26 27
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
"...whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved."

God intrudes. The life of Jesus is bracketed by two impossibilities: a virgin's womb and an empty tomb. Jesus entered our world through a door marked "No Entrance" and left through a door marked "No Exit."

That first Christmas, there was no room for Him in the inn. The world never wants to make room for Christ at Christmas and in everyday life. Man killed Him and sealed the tomb with a huge stone to shut Him out of our lives once and for all. But God removed the stone to prove Jesus will not be shut up or shut out of His plans.

One day Jesus will intrude on history again.

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I fully agree. Thanks for posting.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I'm thankful that he made a way for me.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Bootsfishing

God intrudes. The life of Jesus is bracketed by two impossibilities: a virgin's womb and an empty tomb. Jesus entered our world through a door marked "No Entrance" and left through a door marked "No Exit."

That first Christmas, there was no room for Him in the inn. The world never wants to make room for Christ at Christmas and in everyday life. Man killed Him and sealed the tomb with a huge stone to shut Him out of our lives once and for all. But God removed the stone to prove Jesus will not be shut up or shut out of His plans.

Well said.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
And the imposter of the Moslems lies moldering in his tomb.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jesus is Lord.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Jesus is Lord.
The Savior is born.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
. . and how does one interpret the Roman call to salvation, calling on the name of the Lord? Lets read what the Holy Spirit inspired author of Romans actually did when he called on the name of the Lord:

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

And at that time not as the gentle, humble "lamb"..but as the Lion of Judah

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Very simple and easy to understand and yet the bulk of mankind reject Gods offer of forgiveness.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
So, how do we go about calling on the name of the Lord? Here's one way...
Ro 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by BF

Wonderfully said. Thanks.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
God's grace is truly amazing.

μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Ro 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
I love saying "Jesus is Lord" or typing it. One can only be saved once, and I am, but confession truly is good for the soul and the Bible says that one cannot say that but by the Holy Ghost. I love the Lord.

Last edited by EthanEdwards; 12/22/13.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Amen to all of the above ,

HE is the REASON for the season
HE is the Alpha and Omega
HE is the living Word
HE is THE KING of kings
HE is the Salvation of the world to those who will accept HIM
HE is my LORD and SAVIOUR
HE Reins

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I love saying "Jesus is Lord" or typing it. One can only be saved once, and I am, but confession truly is good for the soul and the Bible says that one cannot say that but by the Holy Ghost. I love the Lord.
Yes indeed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

And today there is no room for Him in many "churches."

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
� And today there is no room for Him in many "churches."

One of my long-time-favorite anecdotes is about dear Negro Brother Sam, who was fervently dedicated to Jesus and fervently longed for fellowship with other Christians.

The only church in his area was a white folks' church, where he'd love to join the worship but knew that he wasn't welcome there. So he'd wait in the brush until everybody went inside, then he'd settle under a window and from there listen to the scripture-reading and the sermon, sing the hymns, etc � always wishing, of course, that he could be inside with the others.

One Sunday morning, he was startled to feel an arm laid across his shoulders. He looked around, and there stood Jesus beside him.

"Don't feel bad, Brother," Jesus said. "I've wanted to be in there ever since they built the place."

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

srp Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great post, Bootsfishing. Timely and eloquent. Merry Christmas to all.

A fool uttereth all his mind - Proverbs 29:11
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

The above along with John 3:16 is the true heart of what life is all about.

They can take Jesus out of our parks, public buildings, schools, and media but they cannot take Him out of my heart.

All the rest is just fluff.

God bless all who belong to Him this season.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (1minute, 2500HD, 219 Wasp, 257robertsimp, 06hunter59, 204guy, 54 invisible), 2,437 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,894
Posts18,518,374
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.